PDA

View Full Version : Car won't start everytime

jlt2006
04-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Last night before dinner, stopped at a store for a few things. Came out and all the car would do is click once when trying to start it. After about thirty tries, it finally started. No other problems the other four or five times starting it last night.

Get in car to go to work this AM and same dam thing. Clicks once. After a number of tries, it started. Got to work and restarted fine.

Not knowing if your car will start is a little frustrating.

This is in 06. Any

I am thinking starter or activation switch on clutch pedal.

Scott, I may be bringing it down soon if this keeps up.

bobtsgt
04-26-2007, 11:39 AM
you can always bypass the clutch switch and see it that helps

mustangrfast88
04-26-2007, 12:39 PM
i would be taking it in to the shop with it being a 06 and all

ponymom05
04-26-2007, 04:18 PM
Gosh Jeff, your signature says it all doesn't it? Hope you get this worked out soon.

aperacer
04-26-2007, 04:35 PM
i would say if it clicks its not the clutch switch. sounds more like the starter or loose battery cable. sounds more like starter though

BigBadStang
04-26-2007, 06:52 PM
goofy $hit can drive you nuts!!
i had an EXP that if you started it up you could drive it across country...IF you never shut it off. you shut it off, and it would not start on its own for 6-8 hours...no $hit! jumping wouldnt do squat either, but you could roll start it. never did figure that one out...work beater...lol!

like someone else said...being an 06, i wouldnt fuk with it, should still be under warranty unless its got a ton of miles on it.
good luck man!

Reef Blue LX
04-26-2007, 07:12 PM
I have a 91 ford truck that done the same thing. I bought it new and it was still under warranty. I took it to the dealer several times and they couldn't find anything wrong. Finally I had had enough and started looking for loose connections and found that the small wire attached to the starter solenoid was lose, I took a pair of pliers and crimped the connector a little and the the problem has been gone ever since. Whel the dealer inspected it everything looked fine, and I would not have found it either if I hadn't started checking connections myself.