PDA

View Full Version : Is USPS that slow??

satan jamez
05-20-2007, 09:54 AM
I bought some axles from a guy near Boston and he shipped them out on Tuesday May 8th. It's been almost two weeks and i've had to cancel my appointment once already with Andy Law for the install. He didn't purchase tracking and that's fine, but I would have assumed they would have been here by now... is this normal?

mustangboy
05-20-2007, 10:11 AM
Two weeks would not be normal. I would be getting nervous right now. :(

untamed
05-20-2007, 10:26 AM
Yeh, that's not good. You need to be calling someone.

BigBadStang
05-20-2007, 10:48 AM
you might want to check into it. but with heavy packages, the USPS takes FOREVER!

i shipped a pair of axles to a guy in oregon via USPS at the buyers request and it took 33 days for him to get them.
when shipping oversize/heavier items it's usually best to use UPS or FedEx. tracking is included, and it gets where it is going a hell of a lot faster. USPS is not set up to handle large/heavy packages with the efficiency that package shippers are(UPS,FedEx).

Black Horse
05-20-2007, 02:45 PM
I think as their rates go up, their service gets worse.

satan jamez
05-20-2007, 05:19 PM
you might want to check into it. but with heavy packages, the USPS takes FOREVER!

i shipped a pair of axles to a guy in oregon via USPS at the buyers request and it took 33 days for him to get them.
when shipping oversize/heavier items it's usually best to use UPS or FedEx. tracking is included, and it gets where it is going a hell of a lot faster. USPS is not set up to handle large/heavy packages with the efficiency that package shippers are(UPS,FedEx).

I thought so.

'92Stang
05-20-2007, 11:02 PM
I work for USPS. You might want to make sure he mailed them. I work at the bulk mail center in Sharonville. Our mail volume is so low right now, our N.M.O.'s (non machinable objects/your axles), are getting processed, and shipped within an hour or two. As far as the rates, and stamp prices. Every town/city/village, has a post office. Every major city has a first class mail facility along with a bulk mail center. We have over the road truckers, and contract trucking company's. We have the largest fleet of vehicles in the world. Go to Canada, or another country such as France, Italy, Germany. See how much it is to mail a letter home ( $1.00 or more). Besides the internet, we are the cheapest form of personal letters being sent in the world. Imagine the axle shipping price??? Headquarters in washington just released a memo a few days ago. Every time gas prices rise .01 cent. It costs the USPS 1 million dollars a day. Yea, it sucks. But, the gas prices even effect your mail. Hope you get your axles soon;)

'92Stang
05-20-2007, 11:13 PM

Sold a jeep to Jeff/Strokercobra. The transfer case went out within a few days. We bought one off e-bay, and it was shipped UPS at the mailers request. We waited, and waited for it to come in????? My neighbor who works at UPS in tri-county told me it was laying on the floor, beneath a roller table. It had been there for several days. He'd called someone to pick it up. Nobody showed up. Evidently it fell off the table, and tore through the box. The package needed to be repaired. We called the mailer, and thankfully he'd insured it, and sent another one out. We received it within a week. The one on the floor was here 3 days later.:HYF:

BigBadStang
05-21-2007, 12:52 AM
Sold a jeep to Jeff/Strokercobra. The transfer case went out within a few days. We bought one off e-bay, and it was shipped UPS at the mailers request. We waited, and waited for it to come in????? My neighbor who works at UPS in tri-county told me it was laying on the floor, beneath a roller table. It had been there for several days. He'd called someone to pick it up. Nobody showed up. Evidently it fell off the table, and tore through the box. The package needed to be repaired. We called the mailer, and thankfully he'd insured it, and sent another one out. We received it within a week. The one on the floor was here 3 days later.:HYF:

I could see that happening...lol.
but when big brown has to give a refund, it gets EVERYONES attention, and i bet that the supervisor in charge of the sort it was designated to caught some major $hit over it.
about a month ago they had to eat a whole trailer load of package shipping costs at one of our direct customer pickups due to a dispatchers oversight. dispatcher received 2 week suspension w/o pay, and they assigned an extra driver and truck to the account.

btw... i read where we (UPS) is negotiating a deal to haul USPS mail on our planes. have you heard anything about this? it is supposed to be a fairly lucrative deal.

Mista Bone
05-21-2007, 02:43 AM
with the rise in fuel prices, the shippers wanna make sure each plane is fully loaded, even if it means going threw the competition.

I prefer FedEx for heavy items, I pack well and insure for $1000.......

Timido
05-21-2007, 11:18 AM
Fed Ex ground sucks monkey butts. I have had the best luck with UPS I sent a coverter to TCi in Mississippi to be changed. I was told how much it was I sent a check out that day from the downtown Cincinnati post office. The coverter was changed and on my front porch from UPS 3 working days later. The check didnt get to Mississippi till 7 working days from normal post office.

Mista Bone
05-21-2007, 12:50 PM
90 lb transmission from Cincy to Washington State, dropped it off before 6 pm at Kinkos, it was delivered in Friday.

347sc
05-21-2007, 02:54 PM
90 lb transmission from Cincy to Washington State, dropped it off before 6 pm at Kinkos, it was delivered in Friday.

Can I get a translator?:confused:

TARDY
05-21-2007, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Bone

We sent a 90lb transmission from Cincinnati to Washington State with UPS.We dropped it off before 6pm at kinkos here in cincy and it was delivered to Washington state 4 days later

dedpedal
05-21-2007, 06:07 PM
Quote:

We sent a 90lb transmission from Cincinnati to Washington State with UPS.We dropped it off before 6pm at kinkos here in cincy and it was delivered to Washington state 4 days later

Be careful Tardy, I hear Cincinnati Bell is going to up the random drug tests and you MUST be high to have translated that.

MADMOD
05-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Go Brown!!!!

http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/PhotoGallery/images/ups_girl_lrg.gif

TARDY
05-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Be careful Tardy, I hear Cincinnati Bell is going to up the random drug tests and you MUST be high to have translated that.

Just trying to help Bo out

bcoh5gt
05-21-2007, 07:52 PM

:doh:

NXcoupe
05-21-2007, 07:57 PM
I bought some tooling and the guy sent it USPS. He sent another package out to me 5 days later and I got it today. It wasn't that heavy, the other package still hasn't arrived. I checked the tracking and it went from WI to IL, and now it's in GEORGIA!!! WTF? So it's been sitting in GA for 4 days now, don't know what they are waiting on, and if fuel is such a problem, then why send it right past where it is going? Geesh. It could end up being several weeks before I get it. At least he gave me a tracking number.

'92Stang
05-21-2007, 09:06 PM
I bought some tooling and the guy sent it USPS. He sent another package out to me 5 days later and I got it today. It wasn't that heavy, the other package still hasn't arrived. I checked the tracking and it went from WI to IL, and now it's in GEORGIA!!! WTF? So it's been sitting in GA for 4 days now, don't know what they are waiting on, and if fuel is such a problem, then why send it right past where it is going? Geesh. It could end up being several weeks before I get it. At least he gave me a tracking number.

Can't figure that out either. It should have went through chicago, Indy, and then here.???? Is it at the bulk mail center in atlanta??? Too bad it went through chicago. They recently canned a lot of there people for fudging numbers etc..Good luck

satan jamez
05-22-2007, 10:07 AM
They finally made it after 13 days!! I was a little nervous to say the least. Well, it's off to Andy Law's for the install!

Thanks fellas,
Bob

Mista Bone
05-23-2007, 02:52 AM
Quote:

You had to add words to understand.........sorry my mind is above yours, just my mental issue thing.

Some guy in a wheel chair wasn't understood for years, yet he talks about black holes and other space matters. Sorry, I was trying to be brief about my posts.

"This is Stephen Hawking"

Einstien had similar issues, but he never did any anything, Right?

Lets see some word issues.

Pelham Road
Taylor, Detroit
Liberty Gears
Honda D-series
Handcuffed 5th gear

Need more info?

Sorry, I rise above sometimes, yet the lowers cannot understand the thought process. I have a knack about gearing, something that Gale Banks and the late J. Lingenfelter understood.

Yet just a humble SBZ'er trying to learn........always learning, and getting better and/or faster.

Spirit of Vinny, Rev 5.0

I'm sorry I cannot convey my ideas to you in which you can understand. I'm just a humble gearhead, the same as Ohio George. He did nothing either........

Right.

Just something about Indy 500 motors and other classes he built motors for......you know anything about that?

Guess not.

mach_u
05-23-2007, 07:42 AM
You had to add words to understand.........sorry my mind is above yours, just my mental issue thing.

Some guy in a wheel chair wasn't understood for years, yet he talks about black holes and other space matters. Sorry, I was trying to be brief about my posts.

"This is Stephen Hawking"

Einstien had similar issues, but he never did any anything, Right?
Wait... Are you comparing yourself to Hawking/Einstein? :lol: That cigaweed left some lasting damage I think! You have to be able to spell Einstein correctly first! :rofl:

Mista Bone
05-24-2007, 01:24 AM
lysdexia (dyslexia for you normal people) is the main cause of my typos.

Beer is the second cause :)

6 months of MaryJane (1999) daily does effect your lifetime thinking process. Seeing how it made me NOT THINK is one reason I got away from it. IMHO because of weed, one side of my brain/hand typing is slow to respond. That plus dyslexia and my posts gets all mixed up!

Then add beer and Kevin is like WTF Boner?

Being dyslexic and having a different thought process, just means I see things from a different point of view.

You know, ask Tony B. or Gary R. a question and see what to you might be mumble jumble answer......I'd understand.

Call me weird, call me a ricer, just never call me late to Jeff's grilling.

740 BBC Merlin block, valves kissed pistons upon startup, I called it, owner said I was stupid, drop a valvehead 300 feet later @ 5500 rpms.

Hey crackers, what does it take to get Jeff back out with his BBQ setup? All this beer tonight and I'm hungry!