PDA

View Full Version : The most brutal beatdown in Tecmo Bowl history!

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-12-2007, 01:26 PM
All hail the ultimate Tecmo Bowl beatdown... Chicago-70, San Fransisco-0. It was interception after interception, and any possession that didn't end in an interception ended with a punt kick :rockon:

Paul408Notch
04-12-2007, 03:13 PM
haha... I've done that exact same thing, but I cheat and use the save/resume feature on my emulator. Chicago is my team too. :D

thejock60
04-13-2007, 02:04 AM
what was the quarter lengths? I play madden on 5 minute qtrs. best i've down is 156-0 using my mexican fire team:D formerly the Eagles. (no McNabb) i can't manage to sit thru a longer game then 5 minute qtrs. Best head to head game i've ever played was in a tourney here at Bestway for a 360 it was Ncaa 2007 my team was Vtech vs West Va. 28-28 at halftime started the half with a onside kick and recovered. He had the ball maybe 3 times in the second half and threw 2 INTs :D I slaughtered him 63-28

It's been ages since i played SNES but i remember the game was tough to score at times good job:bigthumb

bobtsgt
04-13-2007, 08:09 AM
damn boy. I managed to do 62-0 yesterday. Once again all points due to Barry Sanders of Detroit baby. woo hoo

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-13-2007, 09:03 AM
It's so easy since there's only 4 possible plays. The key is trying to predict what the other team is going to do (duh) and watch for the pass. The computer always snaps with the same 3 guys running out on a pass....when the snap is about to go and you can select what guy you wanna play with, take a guy close to the center of the action and try to catch the reciever he's gonna throw to (sounds like common sense huh?) and intercept it every time. There's an X on the ground where you need to be to intercept...get to that spot and it's yours.

Then on the plays, alternate between pass and run pass and run, and don't ever do the same "run" play 2 times in a row of you'll get it. Sometimes you can sack their QB enough times after a kick off that he'll get pushed back to your goal, and then if you can intercept then you're right there for a TD.

That's the only game i've ever played with a shut out though....they usually always score at least once or get a field goal or something. They never made it past the 50yd line LOL.

bobtsgt
04-13-2007, 10:39 AM
I always just rush the QB unless I read a run play. I let my players do all the work :D I hate it when they run down and get that little 3 pointer. kinda makes you mad