PDA

View Full Version : Removing Hi-Temp Paint in a pinch....suggestions?

PaulFiveOh
03-28-2007, 09:37 PM
I 'attempted' to paint my upper intake manifold with that high temp paint from autozone. But.... I was in a rush and didnt tape or any thing....needless to say, it looks like absolute shit.

If I take the upper mani off, can i hit it with a pressure washer to take the paint off, do you think that will get it off?

Other chemical suggestions?
(ps- I have about 2 hours to work on it once I start)

Thanks

-Paul

DeckerEnt
03-28-2007, 10:02 PM
If you take the intake off, I would get a good paint stripper. Paint it on and wait till it all bubbles. I have no idea what it will do to the intake but you are going to paint it again off the motor so...
Keith

PaulFiveOh
03-28-2007, 10:32 PM
Good deal, thanks Keith.

Stangman
03-28-2007, 10:49 PM
I agree, and if u have access to a dremel so u can get the nooks and crannies so the next coat will cover well. maybe use some Adhesion Promoter

PaulFiveOh
03-28-2007, 10:59 PM
http://www.paulloveless.org/upload/ugly.jpg

Its pretty effen bad.

DeckerEnt
03-28-2007, 11:57 PM
What were you trying to do there?? Black box and red tubes would look killer.
Keith

PaulFiveOh
03-29-2007, 12:04 AM
Just that. Red Tubes with black rop.

Any recommendation on how I could do it my self with cans?

Rick93coupe
03-29-2007, 12:51 AM
[IMG] Its pretty effen bad.

You can say that again!:lol:

Make sure you tape it off next time, that makes all the difference in the world, the 15 minutes you saved before, is now gonna take hrs to fix. You can do it with rattle cans, but your gonna have to unbolt it and paint from underneath and the front and back. Just take your time after you tape off the box portion.

Kevin Doe
03-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Hahahahahha, Paul, W T F.

I can't believe you'd even post a picture of that. What gave you the slight inclination that it would look decent w/o taping or maskign anything off? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah, definately my laugh of the day.

Get some that aircraft/paint stripper gel shit, let is soak, adn it should come right off, especially if the paint is fresh. Then do it over again with some tape and masking. LOL.

PaulFiveOh
03-29-2007, 10:59 AM
Hahahahahha, Paul, W T F.

I can't believe you'd even post a picture of that. What gave you the slight inclination that it would look decent w/o taping or maskign anything off? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah, definately my laugh of the day.

Get some that aircraft/paint stripper gel shit, let is soak, adn it should come right off, especially if the paint is fresh. Then do it over again with some tape and masking. LOL.

LOL :flipoff: Sounds good. I appreciate the.......... help haha.

Thanks guys