PDA

View Full Version : ron anderson built holley 650 for sale

rmracing
04-24-2007, 10:59 PM
Ron Anderson built Holley 650 carb with all the good parts and all his tricks done to it . Carb is brand new , was only used for testing . Very good carb.
This is the same as the carb he set the pure street record with last year.

Paid $ 1100.
Asking $ 850.

Rocky

Rustanggt98
04-24-2007, 11:02 PM
I heard that Ron Anderson guy is the man, any truth to that?

:cool1:

Maximus
04-24-2007, 11:26 PM
For $1100 he better fn swallow!!!:lol:

rmracing
04-24-2007, 11:45 PM
For $1100 he better fn swallow!!!:lol:

No , but Ron is 62 years old i believe and he has been racing all his life . He has tought me lots over the last couple years that i have known him .Trust me the guy knows cars .Sometimes it is worth the extra money for the knowledge and help you get .

Maximus
04-24-2007, 11:54 PM
So have you put that carb on the dyno against another carb, or did you just take his word for it? If you did put it on the dyno, how much HP did it make over the other carb?

rmracing
04-25-2007, 12:24 AM
that is the only carb that i have ever bought .I compared it on the dyno to the efi and it made the same power as my efi . Due to the extra 75 pound weight penalty for a carb it isnt worth my time and money to try different carbs . I dont know why you have to come on here and start crap , i am just posting some parts for sale , if you dont like them , dont buy them . Craig , please let me know of some winners in heads up drag racing that have all budget parts on there cars .

Maximus
04-25-2007, 12:54 AM
No , but Ron is 62 years old i believe and he has been racing all his life . He has tought me lots over the last couple years that i have known him .Trust me the guy knows cars .Sometimes it is worth the extra money for the knowledge and help you get .

Obviuosly he dont know your car if you are selling his $1100 carb at a loss. I just find it amazing how you will beat everyone up to get a deal, but if someone says "this is the part to have" you are all over it and then it does ZERO for your ride. You need to re-organize and concentrate on a singel set-up and quit listening to what other non-winners have done. Too much information is a bad thing.
Good Luck woth the sale thou.:bigthumb

Maximus
04-25-2007, 12:55 AM
that is the only carb that i have ever bought .I compared it on the dyno to the efi and it made the same power as my efi . .

Apples and Oranges. If your dyno time cost you, would you be trying all these expensive "experiments"?

rmracing
04-25-2007, 01:10 AM
Obviuosly he dont know your car if you are selling his $1100 carb at a loss. I just find it amazing how you will beat everyone up to get a deal, but if someone says "this is the part to have" you are all over it and then it does ZERO for your ride. You need to re-organize and concentrate on a singel set-up and quit listening to what other non-winners have done. Too much information is a bad thing.
Good Luck woth the sale thou.:bigthumb

That is what i am trying to do . I have ran a 10.31 with my car and the record is currently a 10.29 . I am concentrating on fine tuning my current setup is why i am going to be selling a bunch of stuff .

I dont know what non winners i am taking advise from , maybe you could let me know because thats news to me.

Maximus
04-25-2007, 01:24 AM
Whoever talked you into buying a $1100 650 carb that didnt work:HYF:

rmracing
04-25-2007, 07:38 AM
It did work , it just didnt make more hp than my efi . Since you know everything I guess you already know that I didnt try alot to make the carb better . I think I could have gotten some more power but I am just a little burned out and am tired of swaping parts all the time looking for that extra
1-2 hp , but i guess you wouldnt know about trying to find power out of a very strict rule book would you.

The carb came from last years champion and record holder buy the way. Just because i am selling it dosent mean its bad . I guess everything in your shop must be bad parts huh , or why would they be for sale .I guess your old turbo car was junk too huh , or you wouldnt have sold it . Come on Craig , get real

Craig , how would you feel if someone came on here and posted negative coments about your shop everytime you posted something for sale and dogged on what you have in your shop .

Last time I checked there was a big Cincy Speed sticker on my back window . I have tried to support you and have never gave you a hard time and this is how you treat me .

rmracing
04-25-2007, 08:23 AM
Craig if you look at jegs they sell a holley ultra hp 650 for $869.plus tax and shipping . My carb also has extra machining inside it to improve flow . It has been opened up to the max allowed for the class . This doesnt come out of the box like this .

Maximus
04-25-2007, 10:20 AM
Sensitive arent we?:)

I never said that I know everything, thats funny. As far as Dealing with a Rule book, I got out of Heads up racing back in 98. I saw that it takes ALOT of time and $$ to be competitive, not Win, just to be in the top 10. So I decided to stay home and build more for the same amount of $$.

I never sad the carb is bad. I was pointing out that you would pay $1100 to run the same as you did before without addressing other issues with your car first.

Thats their poragtive(sp) All I can do is offer parts for sale and try and help one out. But Ill tell ya, it sure does get old hearing, Can you do any better, Im on a budget, I cant afford that but I gotta have it, etc etc:rolleyes:

I apperciate that. I try and do the best that I can, its all I can do. If I was giving you a hard time, I wouldnt be as nice. Id tell you how I really feel:D

Heres a late morning bump, FREE of charge.:bigthumb