PDA

View Full Version : EBAY IS MESSED UP NOW!

ricmcusa
03-26-2007, 10:46 PM
I have sold stuff on there bought stuff on there. Past 3 years no problems. I read a story about people hackin that site and jackin people's user name and password to sell non existing things for profit(100% profit).So had to see for myself. I bid on three nitrous kits in the past two days.I have been wanting one. First two second chance offer. Then they want to get around ebay e mail me call there cell number. I did call this dude for shits and giggles. Disconnected number. No thank you. The last straw was when the third was way under it's price. To good to be true. I didn't bid on this one by this time.:flipoff: I got an e mail from ebay. Auction was closed early by someone but we don't know if it was us or what?:dunno: :HYF: I am not out anything that I know of. But I am pissed because of the info of mine that these morons a.k.a. ebay has. I am going to miss selling stuff on there to.
Just a heads up for you all. Things have really changed in the past few months. IMO.

Black Horse
03-26-2007, 11:01 PM
It's definately getting worse. There are still some good deals, but it seems the average Joe selling stuff is disappearing. Now it is EBay businesses, and other companies. The nearly force you into using the EBay/PayPal credit card scam if you are selling stuff too - another 3 or 4% goes into EBays/PayPals (Ebay and PayPal are owned by the same corp.) pockets.
You have to watch out for the unbelievable shipping costs too...you can buy some great stuff for next to nothing then you find out the shipping cost as much as what you could have bought the stuff for new at a store near you. Not only does it rip you off, but it avoids having to pay EBay the listing fees. I have reported many "unrealistic" shipping charges and EBay doesn't do squat.

Bottom line - buyer beware. Too bad what was once a good thing has now become the crap that it is.

Blackout
03-26-2007, 11:19 PM
Ebay has become a joke!!!!!!!!!! You can't get any good deals any more, they are all stores, selling at retail prices and then you have to turn around and pay an outragous shipping price. EBAY SUCKS!!!!!!

just my .02 cents

ricmcusa
03-26-2007, 11:21 PM
Yeah that has been the norm for the past year or so. Now due to security reasons you can't see who your bidding against. Now it's bidder#1 bidder#2. etc.No user name or nothing. I just wander if this is giving sellers the chance to bid against there own items. Now more than ever.

92coupe
03-26-2007, 11:30 PM
Ebay has went down hill the past two years for sure. I have bought a lotof stuff from there mostly persoanl sellers and never had any real problems i couldnt handle. This just sucks eveything good eventually comes to an end.

Blackout
03-26-2007, 11:30 PM
I used to buy off ebay all the time, but not any more. just for the reason of how stupid it's gotten.

ricmcusa
03-26-2007, 11:40 PM
Yeah I have seen alot of copy fender strats on there for a dollar. Shipping is only 250.00 form china. Not a real fender either. Just a picture of one. I have been buying coins on there. No more. I was lucky.Seen alot of fake coins to. Now the Chinese etc. scam is coming from the U.S. These bastards (not just chinese HACKERS in general ) hack your account sell stuff that doesn't exist thru your account Then next thing you know is W.T.F. I never sold that! Why do I have a negative feedback. It's gettin real bad. I am closing my account for sure. I miss the 70's and 80's:cool1:

Foxxx5oh
03-27-2007, 02:26 AM
www.ubid.com

nothing parts wise except mobile audio/video stuff, but some great deals on other stuff as well

cstreu1026
03-27-2007, 07:31 AM
Back in the day....isn't that how all these sort or things should start. Anyway...I use to buy and sell a lot on Ebay. I sold a lot ski equipment on there both for myself and for a sporting goods store I use to work for. At that time most equipment I sold went for wholesale or sometimes even less but it gave me a chance to get rid of extra inventory at the end of the season. It seems today, as other have already stated, that its nothing but a bunch of retailers selling stuff near, at, or even above the prices you can get locally. Even stuff of individuals seems to be going for much much higher prices. Scams are becoming more and more frequent and buyers don't seem to be getting much protection. However, Ebay continues to up their fees as well as paypal. It sucks that you can't even sell one higher priced item and recieve money through payal without paying their damn fees. Their basic account is worthless since it limits the number of transactions and the amounts of money you can recieve. I still like to look on there but I am doing less and less buying and selling these days.

beefcake
03-27-2007, 09:20 AM
the reason they wen't to the buyer one, buyer two etc... was because of all the scammers sending 2nd chance offers

i've had people call me on cars saying that they received an email saying the buyer backed out and they could buy for x $$

i had a girl drive down a while ago from 5 hours away for a civic that had been sold a week earlier, she had recieved an email saying that the buyer backed out, she could buy it for x dollars,. what they are trying to do is get you to paypal them a deposit or money in full and then disappear

she didn't think to get back on the original add and look at the email address or call my phone # that is listed 3 different times ,lol

her dad wasn't too happy she drug him down there

cstreu1026
03-27-2007, 09:49 AM
You know the fees they charge to list a car are too high. $40 to list then another $40 if it sells.

IWRBB
03-27-2007, 10:50 AM
You know the fees they charge to list a car are too high. $40 to list then another $40 if it sells.

For the right car, usually a sports car, you cannot beat Ebay and the $40 is well worth the exposure you get on EBay. For the average commuter POS, yea that's too much. Selling a low mile BWM M3 though? Ebay is the place to sell it.

I buy $2 and $3 CDs from people selling off their CD collections. You can get brand new/mint condition discs for $3 to $5 shipped.

FoxEgirl
03-27-2007, 02:23 PM
i hate ebay. nothin worth bidding anymore. all things you can get in town.

Mista Bone
03-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Now due to security reasons you can't see who your bidding against. Now it's bidder#1 bidder#2. etc.

I don't have that problem. I almost got into a bidder war, saw it was a buddy, contacted him. He needed the part more than I did, so I didn't run the price up to what I was willing to pay.

331TwistedWedge
03-27-2007, 07:58 PM
go to c-notes100 and look at our items, i give stuff away on a daily basis *so there are deals to be made* ... been in the ebay business for 3 years now ... its a gold mine!!! ... i was an accountant at the post office (USPS) and quit my job for this ...

you make a lot on some items, but you lose on a few - just as long as we keep 200 items running a week we do great ... ebay is great, its getting bigger and better by the day ... look at the commercials ...

if anyone sees anything they really want - i will work with you ......

C-NOTES100

RIXXX93GT
04-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Friend of mine had his checking account wiped out by someone who hacked his ebay account. Traced it to Romania...cops said...SOL.

Gene
04-09-2007, 09:47 AM
I used to buy stuff on eBay all the time, but these days the message boards seem to be a better source. I remember in the late 90s when you could find all kinds of rare Alfa parts on eBay, but those days are long past. Most of the parts on there anymore are junk.

The only thing I would consider buying on there anymore is cars or motorcycles...stuff that's out of state that I wouldn't see otherwise.