PDA

View Full Version : "I saw" not "I seen"

mach_u
05-17-2007, 07:57 AM
That's it - bugs the muther luving crap out of me. It's simple enough. "I saw Scott staring at a crazy little midget dancing naked on main street" or "I have seen Scott staring at a crazy little midget dancing naked on main street" - not "I seen Scott staring at a naked little midget dancing naked on main street." I don't think some of us should be bitching about border jumpers that can't speak English - when those said people can't speak "good" after growing up in this country their whole life. :HYF: Thanks Scott for being a good sport - sorry there really are no naked midgets dancing naked on main street :( and thanks for playing AJ rolled out on the wrong side of the bed "Grammer 101." :lol:

PS: No naked midgets were harmed during the making of this rant...

REDHOTGTGIRL
05-17-2007, 08:14 AM
Feel better now that you got it out of your system?

bobtsgt
05-17-2007, 08:17 AM
I seen a fast car yesterday in the parking lot. Then I seen a large man push a coke frig infront of a bathroom door :lol:

Mr.Moontang
05-17-2007, 08:40 AM
I seen AJ last night and he seemed to be more better when we used gooder grammer...now don't tease me again about naked midgets!!!

DeckerEnt
05-17-2007, 08:42 AM
It are go good with pizza..LOL
Keith

Gene
05-17-2007, 09:17 AM
I don't think some of us should be bitching about border jumpers that can't speak English - when those said people can't speak "good" after growing up in this country their whole life. :HYF:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Truer words have never been spoken.

Thanks Scott for being a good sport - sorry there really are no naked midgets dancing naked on main street

You lied to Scott about naked midgets? That's just MEAN!!! ;) :D :D

cstreu1026
05-17-2007, 09:33 AM
Thank you AJ. I have had the very same thoughts about things I have read on message boards.

Kevin Doe
05-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Ahhhh, at least its not just me that it bothers!

bestracing
05-17-2007, 11:24 AM
You lied to Scott about naked midgets? That's just MEAN!!! ;) :D :D

Well WEBN was running an advertisement about Midget Strippers at some night club around here........:lol:

bobtsgt
05-17-2007, 11:44 AM
yeah that turned out to be a bad thing. there was only one and she didn't get naked at all. thats why we cancelled the trip

Paul408Notch
05-17-2007, 12:23 PM
For some reason that one doesn't bother me as much as when somebody lists "90GT with LX body kit for sell." It's not for sell, it's for sale.

Black Hole
05-17-2007, 12:50 PM
I'm with ya.....I do use a lot of slang both here and in real life, but I only use bad grammar when I'm trying to do so on purpose. ;)

mach_u
05-17-2007, 01:39 PM
Well at least I'm not the only one then! :lol:

BigBadStang
05-17-2007, 02:02 PM
..."Grammer 101." :lol:
[/SIZE]

you should use spell check before you start bashing on someones grammar.
so does this mean you have no right bitching about border jumpers either?

:lol:

Black Horse
05-17-2007, 03:18 PM
I prolly think you are right ;)

That's PROBABLY - P R O B A B L Y <-- My rant for the day

mach_u
05-17-2007, 03:46 PM
you should use spell check before you start bashing on someones grammar.
so does this mean you have no right bitching about border jumpers either?

:lol:
Hey it was still early for me! haha I seen your point... :lol:

BigBadStang
05-17-2007, 03:49 PM
:bigthumb

PaulFiveOh
05-17-2007, 05:12 PM
I've seen a few instances in which I saw and I've seen have been used incorrectly, I've seen from experiance that people learn that seen is a past particlple and must follow an noun-adverb contraction. I seen this coming from a long way though.

Thanks for learning me that A.J.

DeckerEnt
05-17-2007, 10:24 PM
All the grammer teachers in the room please stand up.
Keith

dedpedal
05-18-2007, 06:51 AM
Ther id a difference between grammEr and speeling!

MrsAPE
05-18-2007, 08:06 AM
This be funny!

PaulFiveOh
05-18-2007, 09:08 AM
I know him post is more funny than the others!

Xuzhu
05-18-2007, 02:02 PM
Since we're on some country gramma here, the one that gets me is people screaming how they "Could care less" Well, great. Most everyone could care less about something if they wanted to, but if you're trying to point out how much you don't care, you need to be saying "I couldn't care less"
thanks! :cool1:

Black Horse
05-18-2007, 02:17 PM
Just wait until everyone starts typing with all the shortcut words they use for text messaging.

RACEME
05-18-2007, 02:35 PM
omg..jk..wtf...lol

Gene
05-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Just wait until everyone starts typing with all the shortcut words they use for text messaging.

A friend of mine teaches high school in NKY, and she's told me that her students have some of the most atrocious spelling and grammar, mainly because of text messaging. She's actually had papers turned in written in "text". :rolleyes:

Kelly Pelrine
05-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Ok i've got one also.... it is "I have an IDEA", not "I have an IDEAL" LOL :lol:

It would be ideal if people could use correct grammar when stating they have an idea! :D

ill admit im terrible at punctuation and spelling sometimes though :tongue2:

PaulFiveOh
05-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Seriously though, we all live very close to Appalachia and almost all of these grammar "mistakes" are just common Appalachia Dialect....

Just to give some insight on why people say things like, 'learn' instead of taught and, 'Gots' instead of 'Have'.... yea....nerd ftw.

mach_u
05-18-2007, 10:08 PM
Ok i've got one also.... it is "I have an IDEA", not "I have an IDEAL" LOL :lol:

It would be ideal if people could use correct grammar when stating they have an idea! :D
Don't get me started on that one!! Drives me up the friggin wall!

Kelly Pelrine
05-18-2007, 10:14 PM
Don't get me started on that one!! Drives me up the friggin wall!

hehe i think its kinda funny. im from NJ originally (everyone thinks i should sound like a New Yorker) so there are definitely some noticable differences living out here. But everyone has their own way of talking, thats what makes us unique :D

Black Horse
05-18-2007, 10:32 PM
Please?

PaulFiveOh
05-18-2007, 10:37 PM
Please?

Now there is some cincinnati dialect!

I believe it has something to do with the German word for Please is also the same word for 'what'.

'92Stang
05-18-2007, 10:52 PM
Geeeez, shucky darn, i's hope all my punkuationz r coreckt. i's sure dont wunt to offend anyone on a kar forum. ifins i doo, heres a forum for yall:flipoff:

http://www.mensa.org/ :popcorn:

MrsAPE
05-19-2007, 09:18 AM
twiced. its twice. used a work alot. drives me crazy. but well, i don't have much room to talk. to lazy to hit shift key when i type. and spelling is awful at times. but its better than hubby's so that's a good thing.

untamed
05-19-2007, 09:21 AM
Az long az we no watt yur sain Kym, that iz all that materz.:D

MrsAPE
05-19-2007, 09:24 AM
Az long az we no watt yur sain Kym, that iz all that materz.:D

:rofl: so tru that be!

Black Horse
05-19-2007, 09:48 AM
Just axe me!

Gene
05-19-2007, 09:52 AM
I believe it has something to do with the German word for Please is also the same word for 'what'.

Sort of. In German you do say "bitte" if you don't understand what someone is saying, but "what?" in German is "was?"

But that makes sense why the grammar is screwed up on that. Actually, thinking of it that way makes me slightly less annoyed when I hear Cincinnatians say it.

One of that many grammar faux pas in writing that drive me nuts is "alot". It's "a lot"...there is no contraction of that in the English language.

untamed
05-19-2007, 10:17 AM
That makes alot of sense Gene.:D :D

StangGirlRN
05-19-2007, 11:22 AM
The one grammatical error that really ticks me off is when someone "axs" me instead of asks me, "Let me ax you something".....I really don't want to get axed!!

NXcoupe
05-19-2007, 11:35 AM
For some reason that one doesn't bother me as much as when somebody lists "90GT with LX body kit for sell." It's not for sell, it's for sale.

Took the words right out of my mouth! The seen thing gets me too. It's not that difficult of a language, geesh.

Gene
05-19-2007, 11:38 AM
The one grammatical error that really ticks me off is when someone "axs" me instead of asks me, "Let me ax you something".....I really don't want to get axed!!

That's really not a grammatical error, that's just pronunciation and dialect. It's like how Cincinnatians say "warsh" instead of "wash".

StangGirlRN
05-19-2007, 01:59 PM
That's really not a grammatical error, that's just pronunciation and dialect. It's like how Cincinnatians say "warsh" instead of "wash".

Guess you got me there, but it still drives me crazy!!:lol:

BigBadStang
05-19-2007, 08:43 PM
the please thing took me quite a while to figure out what the hell they meant when i moved down here! i am from the NW columbus area, and please doesnt mean what up there!

and when someone says "flar" or "tar" for flower or tire!
:rofl:

TheGirlfriend
05-20-2007, 11:07 AM
This would be the Girlfriend's husband. The all time worst grammatical error, in my opinion, would be ending sentences with "at". "Whar'd ya git that at?" I got it between the A and the T, butthead. "Where did you get that bitching fresh air intake?" Most everything that you folks have listed here I usually chalk up to laziness. But the "at" thing makes my teeth itch. I also can't believe the amount of "college graduates" with the grammar of a 5th grader. But, then again, according the Howie Mandell, no adult in the U. S. is that smart anyway.......... Scott and I know a woman who has passed the Ohio Bar and practices law. She is guilty of using most of the peeves on this list. A Law College Graduate! I have a ton more, but space is limited! Have a lovely day.

BigBadStang
05-21-2007, 12:41 AM
yes... it is improper to end a sentence with a preposition...lol.

what about "I'm gonna get me some of them!"
the list goes on...

REDHOTGTGIRL
05-21-2007, 11:03 AM
Well this has taken on a life of its own! LOL I think the list could go on and on...

BigBadStang
05-24-2007, 08:02 AM
and wtf is up with "idn-it"?

EVERYONE down here says "idn-it"...
silly me, i thought it was "isn't" it. :rolleyes:

89lxtacy
06-18-2007, 12:06 AM
and wtf is up with "idn-it"?

EVERYONE down here says "idn-it"...
silly me, i thought it was "isn't" it. :rolleyes:

thats a classic!

PaulFiveOh
06-18-2007, 12:51 AM
this here thread went and got done dug on up from the hollers.

ibstrokin
06-19-2007, 12:33 AM
I hate "how come" instead of why. Ive even heard pres. Bush say it.

mach_u
06-19-2007, 09:39 AM
I hate "how come" instead of why. Ive even heard pres. Bush say it.
I'm a die-hard Repub. and even I've got to admit the guy has problems putting a sentance together... :lol:

BigBadStang
06-19-2007, 01:59 PM
I'm a die-hard Repub. and even I've got to admit the guy has problems putting a sentance together... :lol:

:rofl: ...and you can't spell sentence! :rofl:
:D :lol: :tongue2: :HYF:

sorry...couldnt help myself!
just playin dude!

mach_u
06-19-2007, 10:32 PM
:rofl: ...and you can't spell sentence! :rofl:
:D :lol: :tongue2: :HYF:

sorry...couldnt help myself!
just playin dude!
Damn... That's what I get for posting before the coffee has kicked in! :lol: