PDA

View Full Version : Article about Vinny in the latest Race Pages!!!

Mr.Moontang
04-30-2007, 07:18 PM
Got my latest shippment of the NMRA Race Pages today and Jason Reis has a nice 1/2 page article on Vinny.:angel:

Stangman
04-30-2007, 07:21 PM
where do i get that magazine Scott?

PonymanfiveO
04-30-2007, 09:04 PM
I'll hafta stop by Cincy Speed and grab mine.

theyallslow
04-30-2007, 09:12 PM
scott, can you bring it to the wednesday night meet.

Jeff88coupe
04-30-2007, 09:20 PM
Can someone with a copy of the article scan and post it so we all can read it.

Ranger50
04-30-2007, 09:36 PM
Can someone with a copy of the article scan and post it so we all can read it.

+1. :)

Maximus
04-30-2007, 10:19 PM
I got two stacks at work and didnt have a chance to look at em :(

MrsAPE
05-01-2007, 07:44 AM
gotta send hubby off to cincy speed to get ours!!

Stangman
05-01-2007, 07:49 AM
Hmm... now i gotta find Cincy Speed and hope i get there before they close one day....

dedpedal
05-01-2007, 07:55 AM
Ill be around to get a copy asap.

Holly
05-01-2007, 10:08 AM
Save me as many copies as you can Scott. My family all wants a copy and I need to send Vinny's mom and sis one too.

Sorry I did not call you back last night, my roofing guys stopped over and we made plans for that to get done this Saturday! Yay, new roof!

Mr.Moontang
05-01-2007, 10:19 AM
Save me as many copies as you can Scott. My family all wants a copy and I need to send Vinny's mom and sis one too.

Sorry I did not call you back last night, my roofing guys stopped over and we made plans for that to get done this Saturday! Yay, new roof!

No problem Holly, just let me know when you want to stop by the house or you could meet me at the Wednesday night get together.

Black Horse
05-01-2007, 10:28 AM
Scan it in so we can ALL see it!

Bluecrew07
05-01-2007, 10:38 AM
I have the race pages at home wich issue is it in. im not sure if i got the new one yet or not?

Black Hole
05-01-2007, 10:44 AM
I'd like to get a copy if possible.

RACEME
05-01-2007, 11:31 AM
I just got one from cincy speed. I will scan it in and get it posted pretty soon.

Holly
05-01-2007, 11:45 AM
I just got one from cincy speed. I will scan it in and get it posted pretty soon.

Get on it Tim!

:lol:

ps Thanks, can't wait to see it.

Silver Bullet
05-01-2007, 11:52 AM
Just got my copy.... Good to see you Tim and Jeff.

RACEME
05-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Holly I emailed it to you. The stupid scanner here made the picture 4.5 megs, so I can not post it.

Jeff88coupe
05-01-2007, 12:15 PM
You can email it to me Tim if you want...I can host it on my flickr photosite and then link it to this page. Jeff88coupe@nuvox.net

RACEME
05-01-2007, 12:18 PM
You can email it to me Tim if you want...I can host it on my flickr photosite and then link it to this page. Jeff88coupe@nuvox.net

Done.

Black Horse
05-01-2007, 12:49 PM
That's what I like about this place - Teamwork!

Jeff88coupe
05-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Well crap...for some reason it's not showing up on flickr after i upload it..maybe because it's a .tif file format?

RACEME
05-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Well crap...for some reason it's not showing up on flickr after i upload it..maybe because it's a .tif file format?

I tried saving it as a jpeg and a bmp and they were huge also.

Maximus
05-01-2007, 12:57 PM
I just read it....:(

Black Horse
05-01-2007, 12:58 PM
If you can't get it up - send it to me and I'll see what I can do.

Maximus
05-01-2007, 01:02 PM
If you can't get it up - send it to me and I'll see what I can do.

If I wasnt so sad right now, I would have to give you some shit bout that comment:(

PonymanfiveO
05-01-2007, 01:08 PM
If I wasnt so sad right now, I would have to give you some shit bout that comment:(

I got it....

Black Horse= If you can't get it up - send it to me and I'll see what I can do.

try humming while its in your mouth...and juggle the the balls. If that dont work tickle the taint.

:flipoff: :bigthumb

Maximus
05-01-2007, 01:13 PM
I got it....

try humming while its in your mouth...and juggle the the balls. If that dont work tickle the taint.

:flipoff: :bigthumb

Thanks guy.:bigthumb

Black Horse
05-01-2007, 01:26 PM
Here you all go - exported it over into .pdf (Adobe) so everyone can read it and keep the bandwidth down.

I'm not a fluffer.....but it does sound like you both have experience.. :flipoff:

Black Hole
05-01-2007, 01:27 PM
Craig....get on AIM....I have an idea that I think you'll like....

Mista Bone
05-01-2007, 01:38 PM
how do I turn the monitor on it's side to read that file?

Thanks Dave.

RACEME
05-01-2007, 02:05 PM
for those that dont have adobe

ADaughen
05-01-2007, 02:06 PM
how do I turn the monitor on it's side to read that file?

Thanks Dave.

LOL, if you haven't noticed the PDF has a "flip" function at the top. :bigthumb

MADMOD
05-01-2007, 04:50 PM
:( Rest in Peace Brother :(

MrsAPE
05-01-2007, 04:57 PM
*passes around tissue box*

ruby71oh
05-01-2007, 07:10 PM
Can't quite read it yet. Had a hard time at the house when they started the car and seeing it at QS &L. Maybe in the next few days. Thanks to everyone for the support and care to Hollly and this site.

quik lx
05-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Yep...still hurts:(

MrsAPE
05-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Yep...still hurts:(

it always will :(

Carl
05-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Craig, stash a copy for me PLEASE. I will be in town next weekend to get it from you. Thanks!!

Blacksunshine
05-01-2007, 10:04 PM
it always will :(
Yep , it always will hurt but, we all got together this weekend and celibrated our passion for cars because of one person.... Vinny !!! Thanks again Vinny ,and all of you that make this place the best ever...Stangbangerz...Say it with Pride !!!:bigthumb

ponymom05
05-01-2007, 10:41 PM
I didn't know Vinny as well as most of you, but I feel the love everyone had for him. I hope maybe the following words will bring some strength and comfort to you. I should have shared them earlier, but I wasn't comfortable with doing that yet. These thoughts were in a card that my 2 adult children gave to me after my husband's death 2 years ago. I keep this card on my dresser and read it every now and again. Somehow, it still brings me comfort. Your lives will be normal again, it just will be a new normal. Keep the faith. Love, Cathy

I’ll bet you’ve had about enough of people telling you how strong you are and how great you’re doing during this awful, difficult period in your life. Maybe you’d rather hear someone say how much this sucks, how outrageous and unfair it is.

Maybe you’d rather hear someone tell you that you don’t have to be strong all the time. Or that it’s definitely okay to curse fate and throw a tantrum or two.

So I am here to tell you all that stuff and more, to let you know where I stand, which is right in your corner. There’s no right way or wrong way at a time like this. However you work through this thing is immaterial to me.

All I care about is that you ask for what you need, lean on those who love you, and try to trust me when I say that you’ll come out on the other side.

RIP Vinny

Holly
05-02-2007, 10:34 AM
Craig, stash a copy for me PLEASE. I will be in town next weekend to get it from you. Thanks!!

When are you coming to town? Me and Kevin are probably going to head up to Columbus on Saturday (May 12), but I want to see you guys!

Pops Fun
05-02-2007, 10:52 AM
I didn't know Vinny as well as most of you, but I feel the love everyone had for him. I hope maybe the following words will bring some strength and comfort to you. I should have shared them earlier, but I wasn't comfortable with doing that yet. These thoughts were in a card that my 2 adult children gave to me after my husband's death 2 years ago. I keep this card on my dresser and read it every now and again. Somehow, it still brings me comfort. Your lives will be normal again, it just will be a new normal. Keep the faith. Love, Cathy

I’ll bet you’ve had about enough of people telling you how strong you are and how great you’re doing during this awful, difficult period in your life. Maybe you’d rather hear someone say how much this sucks, how outrageous and unfair it is.

Maybe you’d rather hear someone tell you that you don’t have to be strong all the time. Or that it’s definitely okay to curse fate and throw a tantrum or two.

So I am here to tell you all that stuff and more, to let you know where I stand, which is right in your corner. There’s no right way or wrong way at a time like this. However you work through this thing is immaterial to me.

All I care about is that you ask for what you need, lean on those who love you, and try to trust me when I say that you’ll come out on the other side.

RIP Vinny

So true !!

Brandon Alsept
05-02-2007, 08:45 PM
You can also pick them up at Modular Depot.

R825OH
05-02-2007, 09:20 PM
Its so strange , I never actually met Vinny but every time I read something about him I tear up...

Holly
05-02-2007, 10:34 PM

RIP Vinny

Thanks for sharing that - I think I was supposed to read that. ;)

From different people, phrased differently, but basically, this summarizes what I have been hearing from a lot of people in the past two months.

There’s no right way or wrong way at a time like this.[/I][/B]

That's for sure. Your mind is always going, always thinking, always remembering, your concentration level is currently out of order.

Other than my family and close friends, Stangbangerz has been the best thing to help me through all this. It was hard at first, but this place is like a second home. ;)

I'm on the computer all damn day, why am I on here at 10:30 at night? :lol:

Good night peeps.