PDA

View Full Version : clutch input

quik lx
04-15-2007, 11:55 AM
OK I have a SPEC stage II clutch(low miles), new cable, firewall adjuster, and quadrant. I've put 10 different clutches in in the past 5 years so why will this clutch only engage with the adjustment all the way loose? If I try to tension up the cable anywhere (with the firewall adjuster or the cable adjustment) the engagement point is up at the end of pedal travel. I can get the engagement point down to about 4 inches off the floor, but the pedal flops around for the first couple inches. And I like mine at about 2 inches off the floor. Now when I try to drive it I rev it too much and bark the tires (you know how spec's are) or stall it:( . Do i need a longer fork or what? Ive had this clutch in the wifes hatch last year and it did the same thing. Ive had ram, centerforce, and hays clutches in these cars in the past with no problems. When I took this clutch out of the hatch and put in a king cobra, the new clutch works perfect. The spec works perfect on 4000rpm launches with slicks and spray I just cant adjust it where I want it. Any input would be appreciated. :cool1:

Drivermod
04-15-2007, 05:43 PM
I would adjust it out to the top of the pedal and put a clutch stop behind it. Your shifts will be much quicker with the clutch adjusted up high. You'll get used to it.