PDA

View Full Version : Gun guys! Help identify this old .22 rifle.

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-21-2007, 09:04 PM
I have this .22 rifle that's been in my family for many years. I'd like to know more about it, but the problem is that there's no manufacturer info on the gun anywhere. I've never seen another one like it, and everyone i show it to just says "what happened to the wood stock?" but that's just it....there never was any (that i can tell anyways). I've heard it referred to as a "squirrel gun" used for squirrel hunting, but i'd like to know an idea of who might have made it and what year, as well as value (if any). I don't have any plans on selling it, but it would be cool to know more about it.

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-21-2007, 09:05 PM
And now for the cool part....how you load it. The front "trigger" pulls back, releasing the barrel to flip around and you put the round directly into the barrel. This also cocks the hammer to fire it. You then spin it back around into position and it's ready to shoot. There is a button forward of where the shell goes into which discharges the empty casing.

Grimace5.0
04-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Thats pretty neat. I've never in books, magazines or online have seen one. Good luck and if you do eventually find out what it is/who made it please let me know. I'll keep my eye out for one also..

ETA:

I posted a link to your thread on a gun forum I frequent. If thats any problem and you want me to take it down let me know...

ETA #2:

Post it up on www.rimfirecentral.com they know everything .22 I was going to but can't recall my password

Black92LX
04-22-2007, 02:41 AM
It's not a squirrel gun.
It's what is called a survival rifle. Is there a serial number on it???
If not it was made prior to 1956 and would be classified by who sold it and not who made it. Most likely came from Sears and Roebuck or a catalog of the sort.

Are there any markings anywhere on it? numbers figures, shapes, anything?

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-22-2007, 01:34 PM
It's not a squirrel gun.
It's what is called a survival rifle. Is there a serial number on it???
If not it was made prior to 1956 and would be classified by who sold it and not who made it. Most likely came from Sears and Roebuck or a catalog of the sort.

Are there any markings anywhere on it? numbers figures, shapes, anything?

There is a serial number on the bottom of the grip. A couple guys have mentioned that it might break down into 2 pieces but i can't see anywhere that it would come apart at.

The serial is B33992

Grimace5.0
04-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Well I tried to ask some guys on a gun forum but they turned into a-holes about it. Good luck....

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Well I tried to ask some guys on a gun forum but they turned into a-holes about it. Good luck....

Yeah i'm getting that too? People seem to hate the site of it :lol:

Grimace5.0
04-24-2007, 09:44 PM
It's a Bauer/Garcia Bronco. They were imported by FIE. I posted the question on a gun forum, here is a link to the thread. Try to ignore some of the assinine comments....

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/rifles-42/5229-need-help-iding-rifle.html