PDA

View Full Version : How I will remember wed 4/11/07

dedpedal
04-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Well, things were going well today till my second appointment. This morning the boss told me to collect payment before doing the work on this particular job. That in itself turned on the little lightbulb in my head. I shoulda known it was going to be a complete fiasco. I arrived on the site and asked for the owner/manager. He took his sweet time getting to me. I had to wait for 20 minutes. He came out of the back room and asked why the window wasnt tinted. I told him that I was instructed to get payment ahead of time. He blew up and told me to get out , that he would have someone else do it. Personaly, I try to be professional in all matters related to work and expect others to be as well. Thia douchebag has stood us up 4 times. I hope his bar/lounge burns to the ground with him tied to the bigscreen tv.
On to bigger and better things. I head to my next appointment. This one is a house. No big deal on paper. I forgot that this is spring break for alot of kids. This house looked like a tornado went through it. This is from 3 girls who appeared to be 5-7 years old. I went to work on a window behind the dinning room table. About half way through the window, I realized that I needed to vent some gas due to the spicy food and draught beer last night. No biggie, I figured that I could let it off a little at a time and nobody would notice. Somewhere along the line, I failed to keep noticee of my surroundings and got startled by a young voice that announced quite loudly "YOU FART JUST LIKE MOMMY!" OMG! I dont know who was more embarrassed, me or her. I apologised quickly saying that it just slipped out (yea, you know me, NOTHING just slips out back there) and continued my work. About an hour after this little scene, Im in the next room and theres all three little girls sitting on the couch asking each other to "Pull my Finger". The room litteraly reeked. Thank god the mother came in and saw them before she took a breath and blamed it all on me. Yea, I had to add my own to the recipe. Sometimes I hate my job, but most of the time, I love it.
So how was your day?

FlatlineCowboy
04-11-2007, 05:14 PM
Well I'm doing water disconnects in Middletown.. how do you think it's going.. lol

I hate being in other people's homes and having to use the restroom, especially if the place is a disaster. I feel bad for a lot of the people that live in the filth I have seen in the past few years.

but my job has it's perks also.

R825OH
04-11-2007, 05:19 PM
Not as good as yours

Black Hole
04-11-2007, 08:00 PM
5 meetings in 8 hours is not fun. :(

PaulFiveOh
04-11-2007, 08:08 PM
I just got about 15 dime size dents in my roof and hood from effen hail storm in mason.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

DeckerEnt
04-11-2007, 08:11 PM
I had 3 carpet cleaning jobs today. My first one turned out to be larger than I had time for so I called my 2nd job. She understood and said take your time. Well, I get to my 2nd job and wouldn't you know, it is larger than I had time for also. So I call job #3. She says no problem. So I am an hour and a half late for my last job which was supposed to start at 4:00. It is now 8:00 and I am finally at the shop. I am bushed.
Keith

Ranger50
04-11-2007, 08:17 PM
My day involved raking up grass clippings for 4 hours before the rain came. The ONLY reason I would even tempt such a stupidly hearted fate was the grass hadn't been cut at all this year. And generally the yard looked like poop after being cut yesterday.

B

92coupe
04-11-2007, 09:05 PM
I spent last night and today at one funeral in carmel ind, Tomorrow i'm driving up to fowler ind for another funeral.

winner70ta
04-12-2007, 08:36 AM
Had spent the day home with the flu....the dizziness and upset stomach kind :barf: Wife had an appointment with a surgeon about possibly having another surgery for bladder suspension. Thankfully she was not bad off enough and avoided having to go through that mess again.

BigBadStang
04-12-2007, 11:25 AM
got called in at 1am to go to chicago...after a load delay up there, i was pressed to get back within the 14 hour rule. clock out at 3pm. go home, and all is well other than being dog-ass tired.lay down to sleep, and after a few hours, the neighbor kids start ringing the damn doorbell... and wont stop! so i get up and tell them to stop, and my kids arent here, they are in columbus @ gramma's house for the week. back to bed and about 1/2 hour later the door bell goes off again. this time it is another group of kids wanting my son (i love spring break). once again i explain where my kids are. aggravated, i decide to just chill out for a few before trying to go back to sleep. start watching some tv, and then jericho comes on, and i am really into that show, so i just have to watch it! now its a little after 9pm and i go back to bed. roll around....roll around....get pissed off that i cant sleep...damn! 11pm the phone rings, and it is "the parcel" calling me back in @1am to go to charleston wv...that was a tough ride...even after the daybreak, i was zoning...home now, thank god...checkin the web and then i'm going downstairs to die...

Mista Bone
04-12-2007, 03:48 PM
what route to chucktown?

dedpedal
04-12-2007, 04:29 PM
DAYUM! And I just thought my day was funny. Glad Im not in any of yall's shoes!

BigBadStang
04-13-2007, 02:04 PM
what route to chucktown?

usually go (from sharonville) 275E to 32E.
32E to 23S (watchin out fer them pesky deer...lol).
23S to 64E
64E to MacCorkle ave.

:)

Mista Bone
04-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Depending on what your driving....doubles I assume.

32E, 35S, hop the river then stay on 35 or catch 34 to get to 64 quicker.

Always cops on 35S, more than on 32. My first trip to VA I went thru Portsmouth on US 23, 4:30 am and hit every freaking light, but that was a while ago.

BigBadStang
04-13-2007, 02:47 PM
yeah...pulling doubles. that is the route they want us to take. i figured there could be a quicker way, but they allow us a set travel time based on the route, and i get paid by the hour. but thanks for the tip. if there is ever a traffic problem i can get there w/o getting lost...lol! sometimes you do hit every flippin light in the thriving metropolis of portsmouth...:) you see some really strange people out @ 2-3 am going through the hood there...lotsa hookers when it is warm out...lol...they must not be hardcore, you hardly see them when its cold outside!

Ranger50
04-13-2007, 02:51 PM
Damn...I just get on US119 and in 1:15-ish, I'm there. :D

Anyway into or out of WV, sucks.

BigBadStang
04-13-2007, 02:59 PM
you must be waaay out there!
we are allotted 3hrs. and 48min.
depending on if you get a nice brown truck that will actually pull a hill, or a nice brown turd that wont get out of its own way is the main factor in making the time window.

Ranger50
04-13-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm south of Charleston...

You must be going to the hub there in the industrial park by the stamping plant and Krispy Kreme......

Also if worse comes to worse, you can take MacCorkle back out all the way to Huntington and hit either 23 or backtrack onto 64.....

BigBadStang
04-13-2007, 03:10 PM
you are exactly right! it always smells sooo good going by KK early in the morning! sometimes i have to go to the centers in wheeling(next to value city), and the one outside huntington (right on the river).