PDA

View Full Version : '85-86 doors

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-23-2007, 06:09 PM
I've posted for this before but i figured it's worth a shot again. I need doors for my coupe but i don't wanna bother with the trim and getting everything to match, so does anyone have '85 or '86 doors that are 100% rust free? I'd prefer manual windows but will settle for power, and i don't necessarily need the door panels since i can put mine on them.

theyallslow
03-23-2007, 08:17 PM
well i have an 86, and I would like power windows and locks. but it is all manual. how hard would it be to change over?

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-24-2007, 08:52 AM
I'm not sure what you're saying....do you have some for sale and want to swap internals or....?

I'm not 100% on how to do it but from what i've heard it's a matter of drilling out some rivets and removing the window up/down unit and swapping them, then bolt/screw them in.

I actually have some '87+ doors that are power and rust free, but i don't wanna hassle with the window molding not matching and trying to get that to look right. If anyone has good '85-86 doors that's maybe looking to get '87+ quarter glass swapped in and wants the newer doors, i'll trade straight up. I don't know if the window motors work or not though.

theyallslow
03-24-2007, 11:42 AM
I was hoping to trade my doors for some with power, so I dont have to change molding. but i just found the color code thing from the guy i got my car form, and it looks like it will be to hard to match the color.