PDA

View Full Version : Stupid NON FACTORY sunroofs!!!!

Stangman
05-03-2007, 11:50 PM
so ive been tearing into the fox the last few days, and ive got about all the wiring out from under the hood, and got the doors off, so i decided to take out the crappy non factory sunroof..... apparently that was a mistake..... now i am not so sure i want to continue with this car.... the roof is now a lil wavey and the roof brace that WOULD have been there is not, due to the poor location of the crappy glass..... so now i must make a decision..... fill it with a roof from a parts car, or buy a new car and not even Fu*k with it...... damnit this car is almost perfect!!! why!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!

2-8-1
05-04-2007, 03:44 AM
it happens, my fbody friends brag about their ttops all the time...wait till one of em rolls over and my rigid frame strengthening roof is still there...

Carl
05-04-2007, 04:23 AM
Don't just get the piece that will fit it, go to a junk yard and find a whole roof panel and get it welded in!

BigBadStang
05-04-2007, 05:25 AM
heres your chance to "chop it"...lol
j/k, but you could replace the roof from the factory lead seam.
tedious work, but if the rest of the car is "perfect" it may be worth it.

Stangman
05-04-2007, 07:51 AM
well, mostly perfect, it was put in a ditch and the front end was bent, but it was straightened, but from the strut towers back its like a brand new car.

I am not sure if i am up for replacing the roof by the original seams, i think i can get away with putting a skin on it and welding it an inch away from the edges on all sides

we will see what happens, looks like my '85 coupe my just be a parts car now :(

IEATLT1
05-04-2007, 08:20 AM
You need a nice 83 t-top coupe anyways....

DeckerEnt
05-04-2007, 08:24 AM
Weld it up and be done with it.
Keith

Stangman
05-04-2007, 07:18 PM
anyone wanna sell me a roof skin and roof brace? i cant bare to let this car go this easy....

I already came up with the paint scheme i want for it too :(