PDA

View Full Version : BAD vibration I can't seem to find....

5.0calypso93lx
05-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Well, looks like I won't be going to the UMTR tonight.

I've got a serious vibration coming from somewhere. I remember I asked if it was ok to leave the vibration damper off of the nose of the rear end, because I installed 3.73's, but I'm thinking I might need to get another and put it back on to see if it goes away.

I can feel the vibration through the pedals/in the floorboard, but if I hit the brakes pretty hard it goes away. I also have a grinding noise when a person rides in the car with me, and also goes away when I hit the brakes. I know that noise is coming from the right rear brakes, as I can see where the backside of the rotor, is just wearing in on small groove.

Also, when I'm in the lower rpm's, and I hit the gas pretty hard(this is with the clutch all the way out, brand new clutch btw), I can hear the engine rev up and it sounds very strong, but the car just won't go anywhere for a second, and then BAM, it takes off. Its like something isn't hooking up in the drivetrain somewhere???

I'm also having issues, where all of a sudden I can barely get my transmission into gear??

I did raise the car on jackstands, and start it up and put it in 3rd gear, and got underneath the car, but I don't see anything. Its like there needs to be two people in the car for any of this to happen???

And just for parts history, the car has BRAND NEW:
-Timken front wheel bearings
-FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft
-Every bearing/racer/seal in the rear end was replaced

I was told the tranny was a freshly rebuilt t5, but don't know much about it other than that.

Any ideas???

Gearhead
05-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Also, when I'm in the lower rpm's, and I hit the gas pretty hard(this is with the clutch all the way out, brand new clutch btw), I can hear the engine rev up and it sounds very strong, but the car just won't go anywhere for a second, and then BAM, it takes off. Its like something isn't hooking up in the drivetrain somewhere???

I'm also having issues, where all of a sudden I can barely get my transmission into gear??

Do you have an adjustable clutch cable ?? It might be the cable is not adjusted properly, either the clutch is not disengaging completely when the clutch pedal is to the floor (would make it hard to shift or get in gear).
Or, when the pedal is at the top of its travel the clutch is not completely engaged - this would cause the engine to rev up when you get in the throttle.
If you still have the stock cable and quadrant in there, I would probably ditch it for an adjustable.....

5.0calypso93lx
05-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Do you have an adjustable clutch cable ?? It might be the cable is not adjusted properly, either the clutch is not disengaging completely when the clutch pedal is to the floor (would make it hard to shift or get in gear).
Or, when the pedal is at the top of its travel the clutch is not completely engaged - this would cause the engine to rev up when you get in the throttle.
If you still have the stock cable and quadrant in there, I would probably ditch it for an adjustable.....

Its all aftermarket. I have a 3 hook upr quadrant, upr adjustable cable, and fiore micro click firewall adjuster. I was also thinking this, that I don't have the cable adjusted right. If its doing this, do I need to tighten the cable or loosen it?

The cable is on the middlehook on the quadrant btw.

5.0calypso93lx
05-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Thats what it was. I just turned the firewall adjuster clockwise about 5 clicks, and the trans shifts like butter now. I don't like where the pedal lets out as much, but I can deal with it. Also, the trans goes into reverse with no noise now!!

Now I just gotta get this vibration figured out and the right rear brakes.

Gearhead
05-13-2007, 10:34 PM
Thats what it was. I just turned the firewall adjuster clockwise about 5 clicks, and the trans shifts like butter now. I don't like where the pedal lets out as much, but I can deal with it. Also, the trans goes into reverse with no noise now!!

Cool, glad it was something simple !! :bigthumb :)