PDA

View Full Version : EFI to Carb

67Terror
04-17-2007, 08:25 PM
we are getting a 302 and aod out of a 1990 f150 to put in my dad's 66 f100 project. he wants to put a carb on it instead of fuel injection. just have a few questions. Is a newer 302 the same block and everything as the older ones, are all the accessories interchangeable? does a carb intake bolt right up to a efi motor? any help would be greatly appreciated.

JonS
04-17-2007, 08:46 PM
The intake should bolt up with no problem. With the accessories you can probably get the newer setup to work with minor customization. Blocks are basically the same. Things I can think of that you will probably need:

1. Distributor (either point or electronic, it would be best to convert to electronic now)
2. Probably need a timing cover with a fuel pump hole in it unless you are going with an electric fuel pump.

thejock60
04-17-2007, 10:05 PM
My engine is out of 94 gt, everything swapped over no problem. I use electronic distributer and a electric fuel pump. Just make sure u put the pump closer to the fuel tank than i did when i first mounted it:HYF: I kept running out of gas when i opened the 4 barrel up, replaced the pump with a new one then finally put it in the rear and fixed the problem.:bigthumb goodluck with the install!

67Terror
04-17-2007, 11:01 PM
thanks for the help guys :bigthumb

mustang8998
04-18-2007, 08:02 PM
we are getting a 302 and aod out of a 1990 f150 to put in my dad's 66 f100 project. he wants to put a carb on it instead of fuel injection. just have a few questions. Is a newer 302 the same block and everything as the older ones, are all the accessories interchangeable? does a carb intake bolt right up to a efi motor? any help would be greatly appreciated.

As in accessories, do you mean all the foward stuff, alterantor, etc? If so, you will need an older style waterpump. The later ones, are reverse flow, as are the fans.