Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
17yo KID killed after rolling his 69 Baracuda... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 17yo KID killed after rolling his 69 Baracuda...

Katmandu
05-04-2007, 02:23 AM
Once again it proves Inexperience, Uncontrolled Testosterone and High Performance cars are a DEADLY combination! :rolleyes:

Young males should NOT be given driver's licenses until their 21st Birthday IMHO! I too was one of those that should not have been driving at such a young age. :bangwall:

http://www.whiotv.com/news/13250753/detail.html#

http://www.whiotv.com/2007/0503/13250880.jpg

2-8-1
05-04-2007, 03:40 AM
Thats not a 69 Cuda? Looks like what used to be a lebaron...IDK the shape its in, that could have been a Mustang at one time...

Its called natural selection. I have been STUPID behind the wheel more than once, but I know the limits of my car, and more importantly, the limits of my non-skills....so I'm stupid in wide open spaces where injuries are kept at a minimum...

PonymanfiveO
05-04-2007, 07:41 AM
Young males should NOT be given driver's licenses until their 21st Birthday IMHO!

Just because some people are brainless idiots (like yourself) at young ages does not mean that ALL youths should have their driving privledges removed.

At age 16 I started driving in a '73 Maverick then to a five liter Trans Am.
I only recieved one speeding ticket and had NO accidents...still to this day (knock on wood). Just because you couldnt drive when you were young dosent mean nobody could. Sorry to the kids family and all but its his own fault.

MrsAPE
05-04-2007, 08:28 AM
if he's not responsible enough to drive it, he shouldn't. but then too, our 12 year old is responsible..but if we give him a car with some power...what person (us included) isn't going to be inclinded to 'get on it'? sorry for the family on this one. kid probably was a 'good' kid who just made an awful mistake.

Katmandu
05-04-2007, 08:52 AM
Thats not a 69 Cuda? ...

Actually it was.

Posted in other publications as a 69 Barracuda.

Katmandu
05-04-2007, 08:58 AM
Just because some people are brainless idiots (like yourself) at young ages does not mean that ALL youths should have their driving privledges removed.

Yea, you're right. :HYF: Just 99&#37; of ALL young (under 18) kids should NOT have DLs.

At age 16 I started driving in a '73 Maverick then to a five liter Trans Am.
I only recieved one speeding ticket and had NO accidents...still to this day (knock on wood). Just because you couldnt drive when you were young dosent mean nobody could. How many accidents did you cause ?

Never said I couldn't drive. Just like the 99% of kids under 18, I was too emotionally immature to drive back then (and I'm sure you where as well). It's a FACT that kids brains are NOT fully developed at that age. The part the is NOT developed is the frontal lobe that controls "urges" and impulses. This leads to BAD JUDGEMENT.

The statistics simply speak for themselves and unfortunately, the kid that rolled the 69 Barracuda is just another one.

Gene
05-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Yea, you're right. :HYF: Just 99% of ALL young (under 18) kids should NOT have DLs.

:rolleyes:

Whatever. I had a Z28 for my first car, followed by an Eclipse GSX and a Supra Turbo, all before I was 21. The only damage I did to any of them was a minor fender bender in the school parking lot...which could have easily been done with any car.

I didn't have my first major accident until I was 24, and that was in the snow.

Never said I couldn't drive. Just like the 99% of kids under 18, I was too emotionally immature to drive back then (and I'm sure you where as well). It's a FACT that kids brains are NOT fully developed at that age. The part the is NOT developed is the frontal lobe that controls "urges" and impulses. This leads to BAD JUDGEMENT.

I don't think I've ever seen a worse case of "old man disease". Kids are perfectly capable of driving at 16. It's parents who don't instill a sense of responsibility in these kids that makes them do stupid things.

Go over to CSS...there are plenty of 20-somethings on there who do stupid things with their cars as well...should we make the driving age 30? I've seen Cracker doing some stupid things with his car on the road...should we make the driving age 40?

One kid getting killed isn't worth getting this worked up over. It's mentalities like yours that has made the world suck...people who are overly paranoid about everything being perfectly "safe" and therefore no one is allowed to have any fun anymore.

PonymanfiveO
05-04-2007, 09:19 AM
did you just slap me with a fucken Karp????

its ooon mudder fukker!

PonymanfiveO
05-04-2007, 09:21 AM
It's mentalities like yours that has made the world suck...people who are overly paranoid about everything being perfectly "safe" and therefore no one is allowed to have any fun anymore.

YEAH!!!!

So FUCK YOU ASS HOLE LICKER!!!!

IWRBB
05-04-2007, 11:42 AM
I don't think I've ever seen a worse case of "old man disease". Kids are perfectly capable of driving at 16. It's parents who don't instill a sense of responsibility in these kids that makes them do stupid things.

I agree, there's no reason to ban 16 yr olds from driving. I did stupid stuff drving when I was 16, but I knew it was stupid and I did it anyways. I knew exactly what I was doing when I was speeding, doing burnouts, sliding the car around corners in the rain, whatever. Had I had to wait until I was 18, I would have done the same stuff, just 2 years later.

Obviously an 85 HP Civic has plenty of power to kill anyone. I'd wager that the majority teen drivers killed are in a low power POS commuter car that is packed with friends, the radio cranked, 50% of the time either drunk or high, and probably talking on a cell phone to boot. ;)

A high horsepower car is more dangerous for sure, but it's on the parents to decide what their child is responsible enough to drive.

Gene
05-04-2007, 11:59 AM
A high horsepower car is more dangerous for sure, but it's on the parents to decide what their child is responsible enough to drive.

Exactly.

When I was 16, my dad wouldn't let me touch his Porsche. The first time I ever drove it without him in it was when I drove it to senior prom...with two stipulations:

1. I wouldn't drive it home if I drank...I had to stay where I was partying at until sober.
2. If I wrecked the car, I had better make sure that I died in the crash, because it would be easier on me that way.

:D

FMGT1999
05-04-2007, 12:48 PM
It sure doesn't look like a 69 Barracuda to me either. I started driving when I was 15, it's not like all young drivers are irresponsible when it comes to driving at a young age, hell just look at Ricky Bobby :lol: :bigthumb

Kyle

cin_mustang
05-04-2007, 02:52 PM
I have to agree with the majority here. I drove like hell alot of the time but I knew it was wrong. The car I was driving wouldn't have mattered. It's kinda bullshit that you say they shouldn't drive until they're 18 but we can send them off to war to die. I think taking away responsibility makes them more irresponsible. after all, we're supposed to learn from our mistakes and if you keep taking away the responsiblity, how they ever gonna learn. Also, I don't care what they say, that IS NOT a cuda. I thought a thunderbird, maybe?

Dirtyd0g
05-04-2007, 03:41 PM
I had a 69 baracuda. It looked nothing like that. Mine had the bubble rear glass however. I dunno what that thing is.
Alan

Mista Bone
05-04-2007, 03:53 PM
not a 'cuda, maybe a Dart, also looks like a AMC Javelin

Sharad
05-04-2007, 06:24 PM
First car when I was sixteen was a four cylinder mustang. After driving it responsibly for a year, my dad let me buy a 1987 Mustang GT. Been driving 5.0s ever since. I've never had a collision.

Katmandu
05-04-2007, 06:32 PM

Whatever. I had a Z28 for my first car, followed by an Eclipse GSX and a Supra Turbo, all before I was 21. The only damage I did to any of them was a minor fender bender in the school parking lot...which could have easily been done with any car.

I didn't have my first major accident until I was 24, and that was in the snow.

Yea, Gene and you're part of the very SMALL percentage of young kids that "maybe" drove like a human being.

there are plenty of 20-somethings on there who do stupid things with their cars as well...should we make the driving age 30? I've seen Cracker doing some stupid things with his car on the road...should we make the driving age 40?

One kid getting killed isn't worth getting this worked up over.

It's mentalities like yours that has made the world suck...people who are overly paranoid about everything being perfectly "safe" and therefore no one is allowed to have any fun anymore. Gene, Gene, Gene. :rolleyes: What about reasonable laws ? Look at the percentages. If I get time, I'll look them up and post them. There's good reason insurance rates are what they are for young males under the age of 21. That is a good basis to go by...don't you think ??

You're last paragraph is just hateful and uncalled for. If you knew me personally, I seriously doubt you would say that to my face. :cool2:

Katmandu
05-04-2007, 06:34 PM

Katmandu
05-04-2007, 06:36 PM
I don't care what they say, that IS NOT a cuda. I thought a thunderbird, maybe?

I just posted what was reported in the Dayton Daily News.

SILVERCREEK TWP., Greene County — Speed is believed to be a factor in a crash Wednesday that left a 17-year-old driver dead.

Ryan Jordan of Sabina apparently lost control of a 1969 Plymouth Barracuda southbound on Parker Road about 3:15 p.m., hit a ditch and rolled it several times, according to the Ohio Highway Patrol at Xenia.

He was ejected and died at the scene, troopers said.

Investigators said while they believe speed was a factor, they do not know how fast Jordan was traveling.

Gene
05-04-2007, 06:43 PM
Yea, Gene and you're part of the very SMALL percentage of young kids that "maybe" drove like a human being.

No, I behaved like a prat. Like any normal American teenager does. But I survived, like most of us do.

Gene, Gene, Gene. :rolleyes: What about reasonable laws ? Look at the percentages. If I get time, I'll look them up and post them. There's good reason insurance rates are what they are for young males under the age of 21. That is a good basis to go by...don't you think ??

Good basis for what? To keep teenagers out of cars? That's just stupid. If you don't push the envelope in your life, then you never learn anything...you just exist. :rolleyes:

The driving age is 16. It's been that way for decades, and yeah, sometimes kids die behind the wheel of a car. But if you move the driving age up, then 20-somethings will die behind the wheel of cars instead.

You're last paragraph is just hateful and uncalled for. If you knew me personally, I seriously doubt you would say that to my face. :cool2:

Anyone who knows me knows that I don't post anything on here that I'm not willing to say to someone's face. I have nothing against you personally, I just think that your outlook sucks. ;)

This nation is becoming a nation of pussies, pure and simple. And I'm sick of it.

Katmandu
05-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Anyone who knows me knows that I don't post anything on here that I'm not willing to say to someone's face. I have nothing against you personally, I just think that your outlook sucks. ;)

This nation is becoming a nation of pussies, pure and simple. And I'm sick of it.Think I'm a pussy do you ? We have something to discuss in person then if you do. :HYF:

Just don't go CHO on us now! :rolleyes:

orangedemon331
05-04-2007, 06:52 PM
:popcorn: :lol:

Katmandu
05-04-2007, 06:56 PM
Here's some FACTS about Teenage Drivers from the CDC.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/factsheets/teenmvh.htm

Katmandu
05-04-2007, 07:03 PM
:popcorn: :lol:

LOL! :cool1:

Pretty emotional topic to debate huh ? :eek: :lol: :cool2:

I do gotta agree it really comes down to the parents and how they raise their kids.

I believe there are times when the Federal Government has the responsibility to protect people from their own stupidy. Here's a couple for you (that should REALLY fire up this debate! :lol: ) Seat belt laws....and HELMUT Laws!!!

All these issues effect ALL OF US by increased Medical, Legal AND insurance costs!!

That said, I was raised by Wolves and I really shouldn't be typing this right now. I should be 6 feet under for the way I drove when I was a kid. I thank God and my Gardian Angle for everyday.

Flame away! :cool1:

Gene
05-04-2007, 07:22 PM
Think I'm a pussy do you ? We have something to discuss in person then if you do. :HYF:

1. Yes, you're being a pussy. 2. Is that a threat?

Just because someone gets killed doing something doesn't mean we need to ban it.

You can get killed on a motorcycle. Let's ban those next.
How about General Aviation airplanes? Let's ban those too.
You can die rock climbing...should we not allow people to do that?
What about bicycles...kids get hit by cars all the time on them...should we ban those as well?

You see what I'm getting to? If we try to make it so no one ever gets hurt, then all people are going to be able to do is sit at home watching TV.

Just about everyone on this board started driving at 16, including you, I assume. We all acted like idiots, took a few risks, and learned our limits. That's what makes us adults. If you don't take risks as a kid, you're going to take much bigger, more dangerous risks as an adult.

Does it suck a kid died...yeah, of course. But just because a 16 or 17 year old doesn't have the judgment of a 40 year old doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed behind the wheel. If they're stupid at 17, they're probably going to be stupid at 25.

It's the whole "legislate safety" bullshit that pisses me off. You can't do it. Let people make their own decisions on what is safe and what is not for them. I never ride my motorcycle without a helmet, but fuck you if you tell me that I HAVE to wear one.

I'm sick of this discussion...you want to cry because I hurt your feelings, fine, but I'm going out to dinner, drink a couple of beers, and thank God that I'm not a pussy. :D

08 Vette
05-04-2007, 07:32 PM
Since we can't play nice, I'm locking this post!
I feel sorry for the family, i know I did some dumb stuff when I was young.

Please watch the name calling! No need to get NASTY!

LOCKED!