PDA

View Full Version : Darn it... New Exhaust Bent!!!

Pops Fun
03-29-2007, 09:10 AM
Darn it... what a day. Drove the stang to work wanted to hear the new exhaust. 1/8 of a mile from the office, (but inside GE), there is a steel obstruction in the road, about 3 or 4 inches high they are pumping something somewhere and this si so you can get across the road. So I try to get the stang across.... real slow the front wheels go down....a gentle clang., backup off the thing, start to backup to turn around CLANG :mad: I hit a piece of steel on a skid along the road.... Park and the new exhaust is bent against the fruggin tire :mad:

Two days and it's bent argggh!!

Pops

holeshot
03-29-2007, 10:33 AM
I feel your pain! The roads around where I live are breaking apart, exposing grand canyon sized potholes. The other day I was driving home from work and came upon a brand new one that wasnt there the day before. I swerve to the center to avoid it, but the center section of the road was bulged up and broken. Sure enough, a huge chunk of pavement crushes my h-pipe. It crushed in about 1/3 of the way. I wasnt too happy.

ihave1sweetride
03-29-2007, 10:42 AM
Pops, that sucks!! I hope it won't take much to fix it!

Kevin Doe
03-29-2007, 10:47 AM
That sucks. I've seen your car at work before, never realized it was you. Do you work back in that area near the Aero test building, by the fitness center?

kennebellcobra
03-29-2007, 10:55 AM
That sucks! You've been havin some bad luck. I Feel for ya.

Pops Fun
03-29-2007, 11:05 AM
That sucks. I've seen your car at work before, never realized it was you. Do you work back in that area near the Aero test building, by the fitness center?

That is me, back in bldg. 326 my car usually sits right at the fence, we have the whole building, just no good way to get there now.

Pops

Pops Fun
03-29-2007, 11:09 AM
Pops, that sucks!! I hope it won't take much to fix it!

probably need a new pipe, need to put it on a lift and take a look. Have to find out if you can just buy parts?? My own fault and that makes me mad at myself.. here is my fish:HYF: .

cstreu1026
03-29-2007, 11:25 AM
I swear Steve, if you didn't have bad luck you wouldn't have any luck at all.

Pops Fun
03-29-2007, 01:02 PM
Hi
Went to Midas at lunch and they heated and bent it some so it is not hanging down. Just need a new pipe, and life will be good again.

Pops

Goldenpony
03-31-2007, 04:43 PM
Sorry 'bout your luck Steve. That sucks! Glad it wasn't too serious.
I dropped my left rear tire off my driveway last ice storm. I ended up dragging the rocker panel ground effect molding along the asphalt and messing it all up (on my '06). Took $250 to make her whole again. I was pissed.

bobtsgt
04-01-2007, 03:37 PM
that sucks Steve. Mabey work can reimburst ya :D

Pops Fun
04-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Sorry 'bout your luck Steve. That sucks! Glad it wasn't too serious.
I dropped my left rear tire off my driveway last ice storm. I ended up dragging the rocker panel ground effect molding along the asphalt and messing it all up (on my '06). Took $250 to make her whole again. I was pissed.

Jim I guess you were pissed!! Glad you got it fixed. I was mad then thought I could have hit the bumper and that would have bee quite a bit more...:)

Pops Fun
04-01-2007, 05:07 PM
that sucks Steve. Mabey work can reimburst ya :D

No way... The metal was sticking past the white line on the road but they won't touch it.. they would probably take my drive-in away if they paid it.. for $50 I'll just go my way!!:) Only about 62 days to go there... but who's counting :D.

Pops

bobtsgt
04-01-2007, 09:21 PM
thats cool. are you going to leave a nice patch on your last day???

Pops Fun
04-01-2007, 10:36 PM
thats cool. are you going to leave a nice patch on your last day???

Does a bear shit in the woods!!

dedpedal
04-01-2007, 10:43 PM
I know someone who might let you have a pair of 295/50s that you can smoke to the cords, Ill have to ask him next time we get together.

mustang8998
04-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Steve, you HAVE to let someone know all the horrid details, of said burnout. This needs to be recorded (photos, video, pen and ink, oils, etc....). :D

Pops Fun
04-03-2007, 08:46 AM
Steve, you HAVE to let someone know all the horrid details, of said burnout. This needs to be recorded (photos, video, pen and ink, oils, etc....). :D

This may have to be put off a couple months... They are talking about bringing me back as a contractor....... Double dipping... :D more money for the stang
This is on hold for now :)

bobtsgt
04-03-2007, 08:50 AM
aaawwwwwww :( thats cool though. more money is a good thing