PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever returned a craftsman jack? warrant?

5.0calypso93lx
04-30-2007, 11:43 AM
I have a craftsman jack that quit working on me. I'm thinking its the seals because I can pump the jack up, but as soon as it gets some weight on it, pumping it does nothing. Can I return this to sears and get a new one? I don't have a receipt or any of the original box either. Thanks

bobtsgt
04-30-2007, 11:49 AM
you could call up Sears and ask them. Its a tool so I would say yes.

Kevin Doe
04-30-2007, 11:57 AM
How long have you had it? Only their hand tools offer a lifetime warrenty. You might just have air in the system. It might need a bleed/fill.

5.0calypso93lx
04-30-2007, 12:01 PM
How long have you had it? Only their hand tools offer a lifetime warrenty. You might just have air in the system. It might need a bleed/fill.

I'm sure it's a couple of years old. Its a black and yellow one, not the aluminum red and silver ones. Know of somewhere where I can read up on bleeding/filling? I'll try to see if this jack is still on their website, and see if they have instructions there.

PonymanfiveO
04-30-2007, 01:10 PM
Im pretty sure their warranty is for hand tools only. Ive gone through three or four Craftsman floor jacks in the past ten years and a 1/2" torque wrench. they would'nt replace any of it.

5.0calypso93lx
04-30-2007, 01:11 PM
Im pretty sure their warranty is for hand tools only. Ive gone through three or four Craftsman floor jacks in the past ten years and a 1/2" torque wrench. they would'nt replace any of it.

Well that sucks. Thats what I figured. Now I remember why I hate all craftsman jacks!

95redstang
04-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Well that sucks. Thats what I figured. Now I remember why I hate all craftsman jacks!

Sears told me it was just for hand tools..I bought a nice lawnmower from them last year and 2 weeks ago the engine throttle cable broke on it..They wouldn't replace or fix it.. So I had to order the damn part for $23.00 and wait about 4 days till it came in..

BigBadStang
04-30-2007, 01:32 PM
after i had 2 crapsman jacks take a $hit in a matter of 5 years, i refused to buy another.
i bought an ATD (advanced tool design) 3 ton and it has been flawless. going on 11 years old now. paid more, but saved in the long run due to the crapsmans track record.

5.0calypso93lx
04-30-2007, 01:52 PM
after i had 2 crapsman jacks take a $hit in a matter of 5 years, i refused to buy another.
i bought an ATD (advanced tool design) 3 ton and it has been flawless. going on 11 years old now. paid more, but saved in the long run due to the crapsmans track record.

No kidding, no wonder my dad just gave me this jack. He also has one of those "nice" red and silver aluminum snap on jack, and its not broken yet, but it might as well be, as long as it takes to jack something up. His Snap On jack is AWESOME.

Kevin Doe
04-30-2007, 02:12 PM
I have an aluminum jack from craftsman. If you don't know how to function them properly they get air in them, but its a simple fix.

5.0calypso93lx
04-30-2007, 02:20 PM
I have an aluminum jack from craftsman. If you don't know how to function them properly they get air in them, but its a simple fix.

I "function" the Snap On jack and the craftsman jack the EXACT same way, and the Snap On jack is the only one that still works.

Mind telling me the simple fix?? :)

Kevin Doe
04-30-2007, 02:31 PM
In the box with the craftsman jack I believe it says never turn the handle counterclockwise mroe than 1/2 or 1 full turn, otherwise you'll get air int eh system.

open the fil plug, loosend the handle 1ish turn. pump the handle several times slowly. Then fill the cylinder till its full. Re-cap. Enjoy.

5.0calypso93lx
04-30-2007, 02:38 PM
In the box with the craftsman jack I believe it says never turn the handle counterclockwise mroe than 1/2 or 1 full turn, otherwise you'll get air int eh system.

open the fil plug, loosend the handle 1ish turn. pump the handle several times slowly. Then fill the cylinder till its full. Re-cap. Enjoy.

Sounds easy enough, I'll give it a try. Still retarded IMO though, not very user friendly if thats the case about turning the handle cc more than 1 full turn.

Kevin Doe
04-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Why would you ever need to turn it more? It releases in like 1/2 or 3/4 turn.

R825OH
04-30-2007, 05:35 PM
Yeah I broke mine , they wanted me to pay for a tech to look at it and tell me it was broke,no shit thats why I brought it to ya!! Lifetime warranty only on hand tools

theyallslow
04-30-2007, 06:56 PM
I have had the same thing happen like 3 times now. 93blacktruck, capristang and I have all gone back to eastgate and made them take them back. they warranty is only for hand tools, that is true but I pull out the customer satisfaction. and they gives new ones.

BigBadStang
05-01-2007, 12:31 AM
btw...i just now noticed your new sig pic. looks better finished up! :bigthumb:

Dirtyd0g
05-01-2007, 08:39 AM
My crapsman jack broke too. It still goes up and down but you have to hold the handle down or the car will go down and the handle will go up. Valve or something I suppose. I like their jackstands the jacks suck.
Alan