PDA

View Full Version : Want to Borrow: Nitrous bottle (for mockup)

Kevin Doe
05-10-2007, 04:13 PM
Does anyone have a junk nitrous bottle that I can use for mockup. I think the size I'm thinkin of is a 10 lb bottle, but I'm not sure. It could be dented, leak, no valve on the top, etc. As long as its still basically the same shape I should be good to go. Anyone have anything?

Also, I'm interested in mounting requirements, such as angle, and whatnot for a street car/road course car/drag car. I assume with teh frotn pointing forward, and the it angled up a certain degree, but I have no idea.

Thanks.

fst 5pto
05-10-2007, 04:49 PM
I have a bottle you can borrow.... Its in perfect shape and I actually live right by you (you're on resor, correct?) But how long do you need it for?

Kevin Doe
05-10-2007, 04:57 PM
I'm right off Resor, in the neighborhood bounded by Resor, S. Gilmore, Mack, and Crestview.

I'll just need it for a few days or so. I'm trying to arrange where I'm going to mount some things in the hatch area, and having the bottle will really help out.

Where do you live? I could stop by and pick it up whenever, or if you would like to check out my car you could stop over if you feel like it. Thanks.

fst 5pto
05-10-2007, 05:01 PM
Im right by water works... ill pick it up after work and bring it by... PM me your address.

Maximus
05-10-2007, 05:02 PM
KEVIN!! With all your welding experience, put a TURBO on that LS1:HYF:
:lol:

Kevin Doe
05-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Hey, I just talked to you! Looks like Brandon has me covered. Maybe next time I call I'll identify myself. I always assume you'll have no idea who I am even if I did.

I was thinking about the turbo route, but space is VERY limited in the engine bay. It can be done, and might be one in the future, but not for right now. Plus, who doesn't like some nitrous to spool a massive turbo?

I'm mounting my batter right now, and just want to be sure I don't mount it in a place that won't allow good placement of a nitrous bottle. I'm not necessarily going to make bottle mounts right now. Just want to think things out for the future.

The whole idea of this was was to have a car that handles great, with gobs of torque, and great throttle response. I"ve had enough laggy turbos for now. I guess I just wanted to try somethign completely different than what I was used to. My previous car was a 91 Talon AWD with 410 hp. Sure, it was pretty quick, but is wasn't that fun to drive. If I ever get bored, and I'm sure I will, I'll re-evaluate my stance on big turbos. Well, I guess a big laggy turbo wouldn't be bad if the off boost power and torque was still good. Hmmmmm, for a later date.

fst 5pto
05-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Be there in about 15-20 man...

Kevin Doe
05-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Thanks Brandon.

89notch
05-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Pick up a masterpower T70 mine makes 16lbs of boost by 2800-3000 and the best part is they are only 525 shipped new with a .96 housing. Its great having a V-8 with a turbo