PDA

View Full Version : Why cant i just buy shoes in the store anymore????

Stangman
04-16-2007, 01:03 AM
So apparently if you want THE pair of shoes you have to shop online now!! WTF?!?!

Went to EVERY shoe store in Eastgate and ABSOLUTELY NO ONE has a pair of plain black freakin Nike's, whats so damn hard about carrying shoes?? and what is in stock has all kinds of fancy colorful stripes and swimsuit mesh and all this other happy horse shit, who in the hell needs all that??? if i want my shoe to look like a clown shoe, id mug a damn clown!!! All i want is a pair of black or black and white leather nike shoes, is that so hard???? Every shoe i saw that was in the mens section looked like it was designed by a fingerpainting 5 year old, and made with all kinds of leftover shoes!!!!!!

So eventually i found a pair of shoes for $45 dollars off of Nike's website.... and none the less shipping and tax and all this other B.S later, they were like $72 and some change!!! i mean what the hell?!?!?

Someones very lucky that these shoes are comfortable.... Or id take a roadtrip to kick a beetch in the teeth!!

Its late, im going to sleep

Black Horse
04-16-2007, 07:41 AM
Why do you think they call the place "Shoe Carnival"?

bobtsgt
04-16-2007, 08:15 AM
I never care what brand I get as long as they are cheap :D I never really spend over $30 for shoes and they last about 6 months or so. I mean I make them last 6 months or so :D

DeckerEnt
04-16-2007, 08:28 AM
With my job and some of the cleaning stuff i use, I have to have white soles. I usually go to payless shoe stores for mine. I pay about 20.00 for a decent pair. I go through shoes about every 2 months or so.
Keith

RyanR
04-16-2007, 08:36 AM
:agree: with bob im the exact same way

'92Stang
04-16-2007, 08:47 AM
I got a pair of black suede dingo cowboy boots from the 80's, still in the box. You can have em jesse:cool1:

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-16-2007, 08:55 AM
I grew up on cheap shoes and hated every moment of it. Not because they were cheap, they were just uncomfortable and fell apart so fast. Now i buy the nicest shoes i can afford and try my damnedest to take care of them. I have a pair of New Balance that i really like that have held up awesome. Other than that i spend most of my time in steel toes anyways.

BigBadStang
04-16-2007, 09:39 AM
welcome to my world!!
when you have a big flappin-assed foot like mine...
you go in the store and say to the shoe schlep "which ones do you have in a 16?"
he thinks for a minute, and out of the 4 million shoes on the wall, he points to 3 different ones.
one is usually a calf high "witch hazel" (looney tunes...lol) black heel boot, the other 2 are usually some wild azz looking metal flake colored, rainbow bright, hightop p.o.s. with springs in the heels and holes in the side so my big ass can "elevate" to the rim.

Stangman
04-16-2007, 10:15 AM
LOL!! Im loosin it!! :lol: :lol:

but yeah thats like me, i have to get like an 11 and a half or a 12 depending on the brand, but when u ask if they have that in a wide, they just stare at ya like a monkey doing a math problem... I just wanted some simple assed plain freakin shoes, i cant wear any kind of cheap shoe, i am flatfooted and it hurts, i have tried.

And when i go to the darn store to look at shoes the cheapest ones they have, the shoes looked like you threw a gay swimsuit parade into a blender!!

And Mike... do i wanna know why u had black suede dingo cowboy boots from the 80's????

'92Stang
04-16-2007, 10:26 AM
And Mike... do i wanna know why u had black suede dingo cowboy boots from the 80's????

ol skool...The mullet, the dingos, a cassette of Molly Hatchet cruising in the 71 maverick grabber, big pimpin':bigthumb

BigBadStang
04-16-2007, 10:27 AM
"gay swimsuit parade..."
you're killin me!! :lol:

if i find a store (forget about payless, dicks or any other "mainstream" store) that has a decent looking shoe, in my size, i usually buy at least 2 pair if they have that many...lol. but i too usually have to buy the $hit online.
i gave up a long time ago...
i was in Dicks a while back looking at some golf stuff. the sales guy wouldnt leave me alone, kept asking me if i needed anything. after the 5th time he asked me, i told him i was needing a new pair of golf shoes. his face lit up, and asked what style i would like. i had him explain all the differences, and i asked many questions and to his credit, he aswered beautifully! this went on for about 20 minutes. he then asked if i had decided on a style, and i said i wanted the $189 leather Callaways. i thought the guy was going to have an orgasm! he then asked what size he should get for me. i replied a 16 will do...
45 seconds of silence was his reply!
i walked back over to what i was looking at, and was able to shop in peace and quiet.

Gene
04-16-2007, 10:29 AM
ol skool...The mullet, the dingos, a cassette of Molly Hatchet cruising in the 71 maverick grabber, big pimpin':bigthumb

That's not ol skool...I think I saw someone like that cruising out in the Westside yesterday. :D

'92Stang
04-16-2007, 10:31 AM
That's not ol skool...I think I saw someone like that cruising out in the Westside yesterday. :D

There's still a few die hards left:lol:

95redstang
04-16-2007, 01:00 PM
So apparently if you want THE pair of shoes you have to shop online now!! WTF?!?!

Went to EVERY shoe store in Eastgate and ABSOLUTELY NO ONE has a pair of plain black freakin Nike's, whats so damn hard about carrying shoes?? and what is in stock has all kinds of fancy colorful stripes and swimsuit mesh and all this other happy horse shit, who in the hell needs all that??? if i want my shoe to look like a clown shoe, id mug a damn clown!!! All i want is a pair of black or black and white leather nike shoes, is that so hard???? Every shoe i saw that was in the mens section looked like it was designed by a fingerpainting 5 year old, and made with all kinds of leftover shoes!!!!!!

So eventually i found a pair of shoes for $45 dollars off of Nike's website.... and none the less shipping and tax and all this other B.S later, they were like $72 and some change!!! i mean what the hell?!?!?

Someones very lucky that these shoes are comfortable.... Or id take a roadtrip to kick a beetch in the teeth!!

Its late, im going to sleep

Try looking for a size 14 in running shoes...Pretty fun..I just make sure I don't get red shoes..I might look like Ronald Mcdonald..

Black Horse
04-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Try looking for a size 14 in running shoes...Pretty fun..I just make sure I don't get red shoes..I might look like Ronald Mcdonald..

Ever wonder why? Ever seen anyone from China with that big of a foot?

95redstang
04-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Ever wonder why? Ever seen anyone from China with that big of a foot?

True...When Just For Feet was around it was easy to find shoes..They always had larger sizes...I use to only wear a 13 but in the past year or so I've went up to a 14...

Ryan218
04-16-2007, 03:51 PM
i paid $95 for mine...damn mall :nonono:

bought them before x-max...just a little dirty..

shep
04-16-2007, 08:38 PM
i normally have to buy those dam bball shoes...not to many places sell casual size 16 shoes....

Stangman
04-17-2007, 02:07 AM
i almost went with a with a pair of basketball shoes, they were comfortable as hell, but i would slip and die at work if i wore em!

beefcake
04-18-2007, 09:29 PM
most of the time i'm new balance 4e's, shoe carnival is about the only place that has them

funny thing is there are lots of other styles, but different styles for different stores, or shop online

aperacer
04-22-2007, 11:37 AM
i thought finding 14's was a pain in the ass... online ordering....is what i have resolved to.... and newbalance seams to be one of the only big ass shoe suppliers i have found... especialy in 3-4 e widths....

MrsAPE
04-23-2007, 12:06 PM
i thought finding 14's was a pain in the ass... online ordering....is what i have resolved to.... and newbalance seams to be one of the only big ass shoe suppliers i have found... especialy in 3-4 e widths....

it is a pain in the ass!! he looks at what he likes. then asks for it in his size. when they come back with not in that size i finally get him to ask what they do have tied to the dock. never what he wants. last time, he did order online.

this thread had me laughing coffee out my nose. thanks guys! :cool1: