PDA

View Full Version : Ice Ice Baby...

PonymanfiveO
04-07-2007, 12:28 PM
Holy Shit, I was pissed this morning!

I literally got stuck in Ohio...It was terrible!

I got off work at 4:30am and I bust ass down 71 south. the highway is empty and dry all the way to downtown. At the top of the hill they had the highway shut down because of ice on the road. I jumped off at the exit by childrens hospital and proceded to get my ass lost in the ghetto.
I found my way down the hill by the 471 ramp by the Staples building and they had it shut down also. shit. So I start following "to newport" signs and end up down by the ball park. Hey look a bridge! fuck no that one was shut down too!
So I get lost AGAIN looking for 71 north. I ended up down by the Greyhound station and found it. The hill going back up 71 north was a nightmare! I was the only one on the road (they must have forgot to shut that ramp down) and it was a solid sheet of ice...Ive never been on ice that bad! It was unreal!
So I made it back up to Coke and got off Red Bank and took the back way down to by Lunken Airport and hit Kellog Ave. I get on the ramp to 275 and then...DENIED! they shut that fucking bridge down too! I was fucking livid...litterally trapped in Ohio. I allmost jumped into the river and tryed to swim. After a half an hour wait, they opened it up and it was the thickest ice Ive ever seen on that bridge, it was crazy!

It took me an hour and a half to get home...unreal.

anyone else get stuck out in this fieasco this morning?

331TwistedWedge
04-07-2007, 12:32 PM
this weather can, "hug my root" ... im sitting here watching power block, this is car-azy ... 80's in march and 20's in april ... global warming my ass ...

dedpedal
04-07-2007, 01:02 PM
I missed it while tucked snugly into a warm waterbed. And here I was thinking about Moontangs ringtone being gayer than two midgets on Brokeback Mountain.

Carl
04-07-2007, 05:24 PM
My brother-in-law is a Newport PO and totalled his cruiser on 471 last night and got taken to the hosp. He is still there unfortunately.

Silver Bullet
04-07-2007, 05:24 PM
I feel your pain, at 0240, I was dispatched for an auto accident on west bound I-275 at the 70/8mm. I responded there to find a Jeep in the middle of the expressway, after a Iced overpass, in the curve. I called for a immediate wrecker response, as it was creating a traffic hazard. Here comes the traffic around the bridge. As they tried to slow, cars started crashing into eachother left and right. I was trying to put flares out before the curve, but there was no way I could or would even think of getting out on the overpass, as I would have to jump off of it to aviod being crushed by a car. I had to call for another car to shut down the W.B. I-275 immediately. Right after that the same thing started on E-I275. It was a mess. Traffic stopped for about three to four hours!

PonymanfiveO
04-08-2007, 01:24 AM
I bet those were the reasons the expressways were shut down.

damn crazy weather.

Silver Bullet
04-08-2007, 03:00 PM
My brother-in-law is a Newport PO and totalled his cruiser on 471 last night and got taken to the hosp. He is still there unfortunately.

How is your brother-in-law doing?

Carl
04-09-2007, 12:54 AM
He was released from the hospital today and has to wear a neck brace for two weeks. From what I heard about the looks of his car, he was very lucky. The story I was told by family is he was responding to an accident on 471N and (not sure what exit) didn't even make it on to 471 and started spinning and slammed head-on into the wall. Continued spinning, finally came to a stop and was t-boned by a another car that could not stop or get around him, started spinning again then stopped.

Did you hear anything about it on the radio Silver Bullet??? Supposedly they said something about it on the news last night.

Silver Bullet
04-09-2007, 08:57 AM
Did you hear anything about it on the radio Silver Bullet??? Supposedly they said something about it on the news last night.

No, I'm in Ohio, so I didn't hear it.... I wish him a quick recovery.

PonymanfiveO
04-09-2007, 07:10 PM
No, I'm in Ohio, so I didn't hear it.... I wish him a quick recovery.

yeah man, let us know how he's doing!

DeckerEnt
04-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Hope he has a speedy recovery. That sucks being hit again and again. No control...
Keith

Holly
04-10-2007, 08:40 AM
I drove to Canton, Ohio Saturday in a blizzard (most of the way). No exaggeration, it was snowing SO hard the visibility was horrible, I was going about 50 mph on I-70 most of the way. I saw 5 wrecks (pulled over to the side of the road). Then it snowed pretty much the whole time I was up there, ground was covered Sunday morning, but it was all melted by the time I left Sunday afternoon.

Where the phuq is Spring?

mach_u
04-10-2007, 08:47 AM
:agree: I laid down grass seed yesterday and I am hoping it won't be ruined with the frost we had this morning! :rolleyes:

Holly
04-10-2007, 08:59 AM
I mowed yesterday! Second time I have mowed the grass since I lived there. That was always Vinny's job, and he hated every minute of it.

My friend Hoss came down and mowed it first (he had his mower raised up high because the grass was so high) and then I mowed it again. It looks decent now. Man, that's a workout, but I can handle it. ;) I asked some neighborhood hoodlum if he would mow it three weeks ago, he said sure, for $20. I haven't seen him since. Sorry about his luck now, I'll do it my damn self.

Silver Bullet
04-11-2007, 08:12 PM
:agree: I laid down grass seed yesterday and I am hoping it won't be ruined with the frost we had this morning! :rolleyes:

Actually it will help grass seed germinate. That is why you seed in the fall. Also some people put grass seed in the freezer for a day, before they sew it.;)

mach_u
04-11-2007, 11:02 PM
Actually it will help grass seed germinate. That is why you seed in the fall. Also some people put grass seed in the freezer for a day, before they sew it.;)
Sweet! Sounds like you know a bunch about grass? Anything you would suggest to make it grow faster? We might be putting our house on the market in a couple of weeks and I am trying to get it growing quicker. :cool1:

Silver Bullet
04-13-2007, 08:51 AM
Sweet! Sounds like you know a bunch about grass? Anything you would suggest to make it grow faster? We might be putting our house on the market in a couple of weeks and I am trying to get it growing quicker. :cool1:

I know a little bit. Just let it start for now. Do not fertilize it for a couple of months.... it is one or the other. When you cut it, don't cut it too short and each time you mow it, go a different direction. This will help. I just moved into my house, so this year I will be trying to get my yard under control also. I like the Scott's 4 step system. I still have yet to cut my (I need to though)LOL. Good luck on selling the house.

dedpedal
04-13-2007, 09:34 AM
I still want to concrete my property and paint it green.

Silver Bullet
04-13-2007, 10:10 AM
Kev, I could still see you out there on a riding mower, with a keyrock in hand, still mowing you "concrete pad"!lol

dedpedal
04-13-2007, 10:21 AM
Kev, I could still see you out there on a riding mower, with a keyrock in hand, still mowing you "concrete pad"!lol

Hell NO! Thats the reason behind the concrete. Id just have to hose it off after you park your oil dripping heap in the yard! lol

Silver Bullet
04-13-2007, 10:31 AM
Hell NO! Thats the reason behind the concrete. Id just have to hose it off after you park your oil dripping heap in the yard! lol

LOL Just figured you would be using it as a reason to consume some KeyRock!..... When you stopping by?

You can come on over this a.m., QuikLx and I out in the garage wiring the ole heap.

dedpedal
04-13-2007, 10:36 AM
LOL Just figured you would be using it as a reason to consume some KeyRock!..... When you stopping by?

You can come on over this a.m., QuikLx and I out in the garage wiring the ole heap.
I gotta work here in a few and since Ive been without transportation other than walking for over 2 months I dont get out much. Joe is coming over this way tommorow morning to sort out some wiring issues with Holly's coupe, if you have time, come on over.

mach_u
04-15-2007, 09:18 AM
I know a little bit. Just let it start for now. Do not fertilize it for a couple of months.... it is one or the other. When you cut it, don't cut it too short and each time you mow it, go a different direction. This will help. I just moved into my house, so this year I will be trying to get my yard under control also. I like the Scott's 4 step system. I still have yet to cut my (I need to though)LOL. Good luck on selling the house.
Thanks! I will try and do that. I have been looking into the 4-step system also. I think I am going to give it a shot. We were outbid on the house we were looking at so it looks like I will be here for another year. We'll see what happens! :bigthumb