PDA

View Full Version : Acura Sports Car Challage

OrangeStang04
04-30-2007, 03:20 PM
Is anyone planning on heading up to Mid-Ohio for the American LeMans Series race? It is a weekend deal with the IndyCar Series racing there as well...

It is July 20-22.. more info can be found at the Mid-Ohio website:
http://www.midohio.com/

It looks to be a great weekend of racing and the drive up there is pretty damn nice!!

"Battling for 2 hours and 45 minutes, sleek Le Mans Prototypes will battle with thundering muscle cars for both overall and class titles during the American Le Mans Series’ Acura Sportscar Challenge. The event weekend will display the fastest sports cars in the world with elite automotive manufacturers such as Acura, Porsche, Audi, BMW, Aston Martin, Corvette and others competing for top honors.The event weekend will showcase racing from not only the American Le Mans Series, but the IndyCar Series as well. This combined event is poised to be the largest and most significant motorsports event in the state of Ohio. Live national television coverage will emanate from CBS for the American Le Mans Series and ABC coverage will follow the IndyCar Series race. The event will be one of three in which the American Le Mans Series and the IndyCar Series will run jointly in 2007."

Mista Bone
04-30-2007, 04:34 PM
lets just say I was sitting in a R10 yesterday :)

Gene
04-30-2007, 04:45 PM
I'll be heading up on Sunday, most likely. I'm going to try to beat up my Audi rep and get some tickets and paddock passes.

Open wheel racing at Mid-Ohio is awesome. I miss going to the CART races up there in the 90s.

Evil_Capri
05-03-2007, 09:53 PM
I think I will be heading up as well. I might camp out Saturday night.

I think I am also going up for the Rolex/Koni Challenge in June.