PDA

View Full Version : For all you 03-04 Cobra Owners!!

OrangeStang04
03-28-2007, 03:35 PM
So who is gonne be the next one to get this? It is the Whipple 3.4L on an 03 Cobra.... that's Right 8 liters... 483 cubic inchs of PURE FURRY!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4755577734214042313

Black Hole
03-28-2007, 03:52 PM
I dunno....a lot of promises were broken with that blower. I think it hurt their rep compared to the KB 2.6 and 2.8L blowers. :dunno:

Right now, I'd take ANY KB or Whipple instead of my HEATON. :(

ponyboystroker
03-28-2007, 04:52 PM
I dunno....a lot of promises were broken with that blower.(

What do you mean?

That damn thing looks monstrous, but I guess it has to be to achieve 3.4L.

Black Hole
03-28-2007, 05:07 PM
What do you mean?

That damn thing looks monstrous, but I guess it has to be to achieve 3.4L.

Well, for starters it was "guaranteed to be available to ship" almost 6 months ago......when in reality it just became available this month.:HYF:

Go over to Modularfords.com and do a search......A TON of people were upset about that and ended up buying the larger KB blowers instead.

ponyboystroker
03-28-2007, 05:32 PM
Well, for starters it was "guaranteed to be available to ship" almost 6 months ago......when in reality it just became available this month.:HYF:

Go over to Modularfords.com and do a search......A TON of people were upset about that and ended up buying the larger KB blowers instead.

Oh I see. I guess they (Whipple) ruined it for themselves.

IWRBB
03-29-2007, 11:18 AM
Being late doesn't matter. The 03/04 market has many hundreds of twinscrews yet to sell, the car has been out 5 years and there has been 7 twin screw supercharger models already. KB 2.2, 2.4, 2.6, 2.8 and Whipple 2.3L (Lysolm), Whipple 2.3L, Whipple 3.4L.

If the 3.4L performs, that's all that matters. The KB2.8 is delivering big numbers with *very* low IAT2 temps. Whipple has to be able to match the power and IAT's of the 2.8 and it'll sell like mad. Another 0.6 liters of blower displacement for future growth is no small difference. If a few people get all pissy about a missed time frame (on an aftermarket supercharger no less), oh well.. there's hundreds of others who didn't care about that date and will still buy them.

Whipple has killed KB in sales everytime they bring out a new blower, we'll see this time though. That KB2.8 blower is going to be a tough one to beat, and a lot of people might think a 3.4L is too big. KB may stay on top for a while IMO.

I like my Whipple :)

Black03SVT
03-29-2007, 07:06 PM
Next year I will be pulling the heaton but not sure wich blower to go with yet? They ALL make great power:bigthumb Waiting for a few people to test the new Whipp????