PDA

View Full Version : I bought a new mower

Holly
04-25-2007, 09:10 AM
But not without complications. Nothing in my life can ever go smoothly, it always has to involve a bunch of crapola and drama.

I had my friends Hoss and Kim ride over to Sears with me last night (we have been friends for over 20 years). Hoss is pretty handy with stuff around the house, he's helped me out a few times. Anyway, I picked out a self propelled push mower, key start, with a bag and mulcher. We get the heavy ass thing home, and Hoss gets it out of the box and we were getting ready to plug it in when he noticed the wheel was completely cracked in the front! :mad: I was not happy, we had to load the thing back up and I had to run BACK to Eastgate. I called them and told them to have me a new one waiting, which they did. They apologized, it wasn't their fault (since it was in the box), but some lazy phuq obviously dropped the box and didn't say anything.

No problems with the return, just the frustration of this taking up my whole damn evening.

Now I can't mow tonight, cuz the grass will be too wet.

Black Horse
04-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Holly - what you need is a pool boy and a half naked gardener ;)

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-25-2007, 09:53 AM

Hey i could use a part time job :tard:

BigBadStang
04-26-2007, 06:55 PM
....gets it out of the box and we were getting ready to plug it in ...

Holly, is that an electric mower?
i have always wondered how one of those were to use.

ponymom05
04-26-2007, 09:17 PM

Can I have one too? Oh, never mind, I don't have a pool!!

MrsAPE
04-27-2007, 09:49 AM
Can I have one too? Oh, never mind, I don't have a pool!!
+2
I dont have a pool either but I'll go get one of those plastic ones!! :bigthumb:

Kidding honey...:angel:

Holly
04-27-2007, 09:55 AM
Holly, is that an electric mower?
i have always wondered how one of those were to use.

Yes, I need to plug it in and charge it up. I was too anxious to mow the night I got it, so I just pulled the cord and it started right up.

It's weird mowing with a self-propelled mower, but that thing is not fast enough for me, I walk FAST when I mow. But that's okay, it works great on the hill in the front. I think I am going to keep the other one to mow around the pool, it's easier with that one (the self propelled keeps wanting to take off under the deck on me). :lol:

Holly
04-27-2007, 09:58 AM
Oh, never mind, I don't have a pool!!

And I would suggest NOT getting one. They are a pain in the butt. I am going to attempt to open mine this year (Vinny's buddies are coming down Saturday and are going to get it running for me), I just have to maintain it, which I can do. I just can't hook up the pump and all that crap, that was always husband's job. Guess I better pay attention this year. ;)

Nice storm we had last night. I was standing in the kitchen and heard a crash, the gutters completely fell off the house. :lol: It's always something.

BigBadStang
04-27-2007, 11:07 AM
Yes, I need to plug it in and charge it up. I was too anxious to mow the night I got it, so I just pulled the cord and it started right up.

It's weird mowing with a self-propelled mower, but that thing is not fast enough for me, I walk FAST when I mow. But that's okay, it works great on the hill in the front. I think I am going to keep the other one to mow around the pool, it's easier with that one (the self propelled keeps wanting to take off under the deck on me). :lol:

ok...i get it now...electric start...duh!!
i thought it was one of those electric powered (no gas) mowers.
I'm a little slow...but other than that i'm alright...lol!

Carl
04-27-2007, 11:30 AM
One less thing for me to bring home, congrats on the purchase! I love my Craftsman mower, now to get a riding version from the same company, stupid Murray....

bestracing
04-27-2007, 12:03 PM
ok...i get it now...electric start...duh!!
i thought it was one of those electric powered (no gas) mowers.
I'm a little slow...but other than that i'm alright...lol!

My parients had an electric mower, just got to watch out for the cord :eek: I prefer the gas mowers just because of that.

glassman
04-27-2007, 12:36 PM
My craftsman mower is got to be 10-12 yrs old smokes a lil on starts but it still starts on the fist or second pull. Been thinkin about a gettn a new one. Looked at the new 33in commerical at sears it's a zero turn self popelled 4 speed w/rev walk behind.

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-27-2007, 05:44 PM
There was a guy on my street mowing with an electric mower on an extension cord. My first impression as i drove by was that there was no sound, and that must be cool. Then i was thinking hey what if he runs over the cord?

R825OH
04-27-2007, 05:49 PM
:cool1: curly hair:cool1:

dedpedal
05-01-2007, 07:52 PM
I came home from Belize to find a jungle! The guy I had made arraingments with to mow it while I was gone didnt show up at all and wont return my calls. I guess he will suffer my wrath just as others who have wronged me in the past. Im tired of dealing with incompetant unprofessional assholes!

95redstang
05-01-2007, 08:28 PM
I came home from Belize to find a jungle! The guy I had made arraingments with to mow it while I was gone didnt show up at all and wont return my calls. I guess he will suffer my wrath just as others who have wronged me in the past. Im tired of dealing with incompetant unprofessional assholes!

If I lived closer to you I would have cut it for you..My front yard looks like it was professionally done..It thick and green..No weeds anywhere..Now the backyard is a different story..The dog has it tore up back there...Actaully just got done cutting it...

Black Horse
05-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Kevin - here is what will solve your problem: "Round-Up"

DeckerEnt
05-01-2007, 08:57 PM
Kevin just needs to black top the whole place.
Keith

dedpedal
05-01-2007, 11:53 PM
Kevin just needs to black top the whole place.
Keith

I wish I could afford to concrete the whole place and paint it green.