PDA

View Full Version : 75S Speed Limit

PKFIRE
05-10-2007, 08:30 AM
Couple years ago I got busted for following traffic going 70+mph down on 75s toward downtown Cincy. Ever since then on 75S I've been doing the speed limit. I really don't feel safe since cars pass me like I'm standing still. I had one guy start throwing his arms up at me yesterday for going the speed limit in front of him on my way to the Reds game. I said 55 with a hand jester. He went around me in his Jeep. Giving me one of these:flipoff: which really got me floored but my fiance calmed me down. I hate driving down that way and ever since the ticket I take 71S to NKU. I guess I'll just keep being that jerk that drives the speed limit on 75S.

bobtsgt
05-10-2007, 08:46 AM
some people are just in too big of a hurry. I admit usually when I drive home after work off Hopple to Amelia I usually cruise 70ish down 75 like everyone else but most of the time I just kick back and go with the flow. I'll make sure I watch out for ya and flip you off :lol: Just for the hell of it :D

02mingryGT
05-10-2007, 08:53 AM
No problem with doing the speed limit as long as your not in the fast lane. People are in way too much of a hurry though.

PKFIRE
05-10-2007, 08:58 AM
double post!

PKFIRE
05-10-2007, 09:00 AM
It's nice to know you care BobtsGT,lol!

mach_u
05-10-2007, 09:08 AM
No problem with doing the speed limit as long as your not in the fast lane.
+1!!! As someone who spends hours on the road every day for work, nothing drives me more nuts than some m-fer clogging up the high-speed lane doing the speed limit. 3 lanes of traffic on 275 and some douche waffle is doing 65. :rolleyes: That lane is designed to pass only, not to take your senior citizen ass(no offense pops! lol) to bingo - while doing 60mph with a turn signal on... Ok, rant over. :lol:

bobtsgt
05-10-2007, 09:10 AM
It's nice to know you care BobtsGT,lol!

:D I usually won't get pissy unless your slow in the fast lane. Other then that you can drive 35 in the median for all I care :cool1:

MADMOD
05-10-2007, 09:33 AM
:D I usually won't get pissy unless your slow in the fast lane. Other then that you can drive 35 in the median for all I care :cool1:

I agree!! I can't stand someone just putting along in the fast lane while talking on the phone!!!!! That and someone who takes there sweet as time turning in front of me.....That one really gets me going. :HYF: to slow turners

Gene
05-10-2007, 10:24 AM
If you're driving in traffic, drive with the flow. Even if the speed limit is 55, if traffic is going 65, drive 65. No matter what lane you're in, you're going to make the traffic worse if you're the slowest thing on the road.

PKFIRE
05-10-2007, 10:37 AM
If you're driving in traffic, drive with the flow. Even if the speed limit is 55, if traffic is going 65, drive 65. No matter what lane you're in, you're going to make the traffic worse if you're the slowest thing on the road.

The problem is I did this on 75S and ended up getting a ticket. No win situation but I'm going to stick by the speed limit or +5 because it's not worth the ticket and rate of speed travel for a distance of 5 miles at 60 vs 70isn't going affect time traveled that bad.

About 44 seconds.

BigBadStang
05-10-2007, 01:46 PM
Couple years ago I got busted for following traffic going 70+mph down on 75s toward downtown Cincy. Ever since then on 75S I've been doing the speed limit. I really don't feel safe since cars pass me like I'm standing still. I had one guy start throwing his arms up at me yesterday for going the speed limit in front of him on my way to the Reds game. I said 55 with a hand jester. He went around me in his Jeep. Giving me one of these:flipoff: which really got me floored but my fiance calmed me down. I hate driving down that way and ever since the ticket I take 71S to NKU. I guess I'll just keep being that jerk that drives the speed limit on 75S.

while driving for work... i am always the jerk doing exactly the speed limit.
a big brown slug in the slow lane...lol, and it is nerve racking sometimes when people are blowing by @ 80...just waiting to get side swiped or ass-ended!

1. i get paid by the hour.
2. cops get a fuking hard-on busting a truck, and they WILL write for going 1-2 mph over in a truck.
3. fuk paying fines and taking "road skills" classes at work for violations.
4. if ANYTHING happens on the road (accident, someone hitting you, you hitting a deer etc.) and they look at the data from the trip recorder, and you were speeding at any time during your trip, you are fired. they say "if you werent speeding, you wouldnt have been there."

i got a ticket a long time ago from a trooper. i was "going with the flow" too, but when i got off to get gas, he pulled up and said the airplane clocked me. i got off I70 and was easier to catch than anyone else, plain and simple.

Mista Bone
05-10-2007, 02:44 PM
top side 275 construction, 50 mph speed limit.

Heading EB about 6:15 I do 60 mph, then 55 mph in the express lane.

Coming back thru at 9:15, middle lane doing 53 mph, people zipping by on both sides.....usually Sharonville/Springdale sitting and waiting.

$250 ticket for speeding in construction zone is NOT worth it! I love the cruise control on my new Civic :)

dedpedal
05-10-2007, 06:05 PM
Does anyone realize that there no such thing as a HIGH speed lane?

hart88
05-10-2007, 07:38 PM
:agree:

Its the passing lane! If your not passing anyone get the F out of it.

But what pisses me of more is the dumbasses on cell phones that don't pay attention to whats going on around them.:mad: :mad:

mustang8998
05-10-2007, 10:42 PM

There are two of them, at Tri-State, E2O, Kilkare, etc..................!

95redstang
05-10-2007, 11:12 PM
I was on 275 last Saturday in Ky heading back to Rising Sun from Florence. I was driving a Chrysler 300 limo. There was an old bastard in a newer Cavalier doing about 45mph in the fast lane. I was so damn mad. If you are going to go slow get your ass over in the right lane or off the highway period.

Mista Bone
05-11-2007, 01:01 AM
Ohio law doesn't require you to get over, unlike KY.

Yes I know it's stupid in Ohio, but look at all the stupid people driving not paying attention?

Driving 140 mile loop a day, you see some stupid people. Now with cruise control I'm in the middle lane with it set +5 mph over the limit. This allows traffic safe merging, then all the idiots can fly around if they are in such a hurry.

It's fun to watch a big SUV fly past crossing 275 into KY, then see them sitting at the end of KY 17 trying to make a left.

qwk93ta
05-15-2007, 12:25 PM
I have driven 75s into downtown since 1991 for work and if you drive the speed limit in the left lane you will get run over.....I typically drive 75 MPH every day, which is usually the flow of traffic in the left lane unless you are lucky enough to run into some knob on the phone doing 60!!! People need to pay more attention when they drive.

IWRBB
05-16-2007, 05:45 PM
The problem is I did this on 75S and ended up getting a ticket. No win situation but I'm going to stick by the speed limit or +5 because it's not worth the ticket and rate of speed travel for a distance of 5 miles at 60 vs 70isn't going affect time traveled that bad.

About 44 seconds.

I speed everywhere I go, pretty much. 75S from Tylersville to 275 is always 80+. All you need is one of these...
https://store.valentine1.com/store/products/20015.gif
and some knowledge on how, where, and when you can speed. The V1 manual gives some good tips.

I got nailed just like you years ago, rolling with trafiic, he just decided to pick me out. It's like bears feeding on salmon. So many to choose from...

I have a V1 in my Cobra and my truck now. No tickets since. That was over 4 years ago. The V1 has tipped me off to radar traps dozens of times. Laser a few times too, believe it or not. I275 with it's long gentle curves allows you to pick up the laser as he hits cars in front of you, but well before your car is hit.

You have to be aware too. Slow down at the turn arounds where they sit, slow down at hill crests, watch the cars well in front of you for brake lights, etc.. I avoided a speed trap in northern Ohio becasue I saw a car hit it's brakes as it crested the hill ahead of me. There's no reason he'd do that unless there is a cop, and there was. 5 of them. The radar detector gave very little warning as I came over the hill, just relying on the detector wouldn't have worked in that case.

Up here in West Chester around my house, the WCPD leaves their radar on all the time, I can detect them 2 country blocks away with how straight and level the roads are.

IWRBB
05-16-2007, 05:50 PM
all the idiots can fly around if they are in such a hurry.

I thought the idoits were the people driving any slower than you, and the people driving any faster than you are maniacs..

Blackout
05-16-2007, 07:25 PM
OK here's what I know...and what I have gotten. I travel the interstate daily and know for a fact that the cops like to pic on sports cars and trucks. If you drive a piece of crap and speed a little they don't ever bother you. I travel about 75mph to and from work. the only times I have gotten a ticket so far is in my mustang, camaro or my wifes 2004 vibe. The reason....I think that the cop looks at the car you driving and decides who can pay the ticket.

If you want someone to get over out of your way just simply come up on them at a high rate of speed and get right on there back bumper. Works for me. scares the crap out of them, but don't be surprised when you go past them if they flip you off.

BigBadStang
05-16-2007, 09:43 PM
If you want someone to get over out of your way just simply come up on them at a high rate of speed and get right on there back bumper. Works for me. scares the crap out of them, but don't be surprised when you go past them if they flip you off.
you might NOT want to do that... i have seen people (usually women or older folks) lock up the brakes out of fear when they suddenly notice you and think they are about to be ass-ended.

I speed everywhere I go, pretty much. 75S from Tylersville to 275 is always 80+. All you need is one of these...
https://store.valentine1.com/store/products/20015.gif
and some knowledge on how, where, and when you can speed. The V1 manual gives some good tips.

I got nailed just like you years ago, rolling with trafiic, he just decided to pick me out. It's like bears feeding on salmon. So many to choose from...

I have a V1 in my Cobra and my truck now. No tickets since. That was over 4 years ago. The V1 has tipped me off to radar traps dozens of times. Laser a few times too, believe it or not. I275 with it's long gentle curves allows you to pick up the laser as he hits cars in front of you, but well before your car is hit.

You have to be aware too. Slow down at the turn arounds where they sit, slow down at hill crests, watch the cars well in front of you for brake lights, etc.. I avoided a speed trap in northern Ohio becasue I saw a car hit it's brakes as it crested the hill ahead of me. There's no reason he'd do that unless there is a cop, and there was. 5 of them. The radar detector gave very little warning as I came over the hill, just relying on the detector wouldn't have worked in that case.

Up here in West Chester around my house, the WCPD leaves their radar on all the time, I can detect them 2 country blocks away with how straight and level the roads are.

not so much around here...but you gotta watch for the Troopers airplanes too. it doesnt seem like they use the air patrol much here. they used it all the time around madison county ohio where i grew up.

Blackout
05-16-2007, 09:49 PM
mostly all the people on the interstate when I am traveling are younger or forein. An old trick is to also just watch for the brake lights.