PDA

View Full Version : vibrations in my shifter

95vertstang
05-16-2007, 08:34 AM
when i get to about 4000 rpm my shifter starts to shake like crazy it has a new spec clutch and its a 93 trans with a hurst short throw btw this is in my 95 any suggestions to what the problem is would be great thanks guys

one90gt
05-20-2007, 05:27 PM
Have you done gears recently? Ive seen a pretty bad vibration start when a gear change is done sometimes. It could also be a vibration comming from your driveshaft from being out of ballance or a u-joint going bad. Another possibility is that a vibration has caused the bolts on the shifter to become loose.

95vertstang
06-02-2007, 05:34 PM
no gears recently but today i as driving on the highway and when i downshifted to 3rd it felt weird like it popped twice then went in and everything was smooth the i let it just slow down on its own in gear and it was making a little noise and shaking any other opinions thanks guys

Foxxx5oh
06-02-2007, 08:48 PM
check your driveshaft bolts, my 89 was doing this too so i put it on the lift at my dads shop lookin for something loose mount wise, and he took out the rear end side driveshaft bolts by hand and let it swing into me...lol...

95vertstang
06-03-2007, 09:30 AM
i checked that out they are tight as they are guna get, i dont get it its smooth untill 4500 then it shakes should i try a new tranny, if somethign was bent in there it would shake and before it got high in the rpm range wouldnt it?

chris91
06-17-2007, 01:16 AM
Im having about the same problem. Mine only does it at the end of fourth and into 5th. Actually it seems to do it at 95mph+. My buddy was telling me something in the tranny was on its way out. Cant remember for the life of me what he said it was.

Black Horse
06-17-2007, 08:11 AM
You might want to check your pinion angle/driveshaft alignment if the tranny was swapped.

FireStang02
06-18-2007, 05:48 PM
Check your u joints. If you don't know how let me know and I can help ya. It is really easy to check and replace them. I had the same problem on an old car. Took out the driveshaft and had u joint that was destroyed. When I took the cap off it was dry as a bone and there were a few of the needles actually missing. Cheap fix and it felt like new afterwards.

Blackballed
06-18-2007, 07:08 PM
I had the same problem with my 04 GT and it went through 3 tranys. I kept blowing syncs. I just got rid of it and bought an 06:)

95vertstang
06-21-2007, 09:46 AM
the rubber was coming out of my stock balancer i bought a new one and it took all of it away but i think it ruined my tranny because now my tranny will make some fugged up noises