PDA

View Full Version : How would these do for lowering my 96 gt

Pitviper1996
04-03-2007, 11:58 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOKICO-HP-SPRINGS-SHOCKS-SET-94-04-FORD-MUSTANG_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33590QQitemZ260 102145246QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

bobtsgt
04-04-2007, 08:22 AM
I've never seen those before. Plus they don't look like they can mount on a SN95 platform. $400 bucks buys you a good set of struts and shocks but that non-adjustable coilover looks different. I wouldn't go that route if it were me. Ask around on the other modular forums and see what they say.

Black Hole
04-04-2007, 08:49 AM
What's the point of an aftermarket non-adjustable coilover????

I'd stick to a traditional spring/shock combo or a well-known brand of coil-overs if you want to go that route.

Black92LX
04-04-2007, 11:41 AM
those aren't coilovers.

they are just pictured to look like that.

Here is what someone on moddedmustangs says abou them.

you got a lot of options out there;
here is what i used: Tokico Advanced Handling Package

#HPK237
-Tokico HP Struts
-Tokico HP Shocks
-Tokico 1.5" sport lowering springs

I used mine as a daily driver and it is not that bad, maybe on the highway speedbumps we have around here, but no scrapage on real speed bumps. Just keep in mind that any lowering over 1.4" is gonna require the use of caster/camber plates to obtain a proper alignment. I recommend getting the MM 4-bolt cc plates regardless of drop anytime you are gonna remove the struts anyways, just for the adjustablity you wouldn't believe what a little lowering and cc adjustments will do for you on the corners, add a rear swaybar to the mix and you can banging out some corners or autoX. Also be aware that there are differant spring ratings and some are matched for differant struts/shocks so not picking the right mix of parts is also key in the ride comfort.

this is what i have my c/c and toe set at:
Toe In: 1/16"
Camber: -1°
Caster: +2.6°

bobtsgt
04-04-2007, 11:56 AM
http://www.hitachi-hap-la.com/TokicoGasShocks/app/10a.html
according to this it says its for 99-04 but it should still fit with no problem. and it is a seperate coil and strut which makes a lot more sense. stupid stock pictures screw people up

Daddy2000gt
04-29-2007, 09:02 AM
I have a friend who uses these and they are actually pretty good. Increased handling a great deal but the launches at the drag strip lost almost 3 tenths in the 60'. Ride was pretty nice for the drop.