PDA

View Full Version : Bankruptcy

DSSKing68
04-18-2007, 11:57 AM
Not that I really want to go that route, but I may have to with the losses from the business and my ugly divorce. I was just wondering if anyone has filed recently under the new laws or if they are familiar with them. I have an appointment with my attorney but it isn't for a week. Any help out there??

higgy87
04-18-2007, 12:07 PM
Hey Mark,
sorry to hear about all the rough times, might i suggest listening to 96.5fm during the week from 2-4pm, dave ramsey has a good show on finance and debt problems. i've gotten tons of great info just from listening, but if you want you could call in and he could address your situation personally!.

hope that helps,
hig

Mista Bone
04-18-2007, 03:14 PM
I'll be filing soon, basically you'll have to go thru counseling and depending on your about of income, they will try to get you to pay back some of the debt, DEPENDING on the creditors.

I owe Sears $20k with all their bogus added fees, but they discharged the debt. I could have settle for $7k but was and still am broke.

If I went and filed today I might be forced to sell the TA to help pay back creditors, most Cinergy/Time Warner/etc. My lack of income and no assets (lost house to foreclosure) means I'll likely pay nothing.

I'm not even sure what the fees are now, I'd suspect about $700-1000 dpending on the lawyer. I would have filed before the deadline for the changes, but I had less than $20 at the time.

mach_u
04-18-2007, 03:21 PM
Hey Mark,
sorry to hear about all the rough times, might i suggest listening to 96.5fm during the week from 2-4pm, dave ramsey has a good show on finance and debt problems. i've gotten tons of great info just from listening, but if you want you could call in and he could address your situation personally!.

hope that helps,
hig
Sorry to hear about the problems mark! :( +1 for Dave Ramsey. I really enjoy listening to his program whenever I can. I would call in and see.

transman
04-18-2007, 06:39 PM
+1 one for the dave ramsey great info:bigthumb

SMOKE
04-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Mark, I have been in the credit and finance industry for quite some time (I was a credit analyst for a major auto finance company for 3 years) and can answer about any questions you could throw at me. Give me a call if you still have my phone number or PM and I'll send it to ya.

Chase---