PDA

View Full Version : SCCA Performance Driving Experience - Mid Ohio, August 10, 2007

Gene
03-23-2007, 06:07 PM
What is a PDX? It is your opportunity to drive your car at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. Drive the track widely known as the “most competitive road course in the United States” with instruction from championship-winning racers that know the fast way around the challenging and twisting 2.4-miles of asphalt. This level 1 PDX event is a non-competitive instructional event permitting passing in designated areas, and the ability to improve your car control skills and test the limits of your car; off course excursions are not permitted so be prepared to be in control while going fast and having fun.

What do I need? A safe car and a valid driver’s license (SCCA competition license NOT required). Convertibles must have a hard top or an SCCA solo approved rollbar (see section 18 of the SCCA Time Trial rules). A helmet; M95 or newer; if you don’t own tne, the Cincy Region Solo Loaner helmets will be available. Eye protection, sunglasses, safety glasses or goggles; the driver’s window should be down and objects like bugs, rubber “marbles” and other debris can fly into your car and….(insert Murphy’s law here)…. Long sleeve shirt, long pants, racing or athletic shoes that fully cover your feet, earplugs and racing gloves if needed. Tools for the changes to the car; tire pressure
gauge, torque wrench, jack and stands, a box to store items from inside the car while you are on the track, an extra set of brake pads is a very good idea. August can be hot & humid, bring plenty of water & fluids, lunch too the concession stand may not be open, also raingear, sunblock, snow shoes and other comfort items are recommended.

Where do I find detailed information on technical specs & rules? Go to
scca.com, click on the “Club Racing” tab on the left side of the screen and choose “Cars & Rules” on the pull down menu, choose “Time Trial Rules.” Other topics on the pull down menu can answer many questions too, and you may always contact the PDX chair at cincyscca65@fuse.net. or 513-304-1177 for clarification.

Cincy SCCA PDX- New Challenges, Learn, Practice, Test, Tune.
How do I sign up? Space is very limited for this event. Reservations for entry are currently being accepted. A temporary SCCA membership will be necessary if you are not a member to ensure coverage on the SCCA master insurance plan, this is highly recommended.

Not a member? You can join Cincinnati Region (70) SCCA through Cincyscca.com, scca.com, or contact Jerry Cabe at friar_10bsp@fuse.net, 513-671-3839.

Fill out the reservation form below and send it with a $25 deposit (check or money orders, please no cash) to; Cincy PDX, 591 Dorgene Ln, Cinn., Oh. 45244-1008 This deposit is non-refundable. Make payable to Cincinnati SCCA. this form is for reservations only. Final payment and completed Entry Form will be due June 15,2007. A $50 fee will be assessed for returned checks. Event entry will be confirmed when all fees are paid and a completed entry form is on file; the official entry form will be sent to you in the near future.

Entry fee is $199.00.

NAME______________________________________________ _____
Address___________________________________________ _______
City________________State____________Zip__________ ________
Phone ( )_______________ email____________________________
SCCA member number______________expiration date____________
Car make_____________model_______________year_________ ___
Color_________engine displacement_______forced induction? Y N
Hardtop_____rollbar_____(check all that apply) Tire size___________
List any performance modifications_____________________________________ __
__________________________________________________ _________________
__________________________________________________ _________________
List sanctioned high performance driving experiences (solo, track days, racing,
schools, rallies, etc.) please include approximate dates
__________________________________________________ _____________________________
__________________________________________________ _____________________________
Signature________________________________________D ate___________________________
Space for this event is very limited; send your reservation now to ensure your
place in the fun

The fine print;
By completing this form and reserving an entry for this Cincinnati Region SCCA event, I understand that I will comply with
the procedures outlined; that this event will held in strict compliance with the rules and regulations of the Sports Car Club
Of America and its Region 70.

I already sent my registration in. Should be a fun time, and it's priced fairly reasonable. I'm interested to see how the SCCA does things different in an HPDE event.

67Terror
03-23-2007, 07:00 PM
looks like alot of fun for not a bad price. i might be in i have to check on a few things.

theyallslow
03-23-2007, 08:14 PM
i would like to know more about this, but i am in...looks like a lot of fun.

OrangeStang04
03-23-2007, 08:49 PM
Hells Yeah!! But I won't be able to go... Have fun Gene... Mid-Ohio is an amazing track and it was tons o' fun to have the pumpkin going around it!!

ChrisHunley
04-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Sounds like my kind of fun. I have made a few laps on a 97 GSXR-600R there before. I may try to go

Maximus
04-21-2007, 02:03 AM
So how many laps do we get? Why cant I go off roadin? Im sure my ass would be pressed at turning right or left at the end of a 1/4 mile. Im use to my shut down area.

I wonder if I could have my 438 in the 85 for the day, Im sure I could surprise a couple ZO6 guys (at least on the straightaways):jawdrop: :evilgrin:

aperacer
04-21-2007, 07:42 PM
think you could catch d.popp in the straits in his car? that would really piss him off...he only has a little 398 or something like that....:eek:

Gene
06-21-2007, 02:50 PM
Bringing this back to the top so Cracker can find it. :cool1: