PDA

View Full Version : Stangbangerz.com

Silver Bullet
04-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Well it's been a number of years since I have been on the board. It seems it hasn't changed much at all.

I had a question about a distibutor issue and Rob from Rigid chimed in.... took time out of his schedule and help me out with some information the B.S.'ed for a while about cars. This brought up some memories, as this is how I met one of my best friends, Vinny. This just goes to show you what a good can come of certain things and what a good group of people hang out on here.
People who have nothing to gain from eachother, just wanting to help a fellow car lover out and offer advice, parts, or just swapping stories. I think Vinny would be proud and this is the exact reason that he created this board.

Terry

NA/NOTCH
04-05-2007, 02:25 PM
:sbowns:

Mista Bone
04-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Welcome back Terry.....

I was going thru old vids last night and came across yours.......

Holly
04-05-2007, 02:29 PM
I think Vinny would be proud and this is the exact reason that he created this board.

Terry

Amen. :angel:

Which brings me to another subject I was just getting ready to post about.

We are working on re-writing the front page of SBZ. It's going to be more of a tribute to Vinny and what he accomplished with the site, but mainly his car.

April Bryant is working on the article, but so far, she is just going by what I have told her. I need input from people that have helped Vinny with his car somewhere along the way. Such as you Terry, you sold him the supercharger, which started this whole madness with his plain black 1990 GT he purchased in 1999 (nka Twisted Twins). ;)

If you have anything to share/add, please post it in this section and we'll use what we think is important and relevant to the article.

Platedturbo (Chris) was over at the house one Saturday in January helping Vinny ALL DAY long. With what? I'm not sure. :lol: But that's the kind of stuff we want to hear about.

Bo - you did the gorgeous paint job on it.

I know the Dedpedals have some stories of his first racing days. Remember his shoelace getting caught on the brake or accelerator (I can't remember which one) in Bowling Green? What about the night Kevin came over to help Vinny get ready for a race (Reading I believe). He poked a hole in the oil pan that night before they got it loaded.

Don't be shy, tell us how you helped Vinny and his car get to where it is today.

Silver Bullet
04-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Welcome back Terry.....

I was going thru old vids last night and came across yours.......

If you have it still, send it my way, as I have none. Thanks

Terry

terryeshman@yahoo.com

Silver Bullet
04-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Amen. :angel:

Such as you Terry, you sold him the supercharger, which started this whole madness with his plain black 1990 GT he purchased in 1999 (nka Twisted Twins). ;)

Don't be shy, tell us how you helped Vinny and his car get to where it is today.

Stories, well I have plenty...

Like when I took my car out with the new blower, Vinny was riding shotgun, watching the PMS and the boost screen....
2cd gear pull up rapid run.... blue lights behind us, The officer yelled at me for five minutes in the car, then pulled me out and yelled at me for another 5 minutes..... Vinny said I was only doing 20... that is 20lbs of boost!:lol: LOL

Cruising up to Middletucky to play with the locals....

The good ole days, it doesnt get any better than that!:)

Black Hole
04-05-2007, 05:00 PM
I remember rolling out to one of those CSR cruise ins up at Dave & Busters a few years back......we all met up at Crackers old house off of Colerain and jumped on I-275. I'm rollin in my slow ass black 2000 GT and what do I see developing front of me after a couple of miles on the highway? Terry in Silver Bullet, Craig and Paul in BABB, and Vinny back when the car had the old S-trim on it lining up 3 wide and slowing down to 45 mph just after the Hamilton exit. I'm behind those guys in the middle lane behind Craig and I look over to my left and see some minivan all up on Terry's ass. He's cursin and hollarin for a minute before he figures out what was happening.

All of a sudden all 3 cars take off (I did everything I could to keep up, but I had no chance.) with black smoke engulfing my car....I see only tail lights and then one by one "shift light", "shift light", "shift light". Once I got up to 100 or so, I got out of it and I was still a few hundred yards behind those guys who had let out WAYYY before I did. We proceeded to D&B, hungout, got bored and went inside where we had a few Bud Light's while playin some video golf. :bigthumb

....those were the days.....:(

Jeff88coupe
04-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Man...I have so many memorys/stories about vinny that they all seem to run together. But here are a few that stick out
-Vinny's infamous oil pan smashing led him to borrow Raceme's(Tim Hixon) GT to run at NMRA's reading,PA race in Open Comp since he was trying to stay in the top 10 in points for the year. About a month later I also "pulled a Vinny" by doing basically the same thing to my oil pan on my 347. But..back to the story. We left for Reading on a Thursday night after work...basically drove all night so we could be at the track early Friday so Vinny could get a few runs in Tim's car during the T&T on friday. Was basically the normal race weekend...not much sleep...too much drinking. I think Vinny managed to go a round or 2 on sunday. We stayed and watched the finals since Timmado was in the F/S final. We didn't leave the track till ~7-8pm....we were ok driving for a few hours...but then we both just hit the too tired to drive wall. We just pulled over on a semi-truck pulloff area right next to the turnpike....managed to sleep for a hour or 2 with semi's flying past us. We managed to make it home ok...but I think I slept for 12+ hours once I got home.
-Another race trip story....this time we where going to the NMRA opener race in Bradenton, FL. Vinny,Kevin, and I were going down in Vinny's truck pulling Tim Hixson's GT for Kevin to run in O/C (see a pattern here?). Well the night before we were to leave for FL was Vinny and Craig's birthday party...aka get hammered night. Vinny was suppost to be at Kevin's house at 7am...think he finally got there about 8:30am....and I think he was still drunk. Then we had to get Tim's car loaded on Vinny's snow/sleet covered trailer....what a joy that was. We finally got on the road about 9:30....Vinny crashed out in the back seat while I drove 90% of the way down. We got to the hotel about 11ish that night an got checked into the room. Vinny had some bleach blonde rubber band thing going on with his gotee. Kevin got kidnapped out of the room by Amy and her Mom. Don't remember to much from the actual race except for some snowmobile motor powered golf cart doing wheelies and burnouts in the pits. The usual to much parting took place...think Kevin lost first round. We again left late on sunday from the track...trying to beat an approching T-Storm. We go somewhere into southern GA when I just couldn't drive anymore....so I pulled off an exit with a cheap no tell motel that Habib behind the counter only wanted $35 for the night for a room with 3 beds in it. We all crashed in the room...I think my bed had been used by a elephant for the last year..the whole middle of the bed had no support..but I was so tired I didn't care. We made it home the next day without any issues.
-Yet another race trip story. He and Jason followed Kevin,Timmado,Ian, and I out to the NMRA Atco race in Atco,NJ. Uneventfull trip there and back...but the race is what I remember most. Once Vinny got his car unloaded and teched he made a few T&T passes on friday night. This is when he noticed his car had a charging/battery issue. So thankfully I had brought my generator/battery charger/booster pack with me. We managed to limp vinny's car threw qualifying and eliminations by charging the battery bettween rounds and me helping him in the staging lanes by jumping the car with the booster pack. Come to find out that the alternator had crapped out for the most part...but Vinny didn't have the $100 to buy a new one in NJ..and Kevin had a good one at home for him. Vinny even managed to go a few rounds on sunday. Also at that race a good friend of all of ours (GTLuke) won the burnout contest...shearing off all 4 passanger side rear wheel studs in the process. By the way....Jersey still sucks.

That's all for now...I'll try to think of some more to put down in words.

RACEME
04-06-2007, 05:57 AM
wow, I have alot of Vinny stories, but I guess we are on the racing theme here. Back when he was running Open Comp at the georgia race. We all camped at Bruce Vierling's sister's house for this race. I remember showing up late Friday evening to meet most of the dedpedal crew around a camp fire. Vinny was a little stressed that he did not pass the tech inspection that day. He did not have long studs on his front rotors, and they would not let him race with his draglite wheels on the front. I laughed as Edgewater had booted me for the same problem a few weeks earlier, and I had the fix with me. I had taken some std studs and cut the last inch off of them to screw in the lug nuts from the outside to look like the studs were longer. I still happened to have them in my racing tool box, and was happy to donate them to the cause. It was not the safest thing in the world, but we went racing and had great fun anyway.

Silver Bullet
04-06-2007, 11:05 AM
Tim, was it just the pieces of the studs that was left over screwed into his lug nut for the "optical" effect? LOL:lol:

This is funny, I can remember driving Tim's black GT a couple of times..... Is there anybody who hasn't? Funny stuff...:)

RACEME
04-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Tim, was it just the pieces of the studs that was left over screwed into his lug nut for the "optical" effect? LOL:lol:

This is funny, I can remember driving Tim's black GT a couple of times..... Is there anybody who hasn't? Funny stuff...:)

Yup we just screwed them in from the outside with a little silicone to keep them from vibrating out. They "looked" like long studs....

Yeah, my (mineral grey now) car has helped a few people........

Mista Bone
04-06-2007, 02:56 PM
If you have it still, send it my way, as I have none. Thanks

Terry

terryeshman@yahoo.com

terrys02 vid headed your way....... 1.61MB

dated 3-28-2002, dunno if that is the actual date though.

Silver Bullet
04-06-2007, 04:21 PM
terrys02 vid headed your way....... 1.61MB

dated 3-28-2002, dunno if that is the actual date though.

Got it... Thanks a million, I have none. If you come across NE more, please send them my way.

Couldn't tell what it ran though..:confused:

Terry

Mista Bone
04-06-2007, 05:04 PM
sounds like 10.88 @ 131, I remember you having clutch issues......you SMOKED IT!