PDA

View Full Version : Bees question

DeckerEnt
04-03-2007, 12:32 AM
I found a hole in my wood siding today and could hear the crunching of something eating away at it inside. Well I got a ladder, took some insect spray and soaked the holes. There were 4 of them. Well, about 5 min later, those huge fat bees started to come out, fall to the ground and die. 7 total came out. That was just as it got dark and no more are on the ground now. My ? is how many could be in there? I don't hear the crunching sound any more now so I think I got em.
Keith

dedpedal
04-03-2007, 12:51 AM
Keep up on them, they aint gone yet. I get them every year and have to hit the holes a few times and theyre gone for the summer.

conley1000000
04-03-2007, 01:01 AM
Spray the b'jesus out of the hole and then take a dowell rod, cut a piece off and plug the hole with it...thats what I have to do...

PaulFiveOh
04-03-2007, 01:07 AM
Where is that post where they flame threw a hive.

DeckerEnt
04-03-2007, 01:15 AM
I don't need to burn my house down.LOL
Keith

Silver Bullet
04-03-2007, 01:29 AM
Yep, pour some gas on it and set fire to it, that will getum! LOL:lol:

redripper
04-03-2007, 04:12 AM
Boring into wood they are woodminers. They dont sting but sure can bit like a son of bitch. Exterminator or take your chances with the bug spray. Or get the guns out and fill it full of holes , just kidding good luck,

DSSKing68
04-03-2007, 06:26 AM
I was amazed at how deep they can go into wood. I had a elevated playhouse I had built at our last house, and it had some 1"x6" thick cedar siding for trim. They bored up into in about 3" then went both ways into the length of the wood. I split the wood open after making sure those bastards had gone. They bored back into the wood about a foot, then laid an egg or some type of larvae, then closed off that chamber, then did it again, all the way till the vertical hole into the wood. There must have been 20 of those bastard babies in there.

Check this out - http://www.e-bug.net/pests/carpenter_bees.shtml

DeckerEnt
04-03-2007, 08:18 AM
Well, no more dead ones on the ground this AM. I think when I get home tonight, I will soak the heck out of that piece of siding and seal up the holes. No I am not going to grab the gas or the guns. Then again putting more holes would be fun.
Keith

bobtsgt
04-03-2007, 08:40 AM
just let Kevin come over after a few dozen white castles and that should take care of your problem :lol:

BigBadStang
04-03-2007, 10:52 AM
you can also take SEVIN DUST and put it in the hole. then when they go into the tunnels they have the SEVIN on them and they carry it to the larvae killing both the bee and the larvae. (this is how an exterminator told me to kil them off) they are cock$uckers to keep away from your stuff, but stay vigilant or they will do some MAJOR damage. these bastards can destroy good wood in the matter of a few days. and yes...no sting...but you DONT want to get bitten by one!! it hurts like a muthafucka!!
watch 'dem bitches, cause the female ones get aggressive as hell...they dive at you and $hit!

67Terror
04-03-2007, 11:02 AM
use brake cleaner, its better than any bee killer you can buy and from my experience it keeps them away longer.

bobtsgt
04-03-2007, 11:27 AM
brake cleaner works nice. it also works on birds too

ADaughen
04-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Wiffle ball bat practice. You better hit them the first time though b/c the 2nd time they dive out of the sun like ze Germans during WWII.

We had them bad at my parents. I went to knock a bee off the side of the house. Nicked the facia and the 1"x2"x8' split from end to end.

My uncle brought in his chemicals and killed them off two years ago. They're just now starting to come back. Time to call him in again. He's out of Troy, OH. But could recommend a suitable cure for them. ;)

bobtsgt
04-03-2007, 11:57 AM
yesterday I used that electric swatter from Harbor Freight. Didn't really kill the bee just pissed it off and dazed it.

Stangman
04-03-2007, 10:37 PM
yesterday I used that electric swatter from Harbor Freight. Didn't really kill the bee just pissed it off and dazed it.

Electric swatter?????

what kinda crap is that????

And from Harbor freight?????

:confused: :confused:

I picture some sorta Wile E. Coyote contraption, and bob using it too:D

And dont forget the pesky Raccoons too!!

Mista Bone
04-03-2007, 11:43 PM

and raccons....... (thanks Vinny!)

I've got some bee/wasp spray that CG&E used to used......it has nerve gas in it.

DO NOT USE INDOORS!

It works good though.......

conley1000000
04-04-2007, 01:26 AM
Wiffle ball bat practice. You better hit them the first time though b/c the 2nd time they dive out of the sun like ze Germans during WWII.

We had them bad at my parents. I went to knock a bee off the side of the house. Nicked the facia and the 1"x2"x8' split from end to end.

My uncle brought in his chemicals and killed them off two years ago. They're just now starting to come back. Time to call him in again. He's out of Troy, OH. But could recommend a suitable cure for them. ;)

Big grill spatulas work nice too...lol...my neighbor runs around his backyard chasing bees with one...

dedpedal
04-04-2007, 07:53 AM
Badmitton raquets are great for cicadas. one might work well on these bees too.