PDA

View Full Version : What exhaust are running and do you like it?

1slow5.O
04-15-2007, 11:36 PM
New to the site so sorry if this is in the wrong forum,

Just got my first mustang a few days ago and love it. Always been a honda boy, but damn nothing beats the roar of a healthy V8. Any who im looking for an exhaust for mine, 92 foxbody, but i was kinda wondering what all you guys around here are runnning? and do you like it and the way it sounds? Im new to all this and dont really know what to get. I want something just a little louder than my stock setup. But nothing crazy loud.

Maximus
04-15-2007, 11:40 PM
We sell a SHEET Load of Flowmaster 40 series for Mustangs. Killer sound and performance. :)

92coupe
04-15-2007, 11:43 PM
I'm running long tubes h-pipe and flowbasterds 40's dumped, Sounds good to me!

mustangrfast88
04-15-2007, 11:44 PM
i got mac long tubes and mac prochamber and produmps and i love the way
but it is kindof loud but you could get a mac cat back system for you car and it would quite it down alittle bit.

but i am a fan of mac exhaust so thats what i recomond to alot of people

1slow5.O
04-16-2007, 12:01 AM
Cincy Speed, ive heard alot about you guys, im thinking i might stop out that way Wednesday and get a price. The flowmasters have always been a fav of mine, Can you buy those in a catback system setup??

Ive heard a few people talking about Mac stuff, but i dont know if ive ever heard any exhaust by them in person

quik lx
04-16-2007, 12:04 AM
Here's mine I love it! On a mostly stock motor..all purchased at Cincy Speed!

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w191/quikcoupe/?action=view&current=exhaust.flv

Maximus
04-16-2007, 12:06 AM
Flows alone are on Sale for $69 a piece. But I can get the Flowmaster Cat Backs. Ill check price for ya tomorrow.
I personally run Magna-Flows on my 85. Sound great but not to loud. Now when I had 3" MAC Dumps on the Coupe, HOLY SHIT IT WAS LOUD. Cool, but loud :cool1:
Swing down and check us out. Make sure you mention Stangbangerz to get deals on certain items.

Stangman
04-16-2007, 12:18 AM
Now when I had 3" MAC Dumps on the Coupe, HOLY SHIT IT WAS LOUD. Cool, but loud :cool1:

Hmmm..... 3 inch dumps eh? i think u just gave me an idea Craig:bigthumb

Oh by the way slo5.0, i got flowmasters too, not sure of the series, but they sound sweet, but now i just need bigger exhaust....

Maximus
04-16-2007, 12:19 AM
Hmmm..... 3 inch dumps eh? i think u just gave me an idea Craig:bigthumb

Dem Cracker ass Cracker Loud Ass Loud Mofos make a STOCK Mustang sound like a Pro-Stocker!!:bigthumb

Stangman
04-16-2007, 12:29 AM
Dem Cracker ass Cracker Loud Ass Loud Mofos make a STOCK Mustang sound like a Pro-Stocker!!:bigthumb

Wow.... that was almost hard to read.... i just may have to get those for the '88....

MADMOD
04-16-2007, 08:12 AM
You want Pro Stocker......Buy One Chamber Flowmasters! :bigthumb

1slow5.O
04-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Flows alone are on Sale for $69 a piece. But I can get the Flowmaster Cat Backs. Ill check price for ya tomorrow.
I personally run Magna-Flows on my 85. Sound great but not to loud. Now when I had 3" MAC Dumps on the Coupe, HOLY SHIT IT WAS LOUD. Cool, but loud :cool1:
Swing down and check us out. Make sure you mention Stangbangerz to get deals on certain items.

Cool thanks alot man, Ill deff be over wednesday ive been there so ill be sure to check it out and thats where everyone ive talking to gets there stuff from.

I work at the AutoZone in Lawrenceburg and we can order stuff but we have to pay FULL price on all of it and trust me i could walk into Advance auto and get better deals,

Timido
04-16-2007, 12:29 PM
I like the Magna Flows I got from Cincy Speed They ROCK>

Pops Fun
04-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Come to some of the hang outs and listen to different cars... Westernhills on tuesdays and eastside wednesdays. I just got dynoflows and likeum.

Eastside
http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24696

Westside
http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29851

Pops

Foxxx5oh
04-16-2007, 06:26 PM
im runnin a 3" single from my downpipe to a flowmaster, sounds good to me, but will be getting replaced by a spintech soon

wild87stang
04-16-2007, 06:39 PM
As far as i know i belive my headers are mac shorties and my h-pipe is a bbk with high floe cats and also has flowmaster 40 seriers this setup sounds pretty m,uch almost stock at idel and when you are just crusing around its a tad bit louder than stock but when you get into the car it sounds awsome! Hope that helps!

Silver Bullet
04-16-2007, 08:28 PM
I have run the Mac Long tubes, BBK JH 1 3/4 long tubes and I now have Kooks Custom Headers JH 2". The Kooks are nice, but not budget minded.
I really Liked my BBK JH headers, the solid 1pc flange was really nice, especially after they have been thru a few heat cycles and you have to take them off and reinstall them. As far as mufflers I love the flowmaster sound.

Terry

Ryan218
04-23-2007, 08:03 PM

Magna-Flows can you get a video?

Walter
04-23-2007, 08:53 PM
i like the sound of Mac mufflers myself.

5.0calypso93lx
04-23-2007, 10:06 PM
I have FRPP GT40P headers, bassani off road x pipe, and mac mufflers. I'm gonna be swapping out the mac mufflers for some spintech pro streets in the future. I just don't like the de-accel sound of the macs. A little too poppy for me.

Foxxx5oh
04-23-2007, 11:59 PM
I have FRPP GT40P headers, bassani off road x pipe, and mac mufflers. I'm gonna be swapping out the mac mufflers for some spintech pro streets in the future. I just don't like the de-accel sound of the macs. A little too poppy for me.

thats the way my flowmaster is, although i hardly have any backpressure, im hoping to lose some of it with a spintech also :) LMK what you think of them if you get em before i do!

331TwistedWedge
04-24-2007, 12:01 AM
i run long tubes, x pipe and magnaflows ........ i love it ........ a bit pricey, but the magnaflow kit is adjustable at every point ... i like how it sits (far away) from the rear tires ... money well spent ........

Black92LX
04-24-2007, 12:24 AM
Magnaflows no question!!!
Granted I have a modular which gives a bit different sound then the 5.0s but Magnaflows sound great on everything. Plus they are stainless unlike the Rustmasters:D

5.0calypso93lx
04-24-2007, 07:53 AM
thats the way my flowmaster is, although i hardly have any backpressure, im hoping to lose some of it with a spintech also :) LMK what you think of them if you get em before i do!

Yea, I'm just not a fan of the de-accel on most chambered mufflers. Orangestang(Nick) on the boards, has spintechs on his car,and it sounds KILLER. A bit quiet for me though, so I'll be going with the pro street versions :D

Goober
04-29-2007, 02:56 PM
I have bbk shorties, 3" prochamber, and 2 1/2"straight out the back for the rest. It's a bit loud for daily use. But cruising down the road @ 2k rpm, it sounds wicked.

Black Hole
04-29-2007, 05:18 PM
Bassani on my 03 and had the same setup on my 01 Cobra.

I had the offroad H and Flowmasater setup on my 00 GT and I loved it too.