PDA

View Full Version : Went fishing today....

Silver Bullet
04-07-2007, 07:46 PM
Well you ever wonder how the simplest of task can turn into a project in themselves? Today I was out messing around with the stang..... next thing you know.... oooppsss dropped a fitting. Guess where it went? You guessed it, the hardest place to get to. It fell down inbetween where all of the header tubes meet. No problem, I can get it.... well that is what I thought. The more I messed with it, the further back to the collector it went. I didn't want to have to pull the collector off, so I kept of fishing. It seemed to get in a tighter more akward position. So I jack the car up and proceed to take the collector off. Man those things are tight. So I get out my favorite tool, the BFH. If a hammer can't fix it, it can't be fixed. LOL:D Well I banged and clanged for a moment, trying not to scuff the Jet Hot Coating. Well that loosed up the fitting enough to work with it some more. After a bit of fishing some more, things finally started going my way. I was finally able to complete my task.... it was retrieved! All this from just checking out some sizing of the EGT tubes in my header. This seems to be a common thing for me. A simple task turns into a catasrophe. Well I guess it is time to quit for today... I just have that feeling, you know when things just aren't going to go your way. At least if nothing else, I did catch (1) fitting today. :rolleyes:

'92Stang
04-07-2007, 08:09 PM
Hows that go? One bad day of fishing, is better than one good day at work:D Congrats on your fitting retrieval, hope it wasn't catch, and release:cool1: , Mike

dedpedal
04-07-2007, 09:00 PM
As mine sits in pieces downstairs, I must think that the garage gremlins are starting to communicate with each other. I dropped more bolts today than are on the car, or so it seemed. At least my trusty magnet on a stick was there to save the day. I walked away and havent gone back. Ittl be there tommorow or the next day.

Silver Bullet
04-07-2007, 09:41 PM
Yeah Kevin, I had to walk away and go eat dinner, came back and things always seem to go a little smoother. Another thing... every way I moved, I seemed to crack my darn head on something. I got so frustrated with the "limited movement" I felt like getting up and throwing a couple of things!

Anger Management.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Yes a day of fishing is better than a day at work, but I still have to work tonight.:(

DeckerEnt
04-07-2007, 11:45 PM
Kev, we will get down to MD on Monday. Then work on yours for a while. Better??
Keith