PDA

View Full Version : Where to Mount Zex Box, MSD Window Switch, and Purge solenoid?

OrangeStang04
05-15-2007, 10:21 AM
Just like the title says... I am trying to figure out where in the hell to mount all these items.. it is cramped as all hell under the hood of any 99-04 Gt and there is barely room to fit anything

As far as the purge, the plan is to run dual purges out the vents on the 03-04 Cobra hood... and I would assume that I need to find a position as close to center as possible...

So where have people in the past mounted the Zex control box and MSD window Swtich??

I set myself a deadline to have it tuned at MD on Tuesday May 29th... so its gotta be buttoned up by then.. along with a crap ton of other things!!!

Thanks guys for any help!!

bobtsgt
05-15-2007, 10:28 AM
you can put it on the firewall on the plastic piece under the hood rubber like on mine. If you want you can bring it over this weekend and we can play around with it.

OrangeStang04
05-15-2007, 10:33 AM
you can put it on the firewall on the plastic piece under the hood rubber like on mine. If you want you can bring it over this weekend and we can play around with it.

Is there enough room there? I tried find a place for the purge to mount and it never seemed like there was enough room... I have the "Dual Purge" kit that allows for two lines to come out of the solenoid...

bobtsgt
05-15-2007, 10:35 AM
you can really mount it anywhere. Just depends on how long the delivery line is and where you want to put it. You could mount everything under your intake filter and just run the purge lines along the strut tower, along the firewall then up through the hood

OrangeStang04
05-15-2007, 10:38 AM
you can really mount it anywhere. Just depends on how long the delivery line is and where you want to put it. You could mount everything under your intake filter and just run the purge lines along the strut tower, along the firewall then up through the hood

I was thinking about doing that... acutally that was my first thought... I will probably end up doing that... what about the MSD window switch... I am gonna pick up the digital one whenever the Zex kit gets to my house and I can run up to cincy speed

bobtsgt
05-15-2007, 10:45 AM
you can put that where ever you want to. its just a electric box. just have to make sure you keep heat and water away from all your components.

OrangeStang04
05-15-2007, 10:47 AM
you can put that where ever you want to. its just a electric box. just have to make sure you keep heat and water away from all your components.

Cool... thank ya Bob!! You don't have any recent pictures of the engine bay post nitrous install do you? Just to get an idea?

bobtsgt
05-15-2007, 10:51 AM
I just might let me search my database

bobtsgt
05-15-2007, 10:55 AM
well I guess I don't for some reason. I mounted the solenoids behind the intake where the strut tower bar use to be. The NX window switch is mounted on that black plastic piece on the firewall above the brake booster. And the relay is mounted next to the window switch. That way it kept all the wires in a central location and made it easier to install since I have the fuel safety switch as well that I wired in.

mach_u
05-15-2007, 11:16 AM
I mounted my control box underneath the CAI. The Window switch I mounted with velcro inside the glove compartment. Purge solenoid was back on the firewall "I think."