PDA

View Full Version : Dale Jr to drive for Ford??

mustangboy
04-30-2007, 11:41 AM
I just checked out Nascar.com to see what I missed this weekend and I saw an article about DEI and Yates in talks about merging. Sounds like they have been talking for a while and they are now working on the smaller details of the deal. The article also stated that Chevy is trying to negotiate an extension w/ DEI but they are also talking to two other manufacturers. DEI want to aquire Yates for their engine prowess and that is obviously has been Ford for many years now. I have a hard time seeing Yates starting to build another make of motor so I would assume that would have DEI leaning to go with Fords. I know that Jr has not locked down his deal w/ DEI so there is no guarantee yet that he will still be there but that would PISS OFF almost everyone of his fans if he jumps to a Ford, Dodge or even a Toyota. Oh well this could be a very interesting story to follow.

qwk93ta
04-30-2007, 11:55 AM
I don't think JR would drive anything but a chevy.....

mustangboy
04-30-2007, 12:02 PM
I could never imagine him in anthing other than a Chevy either but I don't think DEI would be wanting to aquire Yates only to have them build another brand of engine. Yates pretty much IS Ford Nascar engines. Switching to another make would probably take years to catch up on.:dunno:

Maximus
04-30-2007, 12:03 PM
When Big D was killed, I havent followed Nascar as much. Then they came out with that "Riced" out looking POS for Bristol.

RACEME
04-30-2007, 12:06 PM
That would be awesome!

Holly
04-30-2007, 12:10 PM
That would be awesome!

:agree:

Junior and Fords, what a great combination!

RACEME
04-30-2007, 12:23 PM
:agree:

Junior and Fords, what a great combination!

I have been a kenseth fan since he teamed up with DeWalt. I have ALOT of yellow tools, so I figured that would be the correct ford car to root for as I figure my tool $$ helps even though it probably doesn't matter.

Now if we get Jr. driving a Bud/Ford car....I'm all for it!

Ranger50
04-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Does it really matter anymore?

Soon it will be a "world" engine, which will be GM based on the newest available R07 castings I have seen :eek:, in a "world" car, the Car of Tomorrow, with a "world" driver, insert someone or anyone here..... The only difference will be stickers.

JMO.
Brian

wild87stang
04-30-2007, 12:59 PM
Heck i say get rid of the ristrictor plate and let them build their motors how they want and the best car and driver wins! The way they have it now is every car being equal wich in a way is good but in a way sucks cause you have to build by their rules and cant build your own motor like bill elliots brother use to build for the number 9 car being down two laps and coming back to win the race at that time and being clocked at i belive was over 200 mph cant remeber was impressive now its your lucky to get to 200 mph anymore!

Gene
04-30-2007, 01:01 PM

Soon it will be a "world" engine, which will be GM based on the newest available R07 castings I have seen :eek:, in a "world" car, the Car of Tomorrow, with a "world" driver, insert someone or anyone here..... The only difference will be stickers.

JMO.
Brian

What's sad is that you're probably right.

PonymanfiveO
04-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Heck i say get rid of the ristrictor plate and let them build their motors how they want and the best car and driver wins! The way they have it now is every car being equal wich in a way is good but in a way sucks cause you have to build by their rules and cant build your own motor like bill elliots brother use to build for the number 9 car being down two laps and coming back to win the race at that time and being clocked at i belive was over 200 mph cant remeber was impressive now its your lucky to get to 200 mph anymore!

I got a better rule. Make the driver of the car build the engine...anything he wants.:bigthumb

wild87stang
04-30-2007, 01:19 PM
I got a better rule. Make the driver of the car build the engine...anything he wants.:bigthumb

Thats would be very interesting!

dedpedal
04-30-2007, 05:51 PM
Look at what happened when John Force jumped from Pontiac to Ford. I know theres not a real Ford part on the car, unless its the decals on the body. He was allways one of my fav drivers.

Dirtyd0g
05-01-2007, 08:45 AM
Why does everybody like Junior so much? Because his daddy could race? I have actually met him seems to be an alright guy. He is polite unlike Tony Stewart who is a jack***. If you ask me who's the better racer tho I'd have to say Tony. Or even Jeff for that matter. I have never met Jeff. I did have a few minutes to talk with Mark Martin on a plane to vegas once. He was really cool, but I didn't want to bug him. Mark always has been and probably always will be my favorite even if he did get put in a chevy this year which surprised me.
Alan

02mingryGT
05-01-2007, 09:04 AM
All the Ford engines are Yates/Roush engines. Both teams started building engines together a couple of years ago. It would be hilarious to see Junior in a Ford. I don't think he is as loyal to a particular make like Dale Sr. There aren't very many drivers anymore who are. And remember Dale Sr won his first Nascar championship in a Ford.

I like Dale Jr. personally. My nickname for him is "Ol Pussy and Beer", because all he's worried about is pussy and beer. Which is why he won't win a championship until he cuts back on both. I think that was what Teresa was alluding to when she made that comment about him being "Hollywood". People made a big deal about that but his Daddy would have said the same thing and put a boot in his ass.

Tony Stewart was doing an interview over the weekend at Bristol and they were talking about the new Nascar 07 game. He was asked who he would be in the game and he wasn't allowed to be himself. His answer was ,"Mark Martin because he's my hero." The other cool thing about that interview was when it was going on the fly over guys (F-18's I think) we're flying over and it was loud as hell. The reporter flinched everytime they flew over and made the comment that it scared him every time they did that. Tony's response was "It doesn't scare me it makes me feel safe".....way cool. Tony may be a jackass sometimes but he's probably a throwback to a driver 20 years ago with a personality instead of all these cardboard cut out guys we have now.

SS ETR
05-01-2007, 09:33 AM
JR goes with Ford he might start winning!

Mr.Moontang
05-01-2007, 09:44 AM
"All the Ford engines are Yates/Roush engines. Both teams started building engines together a couple of years ago. It would be hilarious to see Junior in a Ford. I don't think he is as loyal to a particular make like Dale Sr. There aren't very many drivers anymore who are. And remember Dale Sr won his first Nascar championship in a Ford."

I thought he won his 1st championship in the Wrangler Montecarlo...but he did win his first race in a pink Ford. Jr. would loose a big endorsment deal with Chevy if he drove for Ford.

mustangboy
05-01-2007, 09:57 AM
Jr. would loose a big endorsment deal with Chevy if he drove for Ford

Yeah but think what Ford, Dodge or especially Toyota would pay to get him. I do probably agree w/ what was said about the world engine. Honestly thought the further NASCAR gets from its roots the worse it is going to hurt itself. The hardcore fans that have been around for years won't buy into the whole idea and the fans who got into it because it was the cool thing will move on to the next fad and NASCAR will be left w/ no one.

Dirtyd0g
05-01-2007, 10:27 AM
I think Tony Has turned a new leaf lately. I ran into him the year after he won the championship and he wasn't very pleasant. I think reality has had time to set back in the same stuff happened to Kurt Busch. I think everyone out there wants to see Mark win a championship. I was surprised he did miss out on a few races I really think he could have done it this year. He is still off to a very good start. Nascar fans aren't what they used to be. they used to be people who really got into motorsports. Anymore it's just people that go because it's cool to. However hot nearly naked women are more popular to see there so it's not all bad.
Alan

Sharad
05-01-2007, 12:22 PM
JR goes with Ford he might start winning!

I wish this was true... unfortunately, Ford has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for Chevy this year.

02mingryGT
05-01-2007, 02:27 PM
"All the Ford engines are Yates/Roush engines. Both teams started building engines together a couple of years ago. It would be hilarious to see Junior in a Ford. I don't think he is as loyal to a particular make like Dale Sr. There aren't very many drivers anymore who are. And remember Dale Sr won his first Nascar championship in a Ford."

I thought he won his 1st championship in the Wrangler Montecarlo...but he did win his first race in a pink Ford. Jr. would loose a big endorsment deal with Chevy if he drove for Ford.

Your right....lol. He did drive for Bud Moore but didn't win diddly. My bad...:HYF:

Gene
05-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Yeah but think what Ford, Dodge or especially Toyota would pay to get him. I do probably agree w/ what was said about the world engine. Honestly thought the further NASCAR gets from its roots the worse it is going to hurt itself. The hardcore fans that have been around for years won't buy into the whole idea and the fans who got into it because it was the cool thing will move on to the next fad and NASCAR will be left w/ no one.

It's already happening. NASCAR's ratings are already down over their 2004 and 2005 numbers. Things like the "Car of Tomorrow" only serve to alienate their core audience, as does taking away races from the south (like the Southern 500 at Darlington) and moving them to western and northern markets. Sponsors are starting to get harder to find, and it's only a matter of time before the big three start questioning whether or not dumping hundreds of millions of dollars into NASCAR is a smart investment.

I have a ton of respect for Tony Stewart for finally calling the "debris yellow" bullshit for what it is...rigging the race. Granted, that's a time-honored France family tradition, but it use to be handled a lot more subtly.

I'm watching this possible reunification of Champ Car and IRL with interest. The meteoric rise of NASCAR came at the same time that Tony George single-handedly destroyed open wheel racing (and the Indy 500) in this country by splitting the IRL off from CART. If open-wheel racing gets their shit together and can start promoting the series like they did in the 80s and early 90s, I think we could see a serious threat to NASCAR in the next decade. Also, if Jerry Carroll wins his lawsuit (http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/Opinion/Columnists/Motorsport/racMOTO042907.htm) and the Frances are forced to separate ISC and NASCAR, there could be a substantial change in the way that NASCAR does business, which could only be good for the sport (and could hopefully put a stop to this CoT crap).

02mingryGT
05-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Main reason for COT is safety and expense. You can use the same car for small, medium and super speedways. The COT was supposed to solve aero-push but it doesn't appear to have done that. The do look like ricers though.....lol.
George did what he did because of the cost of running a CART car. The IRL is a much more competitive series IMO.
Junior is an employee of DEI. If he signs a contract to drive next year with them and they go to Ford's my guess is he's SOL.
Mark Martin is my favorite driver and has been since Davey Allison died. He's like the Dan Marino of racing. I did hear rumors that Ginn Racing may go to Ford's next year.

firestang70
05-01-2007, 04:07 PM
Yates used to build Chevy engines. Sr. always preferred Chevys. Jr. is a pretty loyal Chevy guy. Yates has wanted a diminished role for awhile now. He almost had a deal inked with Robby Gordon taking part ownership. In todays climate anything could happen. If a merger would happen Yates people would be working on GM engines. Will be interested in what will happen.

thejock60
05-02-2007, 01:24 AM
Junior is an employee of DEI. If he signs a contract to drive next year with them and they go to Ford's my guess is he's SOL.

now its your lucky to get to 200 mph anymore!

they were running over 200 this weekend, and the only way junior resigns is he gets 51% control of dei so in the end it would be his call if he resigns...He's going to be in a RCR car or a Hendricks car next year:bigthumb

Katmandu
05-02-2007, 02:54 AM

JMO.
Brian

NASCAR is turning into the old IROC series. :rolleyes: