PDA

View Full Version : Noise in front end?

Blackballed
04-20-2007, 11:08 PM
I have a clunking noise coming from the front passenger side on my 06 GT. It is not a poping sound. It does it when I apply the brakes???Sometimes. I pulled the tire off and made sure everything was tight because we lowered it about a year ago. I can not figure out what it is. I was wanting to know if anyone has any suggestions. Maybe the brakes? Thanks Bill

theyallslow
04-21-2007, 05:41 AM
wwll if it is only when you brake, I would look at the pad. and what about in reverse. see what you get.

Stangman
04-21-2007, 03:36 PM
sway bar end links? or possible caliper sticking?

or maybe when the front end dips when you brake it may have sumthin to do with front struts??

Blackballed
04-21-2007, 11:09 PM
It does not do it in reverse. I am going to check the end links. I was just thinking about turning up the radio.:cool2: I'll keep you updated. Thanks Bill

bobtsgt
04-22-2007, 05:15 PM
don't you have those fancy rotors on their? If you can't figure it out let me know and I'll take a ride with ya

08 Vette
04-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Did you change your front springs? If so it's the upper strut mounts. You have to put new mounts on everytime you pull the front struts or it will pop.
If not check the sway bar and end links like the other guys said.
Hope you find it, that stuff drives me crazy.

Blackballed
04-24-2007, 12:13 AM
I have checked everything and can not figure out what the hell it is. Its a clanking noise when i start to break??? I checked the brakes they have little wear on them. I am running out of ideas. I am beginning to think that it is the struts, but it has just recently started to do this. We lowered it over a year ago? I'll give you a call Bob, and take you for a ride to see what you think. Thanks for the info. guys. Bill

bobtsgt
04-24-2007, 08:34 AM
I should have some time Saturday afternoon if your free. If not then mabey after the cruise in or during if you want.

Black Horse
04-24-2007, 08:51 AM
Check to see how much play you have in your brake pad - if you are missing an anti-rattle/moan clip you can get a "clunk" sound when you apply the brakes.

Also check your lug nut torque (never skip the obvious)

MADMOD
04-24-2007, 09:10 AM
I was just thinking about turning up the radio.:cool2:

That is what I do! My car has so many miles on it, it seems like something new makes a noise everyday. It is like my own "Easy Fix" button. Hope you get this thing figured out man. Things you have a hard time fixing is one thing but Having a hard time finding the problem is another. Good luck!

Blackballed
04-25-2007, 09:05 AM
I'll check that but I only have 13,000 miles on it and te pads still look pretty new. I am thinking that it is the strut? DUNO? T hanks for the help guys. Bill

Check to see how much play you have in your brake pad - if you are missing an anti-rattle/moan clip you can get a "clunk" sound when you apply the brakes.

Also check your lug nut torque (never skip the obvious)

Blackballed
04-25-2007, 09:08 AM
Hey Bob, I will get a hold of you this weekend. I am heddin north to Norwalk this weekend to race with Mustangcollective. I have to work Saturday but I will be around Sunday for sure. I'll talk at ya. Bill