PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump

Blowpastyou
04-10-2007, 07:22 PM
Alright, I got my motor back in the car and got everything hooked back up and turned the key to see if I had pressure. Nothing..... This is a brand new holley 255 intank that has never been drove on, but I have heard it kick on before now. The only thing ive done that should have anything to do with the fuel pump is take off the evap canister or charcoal canister located on the front passenger side of the engine bay. Im getting 8 volts in 2 locations back were you unplug the harness for the fuel tank. Ive also put a new fuel pump relay in. I checked the pump runs fine when you hardwire 12 volts too it. SOoo...... What gives? Ive never had this problem out of this car before.

93hulk
04-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Did you check your fuseable links? My brothers car had a simular problem and it had blown a fuseable link. I believe its a black wire with a orange stripe. Its located up by the seloniod switch.

Blowpastyou
04-11-2007, 07:39 AM
If you talking about the starter solenoid switch, than yes ive checked all the fusable links in that area. The only thing that I can think of is the computer. If the computer got the polarity reversted would it burn it up. A while ago my dad was charging the battery so I could roll the window down. I caught it almost immediatly but he had the positive on the ground and the ground on the positive. would that burn up the computer?

RACEME
04-11-2007, 07:50 AM
You did check the cut off switch in the hatch? They are supposed to flip when a crash happens, but they seem to have a mind of thier own sometimes.

dedpedal
04-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Swap out the computer.Mine did that a few years ago. Try to borrow one before buying a new one tho.

mrstang-gt-46
04-14-2007, 12:11 PM
inersha switch in trunk behind panel forget which side

Blowpastyou
04-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Got R' Fixed you can delete this.

Black Horse
04-15-2007, 07:41 PM
What did you find?

Blowpastyou
04-15-2007, 08:11 PM
im a retard! the relay pigtail had a wire that was only hanging on by 1 strand of the wire. and it was burnt up. I was moving it around and the wire came out. i hardwired it and its good now.