PDA

View Full Version : Stock Fuel System + 255 Pump: A Question

PaulFiveOh
03-21-2007, 11:45 PM
I'd like some input on this please:

I have a stock fuel system, 93 fox, and I'm going to put a Walboro 255 on it. Keeping in mind that I have a stock Regulator, will adding the 255 do any thing for me?

My thought is: I have the 255, So I will also buy a BBK (or similar) Adjustable Fuel Regulator to allow for the added fuel. Is this a good idea?

Also, I plan on running Nitrous with a Cam, head work, intake mani, set up. I currently have 19# injectors. I am almost 100% sure that 19's will not support a 125ish dry shot. Is this correct? And, is it dangerous for the motor to be sprayed on 19# injectors?

And finally, should I invest in Injectors + Meter before Nitrous or the other way around?

Thanks for you input guys.

Rick93coupe
03-22-2007, 12:12 AM
A 255 is a good replacement if your going to do bolt on's. Right now, your not using more fuel than the stock pump can support, but with heads/cam/intake, in the future you'll need the added volume. 19's can support quite a bit of power, so dont be in a hurry to replace them unless you need to. Yes you should pick up an adjustable fpr, when the mods are done and the 19's starting running out on you, you can raise the fuel pressure a bit to stretch them out a little farther, but only to a point.

You'll have to ask someone else about the N20, its like messing with plutonium, you make a mistake and shit gets ugly real quick. I would go ahead and get the 255 in there.

Kevin Doe
03-22-2007, 12:18 AM
You'll need the bigger pump no matter if you go wet or dry kit. Going with a 255 pump will likely be enough, depending on how big of a shot you go with.

PaulFiveOh
03-22-2007, 12:38 AM
Thanks.

Is it possible to adjust the pressure on a stock regulator?

Rick93coupe
03-22-2007, 01:02 AM
Nope, I may know someone with a holley regulator for sale, I'll ask tomorrow. I'm outta here for the night. Later on,
Rick

PaulFiveOh
03-22-2007, 01:22 AM
Sounds good rick. I'm actully trying to buy all my parts new from jegs or likewise just because i can throw them on the good ole' credit card. :) But shoot me a price if you would.

chad393na
03-22-2007, 08:30 AM
I've went 10.50's on a 255 (gss340) pump, stock lines and aftermarket fuel rails. This was with a 70 shot that got it's fuel supply from the same pump! I'm stepping up this season with a seperate fuel system for the nitrous.

8banger
03-22-2007, 12:41 PM
I went through 2 walboro 255 pumps in a 3 week period(first lasted 3 weeks,,second,I didn't make it home from the shop......I bought a (factory 255 )SVT focus pump assembly of ebay(brand new in the box ford unit)(99.00) green top pump...and its been great ever since....:D

conley1000000
03-22-2007, 12:48 PM
Your 19lbs. Injectors will be good on a 100, 125 shot of NOS dry(read your other post). The 255 fuel pump will work awesome with the setup your going to but you will need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator...I recommend Aeromotive, highly dont recommend BBK(lots of issues). You should be fine with fuel rails right off the bat. As far as the meter goes, you can get by with a stock one for now, but tunability wise, you should get a bigger one, but you dont nececarilly need injectors at the same time...My buddy has a 100 shot through CAI, 70mm TB, Holley Upper lower intake, AFR 185? Heads, and a 70mm meter and hes running low 12's on 19lbs. injectors if that gives you any idea...I know this is off topic but if your looking to pic up 1/4 mile times have you thought about a rear end gear? With the nitrous I recommend 3.73s...

Jeff88coupe
03-22-2007, 01:57 PM
The 255 intake will support more hp than the stock block can hold...you will be fine with it. You will be ok with the 19lb injectors depending on how radical you go with your head/intake/cam upgrades. I would go with a wet nitrous kit....then you will not have to depend on the injectors to supply the extra fuel for the nitrous. You should be albe to make 350+ rwhp with 19lb inj and a wet nitrous kit.