PDA

View Full Version : Sick of being at the mercy of huge corporations!

BigBadStang
04-06-2007, 01:20 PM
when i left my old job at coke, i obviously lost my medical insurance, but i had the wifes insurance too. well about a month later, i had to have a $2000 MRI and some other things to go along with it. aetna (wifes ins), isnt paying and wants documentation to show when my insurance stopped. i have sent this to them way back in august, and evidently they lost it or some shit. 2 weeks ago i called UHC (my old ins), and aked them to fax the paper to aetna. the guy i talked to said they would, but it would take 48-96 hours...wtf! 2-4 days to fax a fukking paper!! anyhow...they finally faxed the damn thing. i called aetna and they confirmed that the fax came through. today i get a paper in the mail from aetna stating that they are still denying the claim and i need to send in documentation of past insurance cancellation date!! goddamnit...this is what i just gave them!! so i call and find out that UHC has the dates wrong. so i call UHC and sure enough, either them or coke has my date of termination off by a year. so after an hour on the phone with UHC, now i get to call and fight with HR at coke to get this shit straight. it takes all day to get HR to call you back when you work there...i can only imagine how many days it will take for them to call me since i quit!
here is the kick in the balls...
now i have to pay for this shit out of my pocket to keep these charges from getting put on my credit report, and so i can continue to see my Doc!
this is going to be about 2900 bucks out of pocket, just because these dickheads cant get data entered in correctly!!:mad: :mad:
UHC ought to have to pay me interest on the $2900 until aetna pays me back! but i am sure i would get laughed at for trying to get it.
assholes.

thanks for letting me vent.

ibstrokin
04-06-2007, 05:01 PM
I would be careful about writig that check. My bet is that once that bill is paid, your insurance provider won't reimburse you.

Timido
04-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Yup I wouldnt write that check either. Insurance companys suck.

BigBadStang
04-06-2007, 05:09 PM
same thing i was thinking...
it just sucks to have stupid stuff put on your credit, when technically it's not your fault, even though you sign and say you are responsible. :mad:

Timido
04-06-2007, 05:19 PM
I would still wait it out. And push the insurance companys to pay it.

Gene
04-06-2007, 05:24 PM
I would still wait it out. And push the insurance companys to pay it.

I agree. I'm still fighting with my insurance company for $3000 for an eye surgery I had last summer. Once they pay, then you can send the docs to the credit reporting companies and get the blemish removed. If you pay the money, you'll never see it again.

dedpedal
04-06-2007, 05:59 PM
I hate being at the mercy of any fucking company. "Might makes right" mentality is gonna go out the fuggin window when some little guy gets shit on one too many times and walks into an office and starts shooting people randomly. Its happened before and people said"What would lead him (or her) to do that." Mabbe those same people are starting to get the message that all the corperate right in the world wont stop a bullet fired by a person whos been pushed over the edge.

Good luck with getting it straightened out. If the doctors office threatens to turn it in on your credit, turn the tables and threaten them with malpractice.