PDA

View Full Version : MAF question and coil question...

Stangman
05-17-2007, 10:58 PM
ran some engine trouble codes today at my friends house and got a few that make me a bit mad, code 157 and 158, also i got code 556, 136 and 176 again but i think the last 3 are from not clearing my computer after (I think) i fixed the lean problem, so my question is, is it even possible for the MAF to get above AND below the min/max reading???? i think it was for voltage, but i dont recall

Second, if im gonna replace it, i wanna go with an aftermarket preformance MAF, any suggestions???

And on to the coil question, my MSD coil died the other day in the middle of the road, and it wasnt even 2 years old. whats the deal there? i threw an autozone coil on there and i think its burning itself up, why is my car burning up coils??? the center of the coil is very loose, I had never had any trouble out of it untill now, and when it died in traffic i thought i had fried another computer, good thing i didnt, i woulda left that mother there on tylersville road!!

A lil background on my ignition, i have an MSD 6A box, HAD an MSD blaster TFI coil, accel cap and rotor and Ford Racing 9mm wires, and NGK plugs (stock heat range)

I was told i should just try to go with another msd blaster and see what happens, Oh and another thing should i jump down a step or two to a colder plug since i am running what i think is a Very hot ignition, i get engine ping with my timing at 14 degrees AND with 93/94 octane, heck i get some ping even with my timing backed off now too

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction before i point my car into the lake. the saga never ends.....

thanks!:bigthumb

RACEME
05-18-2007, 05:58 AM
What car is this on?

Stangman
05-18-2007, 06:54 PM
Whoops, its my '94 GT, guess that would help...

Stangman
05-19-2007, 04:59 PM
should i just go with a stock replacement MAF until i go bigger?? (if i can ever afford it)