PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Help! 60ft Help!

331TwistedWedge
04-23-2007, 03:22 PM
well after running a few test / tunes and the UMTR event saturday, im stumbling upon a 60ft issue ... for some reason all of a sudden im launching 1.8x's - 2.1x's 60ft times??? ... last year i made consistant 1.5x's ~ the only change was going from 17" chrome y2k's to full welds ... i thought the lighter wheels would catapult me in the 11.40 range! ...wrong! ... thanks to dave and kelly i seen some launches online ... my front end is not raising at all? ... yes i have lowering springs, but last year this was not an issue ... so corn-fused at this point ...

im running:

90/10's up front
10 way adjustable strange shocks in the rear
upper and lower control arms
27x10.5x15 Et Streets

1 ~ has anyone ran 4 cylinder front springs? ... do you get a good lift at launch? ... how is the ride height? ...

2 ~ anyone running eibach drag launch springs? ... do these put your car on stilts - looking like a 4x4 ... i want to remain slammed but i want some weight transfer ...

are coil-overs my only option for a good ride height and performance?

any help would be appreciated, i want to get something on order immediately!

i want to keep this look if at all possible!

plated
04-23-2007, 03:26 PM
well after running a few test / tunes and the UMTR event saturday, im stumbling upon a 60ft issue ... for some reason all of a sudden im launching 1.8x's - 2.1x's 60ft times??? ... last year i made consistant 1.5x's ~ the only change was going from 17" chrome y2k's to full welds ... i thought the lighter wheels would catapult me in the 11.40 range! ...wrong! ... thanks to dave and kelly i seen some launches online ... my front end is not raising at all? ... yes i have lowering springs, but last year this was not an issue ... so corn-fused at this point ...

im running:

90/10's up front
10 way adjustable strange shocks in the rear
upper and lower control arms
27x10.5x15 Et Streets

1 ~ has anyone ran 4 cylinder front springs? ... do you get a good lift at launch? ... how is the ride height? ...

2 ~ anyone running eibach drag launch springs? ... do these put your car on stilts - looking like a 4x4 ... i want to remain slammed but i want some weight transfer ...

are coil-overs my only option for a good ride height and performance?

any help would be appreciated, i want to get something on order immediately!

i want to keep this look if at all possible!
ebiach drag front and rear with a bag,cut them down to how you want them,i know guy's running in the tens with 1.5 60fts.with them cut. just my .02.car looks good in that picture:bigthumb and check your pinion angle,it's probaby all out of wack with it slammed down like that

331TwistedWedge
04-23-2007, 03:48 PM
ebiach drag front and rear with a bag,cut them down to how you want them,i know guy's running in the tens with 1.5 60fts.with them cut. just my .02.car looks good in that picture:bigthumb and check your pinion angle,it's probaby all out of wack with it slammed down like that

that was a thought, but i figured if i cut them ~ i would hurt the performance of the front springs to rise at full length? ... they store energy, so maybe that is the trick ... they come with the air bag as well, pretty cool ... i might give this a shot - if people are running 10's on them, they should work for me ...

thanks chris ...

Rob
04-23-2007, 04:05 PM
You could go with Strange coil overs in the front, 14" Springs 150# range for starters. Drop Spindles to get your car low with the correct geometry. Are you still running sway bars?

331TwistedWedge
04-23-2007, 04:15 PM
You could go with Strange coil overs in the front, 14" Springs 150# range for starters. Drop Spindles to get your car low with the correct geometry. Are you still running sway bars?

no front sway bar, only the rear ... i was hoping to avoid the coil-over situation ... i need a-arms and the whole 9 yards ... im probably looking $600-$700, i believe? ... im reading and calling around ... this has to be a fixable issue, hell im only running mid 11's ... lol ...

thanks rob ...

bobtsgt
04-23-2007, 04:21 PM
check out the classifieds. there is a good price on some arms and struts/coil overs

331TwistedWedge
04-23-2007, 04:32 PM
check out the classifieds. there is a good price on some arms and struts/coil overs

thanks bob, i just hit him up on a pm ...

keep the ideas coming people ...

Black Horse
04-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Getting the center of gravity down and getting the proper geometry right is the best bet. Look at Farmer Steve in the MD car - the nose of that car hardly raises at all and the back plants hard without a big squat. I'm not sure what his 60' are (neglecting the wheelspin he had on his 1st run), but I'll bet they are something to be proud of.

Its all physics - if you can get all of the energy to move you forward you will go faster since you wont be wasting energy to raise the front, drop the back, etc.

As much as I love watch you guys get air under the front end - the real quick cars go low, straight and fast!

Kelly Pelrine
04-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Hey Ricky..... did you ask anyone else if they were off on their 60' times too? I noticed the track wasnt prepped very well yesterday, im sure that played a part.

MADMOD
04-23-2007, 07:15 PM
The Eibach drag springs I have seem to work pretty well. I was cutting 1.71 60's Saturday. How is your clutch? My 60's and MPH started falling off when my clutch was going south.

Paul408Notch
04-23-2007, 07:52 PM
So the tires are spinning correct?

331TwistedWedge
04-23-2007, 08:51 PM
So the tires are spinning correct?

yes, craig marked them on my last run ...... they didnt budge ...... the clutch is new from last year ....... its great! ... some people were hooking well, some were NOT ... unfortunately for me, i havent hooked all year at tri-state or E20!!! ...

YouGotJunk
04-23-2007, 08:56 PM
maybe your car just makes so much power that no matter what you do...it'll never stop spinning...that's what i'd go with if I had the problem!!!

331TwistedWedge
04-23-2007, 09:33 PM
maybe your car just makes so much power that no matter what you do...it'll never stop spinning...that's what i'd go with if I had the problem!!!

oh shit, there goes the neighborhood ...... lmao ....... i might try that one, if i dont fix it ........ but trapping 117, isnt that strong .........

YouGotJunk
04-23-2007, 09:42 PM
it's those big stroker kits and all those fancy parts just over powering the tracks...thats why i'm staying with my little iron headed 302 and running some high 12's hopefully...maybe your getting armour all on your contact patch cause I know your spraying the sidewalls trying to make it look pretty!!

331TwistedWedge
04-23-2007, 10:15 PM
it's those big stroker kits and all those fancy parts just over powering the tracks...thats why i'm staying with my little iron headed 302 and running some high 12's hopefully...maybe your getting armour all on your contact patch cause I know your spraying the sidewalls trying to make it look pretty!!

you sound like duncan now ....... here goes my thread ......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rustanggt98
04-23-2007, 10:27 PM
pull those 90/10's off and make sure they aren't junk ;)

331TwistedWedge
04-23-2007, 10:57 PM
pull those 90/10's off and make sure they aren't junk ;)

how many years can you expect out of a pair ... they were bought (new) last year ... comp. engineering ... what do i look for? ...

thanks .....

Rustanggt98
04-23-2007, 11:20 PM
how many years can you expect out of a pair ... they were bought (new) last year ... comp. engineering ... what do i look for? ...

thanks .....

if the car is real low, and you don't have a bumpstop, they won't last long, best thing is just pull them off and make sure they still extend easy, and have resistence when you try to compress them. its most likely not the cause of the problem, but you'd be pissed if it was and you spent a bunch of money when not necessary

i told steve (farmer) to check his on his factory stock car and he didn't for the first two races, got back home with a 2 month break, pulled them off and one was dead as could be. a longshot but it was the cause, that was a lakewood 90/10 though, and there are some differences between the comps. and the lakewoods.

331TwistedWedge
04-23-2007, 11:46 PM
if the car is real low, and you don't have a bumpstop, they won't last long, best thing is just pull them off and make sure they still extend easy, and have resistence when you try to compress them. its most likely not the cause of the problem, but you'd be pissed if it was and you spent a bunch of money when not necessary

i told steve (farmer) to check his on his factory stock car and he didn't for the first two races, got back home with a 2 month break, pulled them off and one was dead as could be. a longshot but it was the cause, that was a lakewood 90/10 though, and there are some differences between the comps. and the lakewoods.

i will start there! ... regardless im doing something to the front end, so they need to come off ... consider it done and thanks ...

mustang8998
04-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Wondering out load here, but I was thinking the Welds (being lighter) are bringing up your wheel speed quicker than the Y2K's. That may cause more "spin".

92coupe
04-24-2007, 11:40 PM
E20 just flat out sucked saturday, My car never hooked at all. Last umtr event it hooked all night wheels up and planted the rear hard.

331TwistedWedge
04-25-2007, 02:55 AM
Wondering out load here, but I was thinking the Welds (being lighter) are bringing up your wheel speed quicker than the Y2K's. That may cause more "spin".

my thoughts exactly ... quick wheel spin ... those other wheels were so heavy (52.5 lbs each), i broke and bent studs every race last year ... i have some head scratchin' to do ... :confused: