PDA

View Full Version : Roll Control/ Line Lock / What ever you call it - A question

PaulFiveOh
04-08-2007, 12:53 AM
When purchasing a Roll Control, is it just a button, a few relays, and a solenoid? Or are there other mods that I would need to do to my fox before installing it.

Also, my main question is safety about these products. Are they safe for street rods (meaning if I were to accidently hit it on the high way, would my car do a front flip (lol)...etc.)

Thanks

mustang8998
04-08-2007, 09:36 AM
You will get the solenoid, button, along with some misc. wire and a light. You will need various fittings and line to install (or buy an installation kit).

It will not cause any problem, on the street. You have to put pressure on the brakes, then push the button, to hold them.

I have mine wired, through a switch, so it can be turned off. It isn't nessesary, but I did it more to protect the solenoid (from accidently holding the button), while driving.

bobtsgt
04-08-2007, 02:58 PM
thats a good idea Jeff. I was thinking about doing that too. Oldstang and I just put one on mine yesterday

PaulFiveOh
04-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Good deal. Can your provide a link to an install kit?

Also, does it require plumbing any of the hard lines?

RIXXX93GT
04-11-2007, 04:11 PM
You will need a few adaptor fittings I believe and if your doing it with the moter in the car....it sucks.

bobtsgt
04-11-2007, 04:13 PM
yes you have to interrupt the lines going to the front brakes some how. Does your have ABS?

quik lx
04-11-2007, 05:32 PM
search is your friend

http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29410&highlight=line

I bought a rocker switch with an LED light in one end that lets you know when it's on. I would'nt use the crap that they send with it (switch/light bulb). Also buy the install kit, I used everything but 2 fittings with no trips to the store!

92coupe
04-11-2007, 08:57 PM
I still have to plumb mine, Once i get the gremlins worked out on the new combo i'll get on it.

93cobra
04-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Good deal. Can your provide a link to an install kit?

Also, does it require plumbing any of the hard lines?

go see craig at cincy speed. i'd buy the hurst one.

line lock itself...@$110
install kit (lines, fittings etc..needed) @$23

i bought 2 from him in the past couple weeks. feel free to pm for pointers on quick install...i feel like an instal expert doing 2 last weekend.

they are bullet proof ....i've had the same one in a daily driver for over 7 years now with no problems.