PDA

View Full Version : How Many Of You..

Ryan218
04-06-2007, 07:54 PM
How many of you have thought you got a good deal and find out you got even a better deal?..here i was buying a 91 SC not knowing to much about the car....and i thought i was getting a car that i was going to really have to baby after hearing all of the head gaskets problems these cars have :rolleyes: anyway...

today i did some digging on my supercoupes history and got ahold of the original owners phone number. I figured it was a long shot but called the number and to my surprise a older gentleman answered. I asked if he used to own a 1991 Thunder bird Super Coupe...and to my surprise he said yes :D i gave him the vin and he checked it against his record and said yes that's it and asked how the car was doing. I asked him a couple of question about the car and found out some good news..well to me anyways... In 2001 the head gaskets were replaced due to blowing them...but he just didn't replace the head gaskets..the whole motor came out and was completely rebuilt with ..bearings, rings, ARP studs...and then the best part....the heads were resurfaced and the ports were cleaned up and gasket matched...supercharger was untouched along with the intake, TB ect and bolted back together.....after a little bit of driving the car was dynoed......

209RWHP and 296RWTQ was what i put down...right now im pretty stocked as i got a starting point as to what i have.. he said he will make copies of all the files he has and send them to me :D

Thanks for listening...id like to hear your stories of things like this or great deals you have got in the past. :)

Sorry its not a mustang i was just pretty happy about this... ;)

for the $1,000 i paid for this i thing i got a pretty good deal :)

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w44/91sc/SCnewradio-6.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w44/91sc/SCnewradio-7.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w44/91sc/SCnewradio-8.jpg

dedpedal
04-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Thats pretty cool Ryan. SOMETIMES you get a good deal. A friend bought a stang for 100 bucks and after buying it, we find that it has some aftermarket parts such as a shifter. pulleys, longtubes and a Cobra intake. Im wondering about those ARP bolts holding the heads down now....
Congrats!

Stangman
04-06-2007, 08:46 PM
not too shabby there guy :bigthumb... and is that a mustang II i see under a cover in the first picture????

Ryan218
04-06-2007, 08:47 PM
not too shabby there guy :bigthumb... and is that a mustang II i see under a cover in the first picture????

yeah...76 Cobra II

Stangman
04-06-2007, 08:49 PM
niiiiiice :bigthumb

wheres the pics of that one???

kennebellcobra
04-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Sounds like you got a heck of a deal. My mom drove one for years and they are neat cars:bigthumb

Ryan218
04-06-2007, 09:18 PM
niiiiiice :bigthumb

wheres the pics of that one???

trust me...you dont want a see a picture :lol: just a cobra II fastback with custom paint and a broken 2.8L v6 and 4 speed...was going to be my first car :cool2: but needs way more then i can afford right now... its in need of a dull restoration right now... dads thinking od selling it but i dought it will happen...he loves that car more then me...

Stangman
04-06-2007, 11:04 PM
Heck yeah i wanna see pics of that car!! lol!! I love mustang II's, Id take as many as i could get my hands on if i had the space and the cash!!!

Ryan218
04-06-2007, 11:47 PM
ill scan a picture saturday of it after it was restored in 83...then a picture of how it sits now...

BigBadStang
04-07-2007, 04:31 PM
Heck yeah i wanna see pics of that car!! lol!! I love mustang II's, Id take as many as i could get my hands on if i had the space and the cash!!!

i had a 78 coupe that i was building for a bigblock. i had tubbed it with narrowed 9" C/L 15x15 & 15x4 convo pros and 12 point cage and all that stuff. got it to the rolling stage, but unfortunately had to sell it about 4 years ago. i owned that car for 17 years. :(

bestracing
04-07-2007, 06:09 PM
I bought an $800 car running that had $1100 worth of aftermarket parts on it that I could see and the trans had a shift kit installed into it also. It was a good deal but nothing like the one you got.

BigBadStang
04-07-2007, 06:34 PM
i paid a guy 200 bucks (1/2 of the agreed price) to hold a 1969 460 for me until the next weekend so i could bet a truck to haul it home. when i went back, joe was gone and his brother was at the shop. i started to hook the chain to the engine and joes bro said "thats the wrong one, yours is over there." he goes and gets it and rolls it over by the doors. i looked at it, it was complete from carb to oil pan and i really had to hold back a huge grin!!
we loaded this 429CJ...not the 460...oh yeah!! i knew as soon as i looked at the casting numbers on the ALUMINUM intake it was a CJ. we were finishing strapping it down and dude says "your tranny's are over here."
wtf...ok i'm game!
he leads me over to 2 c-6's!
one a basket case angle bell, and the other is a square bell complete with an "R" servo! so we quickly loaded these up and before we could get the tailgate closed he said " i'm late for an appointment boys and i got to split!" he closed up the shop and bolted! he didnt even ask for the other 200 bucks i owed joe!
needless to say we split too. i was waiting for joe to call me, but he never did!! i still have this stuff, and maybe one day i'll find a good use for it, but damn what a deal that was!

Stangman
04-07-2007, 07:13 PM
so you have a 429 CJ??????? thats completely AWESOME

'92Stang
04-07-2007, 07:18 PM
i paid a guy 200 bucks (1/2 of the agreed price) to hold a 1969 460 for me until the next weekend so i could bet a truck to haul it home. when i went back, joe was gone and his brother was at the shop. i started to hook the chain to the engine and joes bro said "thats the wrong one, yours is over there." he goes and gets it and rolls it over by the doors. i looked at it, it was complete from carb to oil pan and i really had to hold back a huge grin!!
we loaded this 429CJ...not the 460...oh yeah!! i knew as soon as i looked at the casting numbers on the ALUMINUM intake it was a CJ. we were finishing strapping it down and dude says "your tranny's are over here."
wtf...ok i'm game!
he leads me over to 2 c-6's!
one a basket case angle bell, and the other is a square bell complete with an "R" servo! so we quickly loaded these up and before we could get the tailgate closed he said " i'm late for an appointment boys and i got to split!" he closed up the shop and bolted! he didnt even ask for the other 200 bucks i owed joe!
needless to say we split too. i was waiting for joe to call me, but he never did!! i still have this stuff, and maybe one day i'll find a good use for it, but damn what a deal that was!

Damn, Poor Joe:rolleyes:

Ryan218
04-07-2007, 09:37 PM
here is a pic of the cobra....rear what is under the pic please.
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w44/91sc/SCnewradio-9.jpg

ok seirious question...i want to ask you guys becasue you guys have been alond cars longer then i have...

I love my supercoupe and all but every time out 5.0 gets started and hear it run i become sad :( ever since i was 11 i wanted a 5.0 hatch...never got that as most of you know :rolleyes: lol

now this is my question....what do you think would be a better idea...

do you think it would be a good investment to repaint the supercoupe the factory color(re-sale red lol), finish polishing the wheel.. (yeah im still not done) and replace what needs replaced and keep the car the way it is performance wise..

209rwhp and 296rwtq are the number it put down in 04 before it was parked and just started regularly till i bought it

now i paid $1,000 for it and have put about 400 in it so far...

and i still need to fix the heat and a/c but wiring owns me :(

do you guys think that i get the car all put back to the way it should be that i would make a profit for it when i sell it?

as much as i like my SC...call me soft...i miss my 83 glx.... yeah the supercoupe has the power...but it dont turn heads like my shit brown stang did lol maybe turned the wrong heads.

but whats your opinion?

:thanks:

bobtsgt
04-07-2007, 10:12 PM
nice find

ponyboystroker
04-07-2007, 11:29 PM
here is a pic of the cobra....rear what is under the pic please.
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w44/91sc/SCnewradio-9.jpg

ok seirious question...i want to ask you guys becasue you guys have been alond cars longer then i have...

I love my supercoupe and all but every time out 5.0 gets started and hear it run i become sad :( ever since i was 11 i wanted a 5.0 hatch...never got that as most of you know :rolleyes: lol

now this is my question....what do you think would be a better idea...

do you think it would be a good investment to repaint the supercoupe the factory color(re-sale red lol), finish polishing the wheel.. (yeah im still not done) and replace what needs replaced and keep the car the way it is performance wise..

209rwhp and 296rwtq are the number it put down in 04 before it was parked and just started regularly till i bought it

now i paid $1,000 for it and have put about 400 in it so far...

and i still need to fix the heat and a/c but wiring owns me :(

do you guys think that i get the car all put back to the way it should be that i would make a profit for it when i sell it?

as much as i like my SC...call me soft...i miss my 83 glx.... yeah the supercoupe has the power...but it dont turn heads like my shit brown stang did lol maybe turned the wrong heads.

but whats your opinion?

:thanks:

honestly I don't think you would make a big profit. If you have 1400 in it now how much do you think it would be worth with a new paint job? Even think about how much labor you put in, because to me my labor has a value, such as my sanity. LOL! You also have to remember that a hatchback 5.0 and the s/c are both old cars, and you have one that has a rebuilt engine.

I think the supercoupe is cool because it doesn't really look that fast, especially to people who don't know about it, so it's kinda of a cool sleeper. you should be able to beat up on a lot of rice with it and dare I say maybe some stock 5.0s, if those still exist.

If your life dream has been to get a hatchback 5.0 you should do that.

Ryan218
04-07-2007, 11:38 PM
honestly I don't think you would make a big profit. If you have 1400 in it now how much do you think it would be worth with a new paint job? Even think about how much labor you put in, because to me my labor has a value, such as my sanity. LOL! You also have to remember that a hatchback 5.0 and the s/c are both old cars, and you have one that has a rebuilt engine.

I think the supercoupe is cool because it doesn't really look that fast, especially to people who don't know about it, so it's kinda of a cool sleeper. you should be able to beat up on a lot of rice with it and dare I say maybe some stock 5.0s, if those still exist.

If your life dream has been to get a hatchback 5.0 you should do that.

yeah...my dad is the pain in my life long dream lol so i gotta wait till i show him im responsable so he says.....

and yeah painting it would cost me around 500 bucks...we have tons of sand paper...pretty much the only thing i would have to buy is the paint...my dad and his buddies have a gallon of clear left..ton on primer tons of bondo... and to me...body work is fun..well not the sanding...but after the paint starts to go on then its cool.. :)

the rebuilt engine to me is a plus :)...now i can beat on it harder.

ponyboystroker
04-08-2007, 12:22 AM
yeah...my dad is the pain in my life long dream lol so i gotta wait till i show him im responsable so he says.....

and yeah painting it would cost me around 500 bucks...we have tons of sand paper...pretty much the only thing i would have to buy is the paint...my dad and his buddies have a gallon of clear left..ton on primer tons of bondo... and to me...body work is fun..well not the sanding...but after the paint starts to go on then its cool.. :)

the rebuilt engine to me is a plus :)...now i can beat on it harder.

so why is your dad so against you getting a 5.0?

PaulFiveOh
04-08-2007, 12:30 AM
Check Out: http://supercoupeperformance.com//Default.aspx

Right here in Milford, Bill Evanoff (sp) is the owner, great dude, I probbally spent $500 bucks with him in the last week.

PaulFiveOh
04-08-2007, 12:37 AM
Back to the point of your topic:

I bought a '91 Ford Explorer for $250. I simply handed him 250 cash, he signed the title to me and I drove it home. I changed the fluids and it ran for another 3500 miles with out a hitch untill I sold it for $550.

But.... While cleaning the car out, I found a small baggie of cocaine and a mag for a 9mm along with other drug related paraphernalia such as home made smoking pipes. So.... lol, not sure exactly why he sold it to me so cheap but.... I never got pulled over in it nor did the next buyer.... haha any ways, just thought I'd share

Ryan218
04-08-2007, 12:34 PM
so why is your dad so against you getting a 5.0?

idk....my guess is the power and how easy it is to make them faster.

Ryan218
04-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Check Out: http://supercoupeperformance.com//Default.aspx

Right here in Milford, Bill Evanoff (sp) is the owner, great dude, I probbally spent $500 bucks with him in the last week.

yeah..i plan on getting a few things from there..