PDA

View Full Version : I need opinions

Maximus
04-25-2007, 12:11 AM
honest ones.
So a "friend" that one has trusted for many years decides to STEAL from you. You catch him Red-Handed and they deny the fact. You shake it off as a coeinceidence (sp)but deep down you Know they have done you wrong. You even actually see stuff that has belonged to you, in the past before they stole it, in their posseion. You know if you "out" the low life piece of shit, they will probably shot themselves. So do you Out the fuck and live with a guilty conscience when they blow their little brains out. OR do you say nothing and hope another Stangbangerz member doesnt get fucked like you did/have?
Think rationally before you type. Remember as a youngster you too have made mistakes and learned to be a better person because of those mistakes.

:popcorn:

92coupe
04-25-2007, 12:17 AM
That's a tough one.

Foxxx5oh
04-25-2007, 12:27 AM
i say that if a person has to steal from someone else to stay alive (i.e. not shoot themself) then they have FAR bigger problems than kleptomania....depending on your relationship with the person, i would take them aside and talk t othem about the incedents, and if needed, MAYBE offer to help them out...but one way or another, they need to get the point conveyed to them that stealing is wrong...especially among friends...

LXEnvy1990
04-25-2007, 12:33 AM
Wow brother. All i can say is I've been there..... I am still there. My own ### steals from me. No shit I'm not lying. I just got, got for like 80 bucks like 2 days ago! WTF..... But i would say it depends who it is and what it was. I mean it really don't matter what it was but that would decide what i would do to them! If it was just something small we would def have a talk. A serious one at that! And we probably wouldn't be friends after that talk! If it was something big...... There wouldn't be no talking. But if you know they or him is stealing from you then you should not be around a person like that. I wouldn't want somebody like that around me. But like i said i live in fear of being robbed everyday. lol so basically since i cant do shit to her (cause she is my @#$) I just make sure everything i own is under lock and key! And it is shity knowing that somebody you call a friend is stealing from you. LOW RENT FUCK!

Maximus
04-25-2007, 12:38 AM
Ok, you dont have to mention any names...just opinons.
Thanks

LXEnvy1990
04-25-2007, 12:41 AM
Tru fixed..... What are you thinking????? Or what is your opinion on it right now????

95redstang
04-25-2007, 12:42 AM
Maybe confront them about what they did and that you know..Tell them if it happens again your done with them...If it does happen again and they do "blow their brains out" what can you do..You gave them a second chance.. If you steal from family or friends you have some serious problems...
That's pretty damn low...I put that up there with banging your friends wife or girlfriend...

Mista Bone
04-25-2007, 01:25 AM
Craig, does his first name begin with R?

If same person, he's screwed over Ryan many times and I think Ryan's about to get screwed AGAIN.

Maximus
04-25-2007, 01:28 AM
Dude, here!!:HYF: No his/their name doesnt start with R. GD you are a PITA sometimes:lol:

Mista Bone
04-25-2007, 01:47 AM
When you given a friend (name starts with R, a former employee of yours) a few chances and they still are in denial, you even try to help them but they still DENY any wrong doing.

They have worse issues that are not your fault. You should only feel guilty if you supplied the ammo for the gun used for the suicide.

If their parents had only pulled out or used the pill........

Maximus
04-25-2007, 01:50 AM
ummm yeah. wtfe:HYF:

YouGotJunk
04-25-2007, 01:59 AM
ah you need to just have a talk with them and tell them your aware of what's going on...If they get defensive and say it's not true..thats when you step it up a level and put them in their place...if they admit to everything and they are just doing everything in their power to get by...offer help...but you still have to let them know what they were doing was wrong!! Goodluck man...hopefully whatever you decide works out the best for ya!!

PS...talk about stupid post...WTF is Mista babbling about!!

Mista Bone
04-25-2007, 02:02 AM
I'm talking about a former employee of Cincy Speed who has had issues and screw over some good friends.......I believe he bought Brian Wheelers 4th gen Red Camaro.

Step One = Denial, gotta get past it for the other 11 steps.

Hi, I'm Mista Bone, I'm a alky.

See, it's that easy!

Camaro86SHOCKER
04-25-2007, 02:14 AM
Hmm being as though its car parts...thats a problem. If you owned a thrift store and someone was tealing a can of corn id think more along the lines that maybe they were just doing what they had to do to survive but no one really needs car parts they just want them.

Furthermore to steal from a friend...thats low.

Someone who has suicidal issues needs more than just a brush off that their doing nothing wrong in fear of what they might do to themselves. Instead confront them and offer to help or ask what you can do to get them the help they need.

MT_POKT
04-25-2007, 07:42 AM
Tough situation. If it were food or something you need to survive I think I would take a charitable approach. Car parts though? Yank 'em aside for a little talkin' to. If they're a 'bangerz member, I would give them the option to make a post apologizing for themselves before you make a public service announcement. IMO, it's more of a bad thing not warning the million members here that could be taken advantage of than what he has done by stealing from you in the first place.

DeckerEnt
04-25-2007, 08:46 AM
Stealing is wrong. Plain and simple. If you want to start giving away parts, that is your business.
I would pull this person aside away from anyone and just ask what is wrong with them. Present the facts with no gray areas so he can't just explain it away and make your point very clear. A stern warning that it will NEVER happen again and lay out the consequences of his actions. Hopefully he will listen. Hopefully it will never happen again.
I would also go get your parts back too. Even if you have to rip them out of his car.
Keith

Black Hole
04-25-2007, 08:46 AM
Hmm being as though its car parts...thats a problem. If you owned a thrift store and someone was tealing a can of corn id think more along the lines that maybe they were just doing what they had to do to survive but no one really needs car parts they just want them.

Someone who has suicidal issues needs more than just a brush off that their doing nothing wrong in fear of what they might do to themselves. Instead confront them and offer to help or ask what you can do to get them the help they need.
I agree.

Stealing some food if they can't afford it...that's understandable.

Stealing parts or something from my home, that's not...

I'd address the situation....especially if they're suicidal.

Like I said yesterday.....next to murderers, rapists, and child molesters the only thing worse than a liar is a THIEF!:AR15:

I'd deal with the situation so that no one else on here has to learn this the hard way...

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-25-2007, 09:14 AM
I have always said i would give most anything to someone if they absolutely needed it, instead of them steeling from me. That said, i would give this person a serious, harsh talk and make it clear that you only get one chance as far as this goes, and that if they need something to ask and i might help them get what they need. And that's only because you said this person was close to you...a stranger steeling from me gets his face kicked in.

02mingryGT
04-25-2007, 09:20 AM
Does this person have a drug problem and they're stealing to support their habit? I'd try to get them help and in the future never put any trust in them until they prove otherwise.

theyallslow
04-25-2007, 09:34 AM

+3

I know that my friends would never do me like that. so i dont know what kind of person he/she is but they are no friend of yours.

good luck with this one.

bobtsgt
04-25-2007, 10:56 AM

+4 shady people have their reasons and I think you should talk with them about the situation. it sucks that things like this happen

MFIELD
04-25-2007, 10:57 AM
Craig I think you should talk to the person and explain you know and show them the other items they have taken in the past. If they are a true friend they will explain the problem and not let it happen again. I dont think they will off themselves, if they cant stop what they are doiing they will move on to someone else other than you. Good luck just watch your stuff carefully.

Edit: There is no good reason to steal anyway. I find that working harder usually get you what you want.

Maximus
04-25-2007, 11:19 AM
This really is for a Friend. Its no one I know personally. I do know that if the guy is "outed" he will be banished from ALL Mustang events, gatherings and this site. Like I said, no one, including me, is perfect. We ALL have made mistakes....I think I just answered my own question.

Ill keep the info quiet, for now. But Ill definately watch the guy. If he even thinks of screwin someone on here over, Ill be a postin real quick.

As for the guy, I know who you are so watch your step.:HYF:

Mr.Moontang
04-25-2007, 11:21 AM
I have caught someone stealing from me and I confronted them about it and resolved it in a private manner and I think it ended fine... We are just not the same as before it happened due to trust being worth its weight in gold!!!

theyallslow
04-25-2007, 12:25 PM
I have no friends like that...I would how ever steal for a friend, but never from a friend.

bestracing
04-25-2007, 12:56 PM
ah you need to just have a talk with them and tell them your aware of what's going on...If they get defensive and say it's not true..thats when you step it up a level and put them in their place...if they admit to everything and they are just doing everything in their power to get by...offer help...but you still have to let them know what they were doing was wrong!! Goodluck man...hopefully whatever you decide works out the best for ya!!

Oh my god this came from yougotjunk?!? :D But I'd have to agree with his post. You have to have a private personal talk with this person and have proof. The best way to start is not to be confrontational or acusing if it doesn't work then step up the talk. It's hard when friends screw you over and I'm sure it will never be the same again but you at least gave him a chance to explain.

NXcoupe
04-25-2007, 01:17 PM
Anyone who steals from a friend is pretty low, jmho. Your friends are the people you go to in a crunch, or help them out when they are in the crunch. I would personally take them aside and talk to them about it, and then distance myself from them. A thief doesn't need much of an excuse to steal from someone, and truthfully I can't see how they rationalize it.

firestang70
04-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Craig its always difficult. You seem like a stand up guy. I'd like to think I'm a moral honest person. Your a dad now and want be a good role model. How would you like your children to be treated and dealt with when they are wronged. This is a good way to look at it. Tell this person you know the truth and that it is killing you. Offer to help them. If they come clean hopefully you can forgive them but, not forget. If they are still denying, than they have bigger fish to fry. I would then warn others (we are family here) so they would not have to go thru something similar. If you are the other person reading this. Fess up, I know its tough but, I for one will respect you for admitting it. We have all made mistakes. Good luck Craig.

chris91
04-25-2007, 01:53 PM
I had a close friend of about 15 years that was stealing from me. I busted him red handed and he played it off like it was his. I had no real proof as I didnt know how much money I had at the time but I know he was broke and I wasnt. I didnt call or talk to him for months. Let him back into my life thinking he may have changed and bettered himself and then he starts lying to my wife about me and stealing again. Needless to say I outed him again, changed my phone number, and dont associate with anyone he does anymore. Sometimes its hard but you have to get away from people that like to do others wrong like that.

orangedemon331
04-25-2007, 04:02 PM
Without knowing the whole story its hard to give opinions, but I dont like thiefs or liars for that matter. All I can say is watch out either way you go with this!!

FoxEgirl
04-25-2007, 04:10 PM
the way i see it. stealing is stealing. i would totally confront them. and if its denied like someone said earlier - step it up. when the pressure is on people come clean real quick. thats a shame tho. dont people know its like in the ten commandments not to steal and shit. good luck bud!

Foxxx5oh
04-25-2007, 05:33 PM
dont people know its like in the ten commandments not to steal and shit.

LOL!!! Jen, that was the best valley girl theologist response ever! :D

Pops Fun
04-25-2007, 05:52 PM
Hi
Tough problem, I believe anyone can make a mistake. But they need to know 9be told) they made a mistake and what the consquences are of another mistake ... Friends more than anyone else, because you trust them..

Pops

beefcake
04-25-2007, 06:14 PM
really need to know the whole situation

my best friend of 10 years started stealing from my business when i went out on a limb to help him out,

i was probably closer to him than my brother

it took a lot out of me,

eventually i let the hate go as there is nothing productive there

thieves, liars, hate em

R825OH
04-25-2007, 06:30 PM
You have to confront the person only because, it starts to wear on you and that changes you as a person. You cannot let someone that is doing wrong make you change , they are the one that has to.

Black Horse
04-25-2007, 07:25 PM
I have thought long and hard about this issue -

It is my thought that this friend (if he/she truely is that) should be taken aside in a non-threatening way and the whole situation brought up. You don't have to say everything, just enough to let them know they have been caught. If YOU are truely a friend you will extend to them your forgiveness and offer them some level of help (theft, suicide, etc. can be looked at as a hugh cry for help).

I think its all about the whole win/win situation. To have a friend you have to be a friend, and that is even when their shit pile gets deep.

If they can't be a person enough to grab onto your hand or lean on your shoulder - then they probably really aren't the friend you thought them to be - wish them well in their life, remind them that all they have to do is call, and walk away.

LXEnvy1990
04-26-2007, 12:55 AM
So...... What are you going to do????????????????????

MCHNROL
04-26-2007, 04:03 AM
I hope this doesn't seem like a hijack, and this thread maybe on hiatus, waiting for answers. Since the subject is about stealing, here is my question. Unfortunately, theft is all too common. I don't steal and learned my lesson in grade school. A thief is a liar and I don't want to be around either.

My question is, what do you do if you are accused of embezzeling $25 and you know you didn't take it. The accuser becomes pretty insistant in front of another person. Is it an accusation, a joke or WTF?
That is a very unconfortable feeling. You don't know what to say. Do you turn and ignore that person as I did, or do you get defensive and pissed off and what does that look like or accomplish? Asking is one thing, being accused is another.
I figure at the point of being accused, you are being written off anyway. Seek greener pastures and stay the f*** away from that person.
What do you do???

Slow9023
04-26-2007, 07:49 AM
I unfortunately had the experience of catching one of my friends stealing from our work. It was about 600$ worth of computer parts that he had taken and ditched the boxes in the dumpster. We noticed the parts missing and had him come back to the store. He was fired, and he understands why. We still talk to this day, no hard feelings between us.