PDA

View Full Version : Coil Over Conversion Done!

331TwistedWedge
04-29-2007, 07:53 PM
Thanks Chris (93 Coupe) for the Lakewood 90/10's, 14" 175 lb springs & the UPR tubular a-arms ... good person to deal with - this makes 2 times, lol ...

i ditched the tubular a-arms for the stock perch type, i didnt like the extra 1" the upr's gave - as far as the stance being wider ... i like the stock look ...

the car sits pretty nice, but i want it lower (figure that :rolleyes: ) so im going to order 14" 130 lb springs tomorrow - to help tuck the front wheels a little ...

i weighed the stock spring, strut and a-arm = 37.5 pounds per side ...
the aftermarket coilovers / a-arms = 22.5 pounds per side ...

a nice 30 lb savings :bigthumb

thanks to jason (jason408) for answering a few dumb questions i had ... he is a suspension guru! ... this was my first time dealing with coil overs and they are a breeze to set up! ... now i hope i can pull a 60ft time :cool1:

here are a few pics of the new stance ......

YouGotJunk
04-29-2007, 08:56 PM
That's probably the school parking lot...But your goofy ass better have laid some tubber down as you were leaving!!

mustang8998
04-29-2007, 09:10 PM
The stance looks pretty good to me. :bigthumb

I like 'em low (the lower, the better), but makes driving on the street alittle tricky.

Rob, is Ricky treading on your territory, at the school?

331TwistedWedge
04-29-2007, 09:17 PM
That's probably the school parking lot...But your goofy ass better have laid some tubber down as you were leaving!!

i took it out for a test drive ... it seems to transferring a lot better ... its NOT a school :HYF: you dumb - dumb ... its kolping softball fields ...

The stance looks pretty good to me. :bigthumb

I like 'em low (the lower, the better), but makes driving on the street alittle tricky.

Rob, is Ricky treading on your territory, at the school?

Im trying to get it a bit lower and perform at the track, its tricky - but i think i will get it there ... it will be lower next weekend ... im going to test and tune it like this first ......

NA/NOTCH
05-06-2007, 11:32 PM
it looks killer man good job hope mine turns out like that!