PDA

View Full Version : Air Compressor

fst 5pto
04-09-2007, 09:43 AM
I'm looking to purchase an air compressor here soon... and I don't know a lot about them so not sure what I should go with.... main use will be for the car obviously so not sure how big of a tank or what motor to get... let me know what I should look for and what would best fit my needs. Like I said mainly for automotive and I don't want to spend over $300 if possible...

5.0calypso93lx
04-09-2007, 11:51 AM
Search noob:

http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28954

Jeff88coupe
04-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Look at Sears/Home Depot/Lowes...they seem to always have a 1.5-2hp/25-30Gal size compressor onsale for under $300..usually come with some air tools also. Harbor Freight is a good place to get air hose and fittings.

PonymanfiveO
04-09-2007, 07:07 PM
If there is one tool I can recommend to over spend on, its an air compressor.

Its too easy to out grow one. You'll get what you think is big enough for you, then a couple weeks later you plug in the die grinder or cut-off tool and your sitting around waiting for your compressor to catch up. Let me tell you there is nothing worse than having to take a break from a job to let your compressor catch up. I have a nice 30 gal. Craftsman compressor and Its good for most stuff, but It wont run a cut-off tool, die grinder or sander for very long. Travis and I just moved up to a used Campbell Housefield 80 gal. compressor and its the greatest thing we've ever purchased! We love it!
You can cut or sand all day long and that compressor will come on for about a minute once every five minutes or so. Its the best.

Dude buy the biggest compressor you can afford, even if you have to save up for a few weeks.

Good luck and let us know what you get!