PDA

View Full Version : Heater hose removal

92coupe
04-03-2007, 08:46 PM
For anyone that has removed the heater pipes and coolant temp sensor, I am gonna remove the coolant tubes and sensor and just run a 90 on the intake and run the waterpump hose to it. But i'm wondering what's gonna happen with the coolant temp sensor on the coolant tube?? Will it affect anything??

Thanks!!:cool1:

Timido
04-03-2007, 08:50 PM
I think I just used a reducer to put the sensor in the intake hole. And I capped the waterpump line.

quik lx
04-03-2007, 09:10 PM
same here, Home Depot fitting to adapt the sensor straight to the intake and cap the lines. the car will run like crap without the sensor hooked up.

facemelter71
04-05-2007, 06:34 PM
I havent done it yet but ive got the piece that screws into the intake that goes into a barbed hose fitting.All i have to do it just cut the metal pipe and plug it into some hose.Ive got more fittings if anyone needs one.

quik lx
04-05-2007, 06:57 PM
I havent done it yet but ive got the piece that screws into the intake that goes into a barbed hose fitting.All i have to do it just cut the metal pipe and plug it into some hose.Ive got more fittings if anyone needs one.

Its easier to take the metal pipe completely out and adapt straight from the sensor to the intake. Looks cleaner too.

facemelter71
04-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Sounds good but how do i get that adapter peice,does it adapt from the intake to the coolant sensor threads.

dedpedal
04-06-2007, 06:12 PM
I took the sensor for the ecu and put it on the other side and put my temp gauge in the hole for the heater pipe. I had to unwrap the harness and run the wires up the drivers side of the intake.

Silver Bullet
04-06-2007, 06:48 PM
I took the hose from the waterpump to the hardline that goes into the intake with the coolant sensor in it and kept it hooked up. I took a wiz wheel and cut off the remaining hardline, looks pretty good imo. And you don't have to worry about relocating anything.

Silver Bullet
04-06-2007, 06:54 PM
I took the hose from the waterpump to the hardline that goes into the intake with the coolant sensor in it and kept it hooked up. I took a wiz wheel and cut off the remaining hardline, looks pretty good imo. And you don't have to worry about relocating anything.

quik lx
04-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Sounds good but how do i get that adapter peice,does it adapt from the intake to the coolant sensor threads.

yes, it's like 2 bux at Lowe's. Take both pieces and test fit at the store!

The other connector hanging there is for the old canister for emissions that was on the framerail.