PDA

View Full Version : so how'd ya meet?

FoxEgirl
04-25-2007, 02:04 PM
so how did you and your wife/husband, girlfriend/boyfriend meet? usually good stories.
talkin with my rents the other day and this subject came up i thought it would make for an interesting thread - as their story of meeting did.

venomous_svt
04-25-2007, 02:12 PM
o dear god...mines is horrible. I met my wife while I was working security at the Yucatan Liquorstand. She stalked me for weeks before I finally gave in a talked to her...funny thing is she had dated my cousin which also worked there...but she didnt know we where related until I finally talked to her. My wedding party was a regular Jerry Springer episode....My cousin was my best man...One of my wifes maids, I had hooked up with... lol everyone in the wedding party had hooked up at one point or another...:lol:

bobtsgt
04-25-2007, 02:25 PM
met in highschool, took her to homecoming (whole other story right there, sorry honey :D) didn't talk for about a couple of years, then I got a PM one day on here saying she picked up her new 05 GT and the rest is history.

Mr.Moontang
04-25-2007, 02:34 PM
I met Nancy with an online dating service... I met my ex-wife through a friend and then hooked up at a party.

Jaylynn
04-25-2007, 02:36 PM
.....the always classy keg party in clifton

Stang849
04-25-2007, 02:51 PM
My wife came in to town, from Kansas City, to see her mom for a while. She stayed for about a month and decided to get a job. Happened to get hired at the BP Station on Beechmont and Five Mile, where I happened to be a assistant manager. I asked her out the first time and she said no, i persisted and she finally went out with me and the rest is history. All of this from what was supposed to be a month or so stay to see her mom.

Ranger50
04-25-2007, 02:55 PM
The internet.:D

Black Hole
04-25-2007, 02:59 PM
Our best friends got together and eventually got married.

We were just acquaintances for a few years (I was always the single bachelor and she was always in the serious relationship with some guy who hated me :D ) until she called off an engagement. We started hanging out shortly after and the rest just came together and we were married about 20 months later (last September).

Our friends got married on December 30th, 2005....I proposed the next afternoon.:cool2:

Timido
04-25-2007, 03:04 PM
.....the always classy keg party in clifton

I had no choice but to talk to her she was holding the keg up.

Mr.Moontang
04-25-2007, 03:05 PM
so how did you and your wife/husband, girlfriend/boyfriend meet? usually good stories.
talkin with my rents the other day and this subject came up i thought it would make for an interesting thread - as their story of meeting did.

How did you and Captain Obvious meet?

Paul408Notch
04-25-2007, 03:19 PM

Hooked on Phonics classes.

FoxEgirl
04-25-2007, 03:28 PM

well we worked together at walgreens for a year. we were like best friends. he would tell everyone BUT ME that he liked me. finally after a year he asked me out. i said no but then bout 3 months later i asked him out. thats bout it! :cool1:

Maximus
04-25-2007, 03:30 PM
BWHAHAHAHA!!!:lol: :lol:

5.0calypso93lx
04-25-2007, 03:40 PM
I met my better half at TGIFridays. I was a bus boy and she was a hostess. Then I found out she was into cars, thats when I knew she was the one.

Once us bussers got done cleaning a table, we would have to go tell the hostess at the hostess stand which tables we had cleaned off and were available. Most other bussers would clean several tables and then go tell the hostess which tables they had cleaned, but I would purposely make sure that I visited the hostess stand after EVERY table I cleaned, just so I could talk to her more :)

mach_u
04-25-2007, 03:55 PM
I was hosting weekends at O'Charleys in Eastgate when a girl I had briefly met a couple of years earlier came in with her fiance to eat. We chatted briefly and a week later she showed up with another lady in tow - Rachel. I was running around the restaurant like a mad man and they were like "hey are you going to stop and chat or what." Got talking to them and invited Rachel to go to Annie's that night with me. She stayed untill 1 or so - unbeknownest to me she had to get up for work at like 5am. She wrote her number down for me on a napkin and we agreed to go out. The problem was I fogot her name(I'm super bad with names!) and didn't want to call the number incase it was her home number and I wouldn't know who to ask for besides the "blonde with big boobs" :lol:. Thankfully she called me later in the week and we had our first "offical" date the following weekend at TGI Fridays in Anderson and watched a movie at Newport on the levee and it's been a pretty smooth trip ever since. :bigthumb

bestracing
04-25-2007, 03:56 PM
A buddy of mine and I were chasing each other through the streets of Latonia in our cars. He was looking for a girl he was interested in and she happened to be at another girls house.

That other girl liked me and we went out a few times.

I blew her off one night claming I was working on my car, went to a dance with another girl and she was there. Didn't talk to each other for 5 months.

She called me back and we talked for few months and then she asked me to her schools V-Day dance. We saw each other once in a while after that and by that summer we were dating quite steadly. Got engaged a year later and married two years after that.

95redstang
04-25-2007, 04:01 PM
Met my wife while out with Rick(331twistedwedge)..We were heading over to Argosy..First we stopped at Roadhouse Bar&Grill in Fairfield to eat..All the girls working came over to our table and sat with us..Hell I think everyone of them to be exact. One of them caught my eye..She was smiling like crazy..
Well I ended up going back the following week with another friend..We ended up sitting at Briannes' table(the one that caught my eye)...So we started eating and as we were getting up to leave she said"your not leaving yet are you?" So I said "not till I get your phone number"...I think that was back in December of 99.. So after a few years of dating we got married Feb. 2004..
we had so much in common it was scary..I played baseball and she played fastpitch softball for Ross in high school..That was what got me...So now we have a house in Fairfield, 2 girls, fish, a minivan, mustang, my hoopty camry, and a dumb ass boxer....

Holly
04-25-2007, 04:01 PM
Vinny and I met on a beautiful summer day, Saturday, June 3, 2000.

I was at the neighbors house visiting her and she had been on me to meet her neighbor. She told me he just lost his wife (car accident in March 2000 - but they were seperated when it happened). I was leary, I had just gotten out of a HORRIBLE relationship, and was ready to just chill for awhile.

Anyway, I went over to his house with her, met him, hung out for a bit, and then her and I went out and got drunk. He had Amanda that night, but he had asked me to come over later "if I felt like it".

We went on our first real date the following Friday, if you want to call it that. He brought his friends, I brought my friends, but we ended up going home together. ;) We went to the local pub and drank, danced, and just got to know each other.

We dated for the next year, until spring of 2001 came around and then we decided maybe we should try dating others. It wasn't that we weren't getting along, I think we both just felt like we were into something that was "too good to be true". So we both dated others for about 2 months, but still talked almost every day and still hung out. Finally we said screw it, we want to be together, exclusively. I moved in his house in September 2001, and then changed my address in January of 2002.

Vinny and I NEVER did fight, we always got along so good. Yeah, we had a few disagreements, but never actually argued, or anything along those lines. If we got mad at each other, we just walked away, and then made up later.

He always told me (and others), he wished he would have met me before his other two wives. But at least he got Amanda out of one of the marriages.

We ran off to Las Vegas and got married on May 28, 2006. We weren't even married a year. :( But at least I got to spend almost 7 years with him, and I'll always be thankful for that. :angel:

5.0calypso93lx
04-25-2007, 04:18 PM
Met my wife while out with Rick(331twistedwedge)..

Man, thats a scary thought. I would have guessed all the waitresses would be running away in tears after seeing ricky :lol: :lol:

firestang70
04-25-2007, 04:29 PM
I met my wife while working for a private ambulance company. I thought she was hot but, never thought more of it(she was married at the time). I was her trainer for her orientation. Found out she was going thru a divorce. Months went by and we saw each other. She asked me when I was going to ask her out. I gave her my number and told her to call when the dust settled. Suprisingly she called me months later. We went out and the rest was history. We dated for 1 year, engaged 1 year, now been married 9 years. Four awesome kids Matthew 18, Caitie 12, Jarrett and Lauren 7. She still thinks I'm hotter than Georgia Asphalt in August! LOL

aperacer
04-25-2007, 05:24 PM
guys night out.. "she was one of the guys at that time" i figured she would hook up with a buddy of mine...turns out it was me. dated for a couple weeks and the perposed. she gave me many chances to get out of it. a year later we got married and have been for almost 14 years now.

white01
04-25-2007, 05:34 PM
I meet my wife at a local park. I was there with my daughter from my first marriage and she was there with her boys. My daughter wanted her to push her on the swings, we started talking. The funny thing is at the end of the evening we both left and neither of us knew each others name. I knew where she worked as a waitress, so I went to have breakfast there. She was there and we talked for a while. The rest is history. We were married 3 years ago. I love her.

Rich

Pops Fun
04-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Hi
A long long time ago in a place far away.....

In October of 19 and 65 my brother was dating a girl who had an older sister, the rest is history. Her mother hated my bike. :lol: Funny the things you remember. Married 40 years this november something... :eek: we were both to young ;) . Three wonderful kids, 7 grandkids and 2 or 3 marriage counslers later. (Make up sex is the best) we still put up with each other...:D

Pops

Black92LX
04-25-2007, 05:46 PM
maybe i'll be able to tell you some day:lol:

331TwistedWedge
04-25-2007, 06:13 PM
Man, thats a scary thought. I would have guessed all the waitresses would be running away in tears after seeing ricky :lol: :lol:

you had to drag me into this thread ... lol ... wait until i see larry :lol: :lol: :lol:

beefcake
04-25-2007, 06:20 PM
wife saw me a bar one night,

asked a girl that was hangin out with me whom she knew about me

she gave her some info, she started hangin out at the bar i was bouncing at, never introduced herself though,

i stopped her one night being silly, she hit the brakes, been together ever since

08 Vette
04-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Met my wife at a toga party, going on 24 years now!

95redstang
04-25-2007, 07:10 PM

I think that's when Ricky was lifting big time...He was freakin huge...

MADMOD
04-25-2007, 07:17 PM
I met my gf through some friends. They invited me over for alittle party they were having and they told me they had someone they wanted me to meet. Had a few drinks...She crushed a 40oz and I was in love from there on out. Going on 3 years now.

ruby71oh
04-25-2007, 10:17 PM
My husband is best friends with my cousin who played in a band. I went out to see my cousin play and he was there. Started talking to him and it was like talking to a wall. The next weekend, I planned on going to see my cousin play again and Gus was there. This time, conversation improved and we started talking. That was May 16, 1998. He proposed May 16, 1999 and we were married Sept 16, 2000 and Holly was lucky enough to see me. She even helped me move into my house a few weeks later and that's when she was questioned. Liked her then and have loved her ever since!

TheGirlfriend
04-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Joe and I went to high school together. Met him when I was 15. We were in band together, how romantic. (This one time, at band camp!) He used to get in my locker at school leave notes until I changed lockers and then he used to steal the lunches of the guy who took my locker. We dated other people, but remained friends. He went into the army after HS and called me when he was home on leave. When he got out of the army, we were both broken up with our then dates and started hanging out and going to bars. Well, he started getting jealous when I would talk to other guys and vise versa, so we decided to try dating exclusively. After 6 years of dating, he proposed at Ground Round at the bar and a year later we were married. We are celebrating 11 years Friday the 27th! It hasn't been easy, but it's been fun! And it's never been boring!

FlatlineCowboy
04-25-2007, 10:38 PM
Met my wife summer of 2001 while cruising Middletown one day. Dated off/on and have been happily married for almost 2 years this May.

Dipstick
04-26-2007, 12:09 AM
Met my fiance 2 years ago online. First time doing something like that so I had my doubts. Proposed to her 1.3 years later and we are getting married next saturday.May 5th. We are kinda like Holly and Vinny. Never fight. Rarely argue and when we do we walk away and make up later.

Camaro86SHOCKER
04-26-2007, 05:29 AM
girl number 1...neighbor down the street...oh what she taught me.
girl number 2...Another girl that lived on my street, she was easy
girl number 3...Friend of mines ex-girlfreind, her parents caught us on their bed
girl number 4...First girl on my streets best friend...yeah they were into eachtoher too...

Should i go on? theres about 20 or so more, cant quite remember all their names.
Hey i'm not married? this is all i have to share....

DSSKing68
04-26-2007, 06:26 AM
Two words....

Soccer Mom!!

Her daughter and mine played on the same select soccer team.

Hey Brian and Lisa, do tell how you met!!! :bigthumb

RACEME
04-26-2007, 07:21 AM
I was on my way home from seeing Cathouse Crunch play (Vinny's band). I had more than a little "captain in me", and stopped at the local water'n hole for just one more. This chick I had never seen before starts hitting on me, and this Monday makes our third wedding anniversary.

*I guess I better get on finding a present!*

Holly
04-26-2007, 08:44 AM
He proposed May 16, 1999 and we were married Sept 16, 2000 and Holly was lucky enough to see me. She even helped me move into my house a few weeks later and that's when she was questioned. Liked her then and have loved her ever since!

The first time I met Vinny's family was the day before Deanne's wedding! Vinny told me if I could make it through that, he knew I'd be okay with his family (THEY ARE A VERY LARGE FAMILY!). I helped decorate the hall with his mom and cousins the day before the wedding, didn't get to spend much time with Dee (she probably thought I wasn't going to stick around at the time), but now we are the best of friends. I couldn't ask for a better in-law family. ;)

Rich
04-26-2007, 10:11 AM
wife saw me a bar one night,

asked a girl that was hangin out with me whom she knew about me

she gave her some info, she started hangin out at the bar i was bouncing at, never introduced herself though,

i stopped her one night being silly, she hit the brakes, been together ever since

Pure Beefcake right there....

MrsAPE
04-26-2007, 10:13 AM
guys night out.. "she was one of the guys at that time" i figured she would hook up with a buddy of mine...turns out it was me. dated for a couple weeks and the perposed. she gave me many chances to get out of it. a year later we got married and have been for almost 14 years now.

he forgot to say how he won me in a game of pool. just took a couple years for us to actually get together.

not always been easy...but i love him. bad spelling and all.

beefcake
04-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Pure Beefcake right there....

lol

thats how i dooz it baby

Xuzhu
04-26-2007, 02:06 PM
My story is quite classy. After work one night (getting out at 11pm) I met bkstang95 over at Scotty's, downed 2 pitchers of the $5 Miller High Life, then he said his buddy's girlfriend's sister was in town, so we went over there. I drank a few more beers, ate a hot dog, then went on the patio and puked everywhere. The next night they came out with us too, but I didn't puke, then she went home to Boston. Randomly through the next couple months we would drunk dial each other and eventually it turned into an everyday thing and a $300 a month cell phone bill for her (Nextel's free incoming calls rocks btw) and skip forth all the other junk she moved from Boston and now we have a yuppie apartment together in Mason.

holeshot
04-26-2007, 02:12 PM
I was on my way home from seeing Cathouse Crunch play (Vinny's band). I had more than a little "captain in me", and stopped at the local water'n hole for just one more. This chick I had never seen before starts hitting on me, and this Monday makes our third wedding anniversary.

*I guess I better get on finding a present!*

Tim, you actually met a girl in Batesville? lol. I think they all left!!

5.0calypso93lx
04-26-2007, 02:23 PM
My story is quite classy. After work one night (getting out at 11pm) I met bkstang95 over at Scotty's, downed 2 pitchers of the $5 Miller High Life, then he said his buddy's girlfriend's sister was in town, so we went over there. I drank a few more beers, ate a hot dog, then went on the patio and puked everywhere. The next night they came out with us too, but I didn't puke, then she went home to Boston. Randomly through the next couple months we would drunk dial each other and eventually it turned into an everyday thing and a $300 a month cell phone bill for her (Nextel's free incoming calls rocks btw) and skip forth all the other junk she moved from Boston and now we have a yuppie apartment together in Mason.

I wish that place would keep a name for more than a couple months... What is it now, Cavanaugh's or something?

NXcoupe
04-26-2007, 02:58 PM
Hmmm, how to explain this... Well, I was asked to stay a little late after classes were over for the day to show a Parent and her son around the school. He was interested in the program I taught. I met her and for once in my life was caught a little short on words. Then came 'bring your parent to lab day'(he did come into my program), and I couldn't keep from looking at her. WEll, she was married, so was I at the time, and as time has a way of doing it, I found myself in the middle of a divorce. I started dating a lady, and one day my student's mom came by and told me she was getting a divorce too(about 3 months after mine began). I was dating someone then, but she asked if she could call and just talk(that's the way they work ya), I said cool and gave her my number. We bacame friends, helping each other cope a little being in the same boat and all. Well my g/f at the time started acting the fool, so after a few weeks Donna called and asked if I wanted to go get some food, and well, now she moved in nearly two years later. It's been great, I'm a jerk and hard to live with, she's a saint, so we work well together, and she treats my little girl like her own, which is very hard to find and worth it's weight in gold! Couldn't ask for a better person to share my life with, I finally had a lucky streak.

MsBlkramair
04-26-2007, 06:00 PM
Long story short........we both worked for the same company, both married to others at the time, and work rivals (constantly competing). After 6-8 months we started having feelings for each other. Then we both seaparated fro our spouses, moved in together (got divorced) and then married each other 2 years later. Yeah......we were bad......but it was so good!

Dipstick
04-27-2007, 01:12 PM
Hmmm, how to explain this... Well, I was asked to stay a little late after classes were over for the day to show a Parent and her son around the school. He was interested in the program I taught. I met her and for once in my life was caught a little short on words. Then came 'bring your parent to lab day'(he did come into my program), and I couldn't keep from looking at her. WEll, she was married, so was I at the time, and as time has a way of doing it, I found myself in the middle of a divorce. I started dating a lady, and one day my student's mom came by and told me she was getting a divorce too(about 3 months after mine began). I was dating someone then, but she asked if she could call and just talk(that's the way they work ya), I said cool and gave her my number. We bacame friends, helping each other cope a little being in the same boat and all. Well my g/f at the time started acting the fool, so after a few weeks Donna called and asked if I wanted to go get some food, and well, now she moved in nearly two years later. It's been great, I'm a jerk and hard to live with, she's a saint, so we work well together, and she treats my little girl like her own, which is very hard to find and worth it's weight in gold! Couldn't ask for a better person to share my life with, I finally had a lucky streak.

We all like Donna too!

dedpedal
04-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Amy and I met through a chatroom. We allways talked in PMs about whatever goofball was the entertainment for the night. We went out on a couple dates and realized that we wernt ready for the attraction we felt towards each other. We dated other people but still talked in chat. One night she asked me to talk dirty to her, so I came up with things like "Greasy ball joints, dirty engine diaper, broken camshaft, stroker crank... " At some point in 03 we were both single again and began hanging out at Dickmanns (you can feel the love we have for that place) and talking over a few beers ( she nursed her way thru 2 before driving home). One night she told me to come over and keep her company and the rest is history. She is my world and I feel that Im hers as well. Sometimes best friends DO make best lovers.

fst 5pto
04-30-2007, 07:48 PM

We can tell you love her very much Drew :D

shep
05-02-2007, 10:21 PM
someday when i find her ill write this romantic story of how i probably found her in the classiest place (cheviot bar) and swept her off her feet with my suave words (slurred words) and my wonderful looks (5 inch multicolored mohawk) and drive off into the sunset (pass out on the bar).....that will be a great story

Carl
05-03-2007, 11:16 AM
I was walking through the mall and saw Jen with two of her friends. I was talking to Matt(Ponyman) on the phone at the time actually, just being really loud trying to catch some attention(I know, I know). Well she came over and we started talking, she tried hooking me up with one of her friends but that never panned out so we hooked up and have been together for over 2 years now.

Black92LX
05-29-2007, 01:39 AM
Was at a girls house one night/morning and she pointed at a piture of herself with another young lady and said "What about her?" To which I responded
"What about her?". Then she said "Would you go out with her?" I promptly said
"Hell Yeah"
She then sent her a text message saying she had someone for her to meet. I was given her phone number. So i called we went out she promptly called the friend that hooked us up and said it was the best date she had ever been on.
And history is still being made!
And yes she drives a Mustang:bigthumb