PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to SBZ from Quaker Steak and Lube

Black Horse
05-01-2007, 02:58 PM
I received this note from Don, owner of QS&L in Milford:

"We very much enjoyed the show. You guys are absolutely First Class!!!!

I was very touched by the outpouring of the brothers within your club. Your club is what it is all about. I am very honored to have been associated with your group. If there is anything we can do to help you or anything you may want to do for Holly, I will do all I can to make it happen.

My hat is off to you. Although Vinnie’s life was brief, it was evident he was a loved and respected by many people."

I will be emailing several of the photos from our weekend's event for him to host up on the QS&L website - stay tuned to see if your car makes the site!
(By the way, if anyone does NOT want a photo of their car on his site, please let me know.)

Mr.Moontang
05-01-2007, 04:16 PM
I got the same email from him he is a top notch guy!!! He wants to have our fall cruise as well.

Holly
05-01-2007, 04:38 PM
He wants to have our fall cruise as well.

That could happen. We'll have a moderator meeting this summer to discuss where we would like to have the fall cruise-in. :D

MADMOD
05-01-2007, 04:39 PM
My hat is off to him! Not many owners of a company that size would say thanks! Hell of a guy:bigthumb :bigthumb

bcoh5gt
05-01-2007, 04:41 PM
I think they did a great job with the parking, food and waitresses were great very nice and polite even with all of us loud gear heads asking for a million things at once. It felt kinda cool to be catered to by a great place like that (QS&L). I'm up for the Fall cruise, the only downfall to that place was, the "NO BURNOUTS" we all know Vinny loved that part as much as the rest of us!!!!!!!!!! But overall OUTSTANDING EVENT , thanks

DeckerEnt
05-01-2007, 04:56 PM
QS&L was awesome. I guess we bought enough beer and food. The place was clean and inviting. Let's have the fall cruise there again. Seems like the lot was large enough for our needs. As for the burn-outs, we need to get creative for that. Think another location.
Keith

MrsAPE
05-01-2007, 05:09 PM
He wants to have our fall cruise as well.

woot....hubby promises my car will be making some serious noise by then!!

Ryan218
05-01-2007, 07:08 PM
no burnouts...thats lame...thats the best part......

mustang8998
05-01-2007, 07:36 PM
no burnouts...thats lame...thats the best part......

Burn-outs, cool! :bigthumb

Some people being stupid and nearly causing a catastrophy, not cool. :eek:

Dirtyd0g
05-02-2007, 12:57 AM
You know I really like the place. I was over there one night with the family and a group of guys was behind me all drunk carrying on screaming at the top of their lungs F this F that. F,F,F. I got sick of hearing it with children present and asked the manager to say something to them. I thought he handled it very well. I don't mind behavior like that in an adult environment like a bar but not in a family place.
Alan

dedpedal
05-02-2007, 07:48 AM
That could happen. We'll have a moderator meeting this summer to discuss where we would like to have the fall cruise-in. :D

Ive been thinking of having another "meeting" next door sometime soon. Not to really talk about things but more to just see eachother and remind us that theres a person behind all these typed words. Besides, wings and beer is allways a good thing.

OrangeStang04
05-02-2007, 08:12 AM
Ive been thinking of having another "meeting" next door sometime soon. Not to really talk about things but more to just see eachother and remind us that theres a person behind all these typed words. Besides, wings and beer is allways a good thing.

Hell Yeah!!

Pops Fun
05-02-2007, 08:32 AM

Good idea... typing is cool but in person conveys so much more..

Black Horse
05-02-2007, 10:01 AM
Quaker Steak and Lube has the weekend's photos up on their site:

www.quakersteakandlube.com
click on "Ohio-Milford"
click on "Photo Gallery"
click on "StangBangerz Car Show"
Ta-Da!!!

You all are now famous!

Mr.Moontang
05-02-2007, 10:40 AM
Thats awesome...glad they included "Twisted Twins"

Black Hole
05-02-2007, 11:15 AM
"Service Unavailable" :HYF:

Black Horse
05-02-2007, 12:30 PM
Works for me.....maybe you don't have the string pulled tight enough

MrsAPE
05-02-2007, 04:00 PM
we be famous!!

bobtsgt
05-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Don is a hell of a nice guy and to say thanks like that is a big A+ in my book

Holly
05-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Don is a hell of a nice guy and to say thanks like that is a big A+ in my book

He is a very nice guy. Scott told me he wanted to meet me, so I went up and introduced myself. He told me to let him know if I need ANYTHING, I thought that was nice of him. That was definitely the best service I ever had at Quaker Steak and Lube. The last time we went and sat inside, our service was horrible. I think that was the night Vinny said "it looks just like this, except full" - talking to the waitress about his EMPTY mug of beer. :lol:

bcoh5gt
05-02-2007, 08:16 PM
I think that was the night Vinny said "it looks just like this, except full" - talking to the waitress about his EMPTY mug of beer.

As soon as I read that I pictured him saying it. LMAO!!!!!

DeckerEnt
05-02-2007, 11:39 PM
QS&L went out of their way to make our event a great one. We should plan a few smaller get togethers this summer to show our thanks. Places like that are a dying breed. Unfortunately.
Keith

Mista Bone
05-03-2007, 04:27 AM
I've wanted to post this since Sunday when I figured out I screwed up thinking the meet was in late May.

I was afraid to post it, didn't wanna offend anyone, esp. Ms. Holly......

In Vinny's voice.........

"Man I'm busting my nutz here, what do I have to do to enjoy a show for once?"

"FOCK ME!"

Yeah, I'm sure Vinny enjoyed his view from above, but all of us wish he was present.

Holly
05-03-2007, 10:17 AM

If you guys want to get together for beers and wings at Dickmanns, that's cool, but we won't be having any more meetings there. Nobody could hear me talking last time, it was crowded, plus once again, I must mention, I cannot handle the smoke in there! It is suffocating. Not a good place for a "meeting".

I will be having a get together for the moderators (plus Matt and Tim) in July to discuss the fall cruise-in. The place is yet to be determined, but I am hoping to have it at my house. I have a good size deck and lots of lawn chairs. ;) I may even cook you all some burgers. :lol:

Holly
05-03-2007, 02:36 PM
I've wanted to post this since Sunday when I figured out I screwed up thinking the meet was in late May.

I was afraid to post it, didn't wanna offend anyone, esp. Ms. Holly......

In Vinny's voice.........

"Man I'm busting my nutz here, what do I have to do to enjoy a show for once?"

"FOCK ME!"

Yeah, I'm sure Vinny enjoyed his view from above, but all of us wish he was present.

I can also hear him saying something else, as he did almost every time he had a big turnout for something...

He would just smile really big and look at me, I'd say "what?" He'd say "I DID THIS". :lol: I know I posted this before, but it still makes me smile, he was so proud when a bunch of people and/or cars showed up at events he put together. He knew he was the one that brought everybody together. That always put a smile on his face.

Timido
05-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Yup and Dickmans in not all that convientent for the rest of us to drive 40 miles too!

Holly
05-04-2007, 10:42 AM
Yup and Dickmans in not all that convientent for the rest of us to drive 40 miles too!

Well, I know New Richmond isn't any closer for you Tim, but you know that you and Jaylynn are always welcome to spend the night. I have a spare bedroom now, with a real bed in it! :lol: Not that old lumpy thing that everybody and their brother had slept on at one time, I threw that nasty thing OUT.

RACEME
05-04-2007, 10:47 AM
40 miles...that would be nice.

Cherry Blossom
05-05-2007, 09:25 PM
I can also hear him saying something else, as he did almost every time he had a big turnout for something...

He would just smile really big and look at me, I'd say "what?" He'd say "I DID THIS". :lol: I know I posted this before, but it still makes me smile, he was so proud when a bunch of people and/or cars showed up at events he put together. He knew he was the one that brought everybody together. That always put a smile on his face.

I'd be happy to be the chef for the afternoon! I've heard the meatloaf I make is also really good "burger sized!" Just let me know!

dedpedal
05-06-2007, 08:21 AM
That was exactly my thoughts Holly. Just a bunch of us hanging out and talking. Now that its warm, the patio is open so we could all go out there and hang out.

Black Horse
05-06-2007, 08:26 AM
I'd be happy to be the chef for the afternoon! I've heard the meatloaf I make is also really good "burger sized!" Just let me know!

If you are making the meatloaf - I'll be the first one there!

dedpedal
05-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Don is a cool guy to deal with. Ive done some work out there, as most have read my "story"in the rants. He came thru when I had a couple issues to deal with on one installation.I was surprised that he himself was directing traffic at the cruise.

Holly
05-07-2007, 12:23 PM
If you are making the meatloaf - I'll be the first one there!

Me too, I was thinking about that stuff this weekend for some reason. It's yummy!

Mr.Moontang
05-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Holly, we a going to the grocery tonight should we get the stuff for meatloaf...

Holly
05-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Holly, we a going to the grocery tonight should we get the stuff for meatloaf...

:lol: I want the recipe! I am not planning on having the moderator get together to discuss the fall cruise-in until July or August. ;)

MrsAPE
05-08-2007, 08:52 AM
:lol: I want the recipe! I am not planning on having the moderator get together to discuss the fall cruise-in until July or August. ;)

+1....would love to have the recipe!! will nancy share?! please?! pretty please?!