PDA

View Full Version : Thin rubber strip coming out of the back of my harmonic balancer....is that bad????

Stangman
04-01-2007, 04:29 PM
so i just jacked up the stang to see what it would take to change the oil pressure sending unit (cuz i think its lying to me!)

and noticed that a strip of rubber is hangin out of my balancer all the way around it!!! and i am just gonna take a stab at this and say that thats not a good thing...:angel:

any suggestions?

kennebellcobra
04-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Throw it away! I went with professional products damper, cheap, sfi approved and it's holding up good so far.

Pops Fun
04-01-2007, 05:11 PM
I wouldn't drive it very much that way.... Got another one..

Timido
04-01-2007, 08:39 PM
I wouldnt drive it at all. The ballancer is on its way to coming apart damaging the engine and maybe you if you are close enough when it comes apart

bstanger
04-01-2007, 09:51 PM
I just changed my oil sending unit a couple days ago, because it would go to almost 0 oil pressure. After the change it stays in the middle of my oil pressure gauge and stays there or goes higher. I agree with the other stangbangerz that the balancer is about to come apart and fail. Replace it asap.

331TwistedWedge
04-01-2007, 10:05 PM
I wouldnt drive it at all. The ballancer is on its way to coming apart damaging the engine and maybe you if you are close enough when it comes apart

listen to duncan dog nuts up there :lol: ... you're ready to go at anytime, dont drive your car ... it happened to me ... your car will shake like car-azy! ... not very safe ... :eek:

Stangman
04-02-2007, 12:08 AM
been drivin it since i dont know when it started to do that.... dont have any other properly functional vehicles :(

hadnt noticed any shaking... i only get some vibration around 90-100 mph

guess i'll be checkin on balancer prices, and maybe underdrives too...

Silver Bullet
04-02-2007, 01:32 AM
Yep, don't drive it, I had a stock balancer come apart on me once... it's a bad thing. I could tear a lot of crap up when it comes apart and cost you a lot of money.

StangKid
04-02-2007, 01:40 AM
Yep, don't drive it, I had a stock balancer come apart on me once... it's a bad thing. I could tear a lot of crap up when it comes apart and cost you a lot of money.

+1111111111

WHYTRY
04-02-2007, 03:36 AM
Throw it away! I went with professional products damper, cheap, sfi approved and it's holding up good so far.

I have one of these ill sell if interested? its a 50 oz also have the pulley adapter.

Stangman
04-02-2007, 07:20 AM
I have one of these ill sell if interested? its a 50 oz also have the pulley adapter.

pulley adapter????? :confused:

Oh and by the way... will it fit 94/95's? seeing how practically nothing from a fox is interchangable...

Seeing how i could use one, PM me with a price if you dont mind

If these fancy ones are too expensive i am just going to go with the nodular iron replacement balancer from ford racing for 70 bucks....